Please REMOVE the width on the site!!

Any problems, requests or comments regarding the site can go in here.

Please REMOVE the width on the site!!

Postby Jynks on Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:35 am

This new site in phpbb3 has a set width.. and it is terrible.. Almost every single thread is unreadable. As screenshots and all the like are cut off, the text is cramped... it is upsetting!!

All you need to do is edit the overaLL header to remove teh fixed width ot somthign liek 85% or so.... That way the site will scale to the width of teh broswer on you screen.
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Re: Please REMOVE the width on the site!!

Postby dinky on Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:04 am

screenies look fine when one uses thumbs or attachments. attachments "hover." it's really cool. at first I was taken back, but now...I think I really like it.

that said, I would rather define columns by percent too. there's a lot of wasted space. I'd have said 90%. you only need a little flavor of the black/space around the edges.

here's my question though: wasn't the sfdd default theme also fixed with prior to the upgrade? I'm pretty sure it was.
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby Jynks on Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:22 am

Well i like the theme i just hate how it is so squished up...

I mean yo ucan not even see the entire screenshots as posted by people... you can not even see the entire NFO in some cases....

Here is a screenshot of how it looks....

Note teh length of the post... + the way the screenshots do not fit + the way that the NFo is all squished.

(I added a screenshot of how teh screenshots are ment ot look at the bottom)

NOTER there are no slide bars.. so when the screenshots are to big (witch is all screenshots btw) you can not even scroll the post so you can see the entire shot
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby dinky on Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:58 pm

I'm attaching a screenie as attachment just to test...

edit: no dice. 256kb limit.

embedding thumbs...

looks like the best thing to do for the time being is post thumbs. which is personally what I prefer anyway. but meh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby Jynks on Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:02 pm

dinky wrote:looks like the best thing to do for the time being is post thumbs. which is personally what I prefer anyway. but meh.

yea.. but there is already 4000 posts.... ... .
Last edited by Jynks on Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby dinky on Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:41 pm

yep.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby dinky on Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:11 am

lookin' good now. banner is clickable too. :rock:
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby Jynks on Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:55 am

Awesome ... great work. thanks man.. now i can enjoy the pretty white theme :) (so sick of dark themes :)
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Return to Site Help & Development