Rainbow Six: Rogue Spear (PC) (CD-ROM)

Weird and wonderful Sci-fi games. Mark clearly in brackets after which console it is for, if it is a pc game, do not bother.

Moderator: Misc Mods

Postby spudthedestroyer on Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:13 am

In my opinion this is still by far the best tactical shooter available, far better than even its own sequels. The unfortunate reason for this is how it's sequels upgraded (or in my opinion downgraded) to the Unreal engine, which is incapable of providing the tactical environment that this game acheived (although some of the advancements were really great). So this is an old game, but its still a great one. Network play is also very enjoyable, we used to play this one a lot.

Now before you say why sci-fi? Since the clear motive here is tactical shooting, its acheived through a bit of creative narrative about terrorist activities and was at the time set in the future.

Onto the link, this has many sources but its personally unverified. I have this on retail so never downloaded a version myself.
ed2k: Tom.Clancys.Rainbow.Six.Rogue.Spear.iso  [516.76 Mb] [Stats]
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby spudthedestroyer on Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:15 am

Here's also some addon packs:
ed2k: Rainbow%20Six%20-%20Rogue%20Spear%20-%20Black%20Thorn.zip  [689.05 Mb] [Stats]
ed2k: Tom.Clancys.Rainbow.Six.Rogue.Spear.Urban.Operations.iso  [502.71 Mb] [Stats]

[ Add all 2 links to your ed2k client ]
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby John_Doe on Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:14 am

hehe, remember I used to play this alot as well, when I was living at a school. Had a 30 meter coax cable which ran out through an air vent, over the roof, and down the other side, all without the teachers knowing. =)
Ahh.. no offence, but you are a robot, aren't you?
John_Doe
The Ninth Passenger

Return to Games