Farscape (Series 1-4)

Scif-fi Series... Farscape, Star Trek, Sliders, etc.

Moderator: Misc Mods

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sun Sep 25, 2005 3:07 pm

yeah i know! It was awesome... naaayaaahhyaahhh :lol:

:wacky:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby Jynks on Sun Sep 25, 2005 3:28 pm

I like the intro to farscape. that little speach he gives is cool... apart from using the see at the end of the sentence twice.

horror I've seen
wounders I've seen"

but the speach is still cool.
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby spudthedestroyer on Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:31 pm

*updated with some screens*
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby spudthedestroyer on Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:36 am

Awesome news, Farscape DVD box sets are £29.99 from Choice Direct.
This is the same company I got my Babylon 5 sets from for £17.99 a pop, and are one of the best uk online retailers in the uk these days (incase your wondering about the price).

Season 1 = £29.99
http://www.choicesdirect.com/templates/ ... uid=656164
Season 2 = £29.99
http://www.choicesdirect.com/templates/ ... uid=661497
Season 3 = £29.99
http://www.choicesdirect.com/templates/ ... uid=668865
Season 4 = £29.99
http://www.choicesdirect.com/templates/ ... uid=674743

That's a lot cheaper than anywhere else that sells them by about £20. Its about 60% price offer for DVD box sets, check it out
Scifi Box Set Offers
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby spudthedestroyer on Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:15 pm

Since we are having a discussion at fileheaven here's some replies, firstly to a thanks and is S3 ws, and secondly about the which sets those are:
spudthedestroyer wrote:@jared, well i feel its my duty to introduce this show to as many people as possible because i made a mistake of misjuding what it was about and imagine lots of other people have. In that sense i have to say, S1 will probably be the most off putting to most people (or "dabbling" and making a judgement).

Farscape kicks up a gear when scorpious arrives, the chase just gets more intense and the show steps up a gear. The show gets bigger and more players/bad guys get involved, all of which are hell bent on capturing moya. Series 1 generally feels more like a introduction to the farscape world, or at least i always felt, whereas you get the long story arks and the continous multipart episodes in later series. There's much more in the style of the end of series 1 to look forward to.

Until i recently rewatched i could have sworn blind S3 was in WS, but infact, of the rips i have S1-3 are 4:3 and S4 and peacekeeper wars are WS. I guess I just thought it looked ace so remembered it as being WS.

Glad you liked it. The single most hardest thing with this show is to overcome is this reaction:
Random Quote from Google wrote:I actually watched FARSCAPE circa 1999 shortly after it debuted on BBC2 and dismissed it as a "STAR TREK wannabe with Muppets". It's the biggest misjudgement I've ever made about a TV show.

I made that mistake too, and it was a silly one because its so not the case. I picked up on it on bb2 too, but luckily, i saw two episodes (S4, non-arc stories) and was hooked. I then went back and quickly watched S1-4 intime for the series 4 finale :)

@Stormshadow, Good question, because i'm not 100% on this either.
Starburst editions aren't out in the uk. There just the R2 edition standards, but we got our dvds after the american sets were released and if memory serves they aren't the same. What happened was amazingly, the americans got the screw job on this one and not the limeys. Usually its the other way round.

In the uk, we only have the one set of DVDs with different packaging as far as I know. Picture wise i think they are identical between all the sets. i heard both the starbursts and original US had buggy menus or something.

I don't know if the choices one is a bigger box set or not, I think its full blown series box sets. I'll have to let you know the exact specifics when they arrive. Play.com has only these box sets listed and i think its the same ones here:

Play.com's S1 wrote: * 8 commentaries
* 'Making of Farscape' documentary
* Farscape screensaver and PC links
* Original Jim Henson company trailer
* Uncut episodes
* Original concept artwork for characters and episodes
* Interview profiles
* scene access

Play.com's S2 wrote: * Interview profiles with Gigi Edgley, Wayne Pygram and Lani Tupu
* Deleted scenes
* Cast biographies
* Galleries
* PC screensaver
* Quiz
* Commentaries: 'Mind The Baby' with David Kemper, Lani Tupu and Andrew Prowse / 'Crackers Don't Matter' with Claudia Black and Ian Watson / 'Won't Get Fooled Again' with David Kemper and Rowan Woods (additional commentary with Rowan Woods and Richard Manning) / 'Die Me, Dichotomy' with David Kemper and Rowan Woods
* Interactive menus
* Scene selections

Play.com's S3 wrote: * Audio commentary on episode 'Self-Inflicted Wounds - Part 2' from Claudia Black
* Audio commentary on episode 'Eat Me' from Guy Gross
* Audio commentary on episode 'Green Eyed Monster' from Ben Browder and Tony Tilse
* Audio commentary on episode 'Relativity' from Peter Andrikidis and Lani Tupu
* Audio commentary on episode 'The Choice' from Claudia Black
* Additional audio commentary on episode 'The Choice' from Rowan Woods and Justin Monjo
* 'Farscape Undressed' featurette
* Profiles of all the main characters including interviews with Claudia Black, Ben Browder, Paul Goddard and Anthony Simcoe
* Interview with David Hemper
* Interview with Guy Gross
* Gallery of stills featuring concept artwork, characters and prop photography
* Original 'Sci-Fi Show' trailers
* Interactive menu
* Chapter selection

Play.com's S4 wrote: * Audio commentary on 'Crichton Kicks' episode from Andrew Prowse and Gigi Edgley
* Audio commentary on 'John Quixote' episode from Tony Tiles and Sean Masterson
* Audio commentary on 'Unrealised Reality' episode from Anthony Simcoe and Andrew Prowse
* Audio commentary on 'A Constellation Of Doubt' episodes from Andrew Prowse and Anthony Simcoe
* Audio commentary on 'Bad Timing' episode from Andrew Prowse and Gigi Edgley
* Deleted scenes
* Outtakes
* Stills gallery
* 'The Story So Farscape' featurette
* 'VFX Crew' featurette
* 'Moya's Menu' featurette
* Exclusive 'Farwell' featurette on the show's end with Anthony Simcoe, Wayne Pygram, Claudia Black and others
* Never before seen make-up tests
* Terms of Farscape's uncharted territory
* Interviews
* Farscape facts
* Alien slang!

*I think*
I checked for dvd box sets a while back, and this offer wasn't on. I think its pretty newly launched. Last time Choices did this with babylon 5, about 2 months down the line other sites responded like wise.

On another note, Play.com has a Series 1-4 box set slated for release later this year, although its at £200 :o
http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page=ti ... g=72&pa=sr
Seems to be just the S1-4 sets bundled as one box.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby spudthedestroyer on Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:45 am

And confirmation, those are the neat limited edition DVD box

spudthedestroyer wrote:Good news, i can confirm that these are the ones listed at play and infact are the "Limited Edition" complete series box sets of the later releases with the best extras available in the uk. They are in a cardboard box which opens up to reveal all the discs in cardboard cases of their own.
S2 and S4 have arrived and they have the extras quoted above. I'm now going to buy S1 to replace the one I have, and my old one is going on ebay :)

btw. WARNING CONTAINS STROBE LIGHTING :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Previous

Return to Sci-fi Series