Resident Evil 4 (GameCube)

Weird and wonderful Sci-fi games. Mark clearly in brackets after which console it is for, if it is a pc game, do not bother.

Moderator: Misc Mods

Resident Evil 4 (GameCube)

Postby <insert> on Fri Aug 12, 2005 5:07 am

Mr_Ed wrote:In Resident Evil 4 players are reacquainted with Leon S. Kennedy, Raccoon City Police Department’s idealistic rookie cop from Resident Evil 2. It has been six years since the destruction of Raccoon City and in that time, the U.S. government has been able to destroy the nefarious Umbrella Corporation. Fast forward to 2004 and players rejoin Leon, who is now a U.S. agent with a top-secret mission. He has been tasked to look into the abduction of the President’s daughter and his investigation has led him to a mysterious location in Europe. As Leon encounters unimaginable horrors, he must find out who or what is behind everything.

Features:
- Never before seen enemies defy laws of nature and are smarter than ever
- Hear conversations and monologues in real time
- For 1 player
- Leon S. Kennedy, the rookie cop from Resident Evil, is now an agent on a top-secret mission
- New behind the camera view allows for more intuitive movement

ed2k: GC.Resident.Evil.4.CD1.PAL.iso  [1.36 Gb] [Stats]
ed2k: GC.Resident.Evil.4.CD2.PAL.iso  [1.36 Gb] [Stats]

Languages: English, German, French, Spanish and Italian

thanks go to Mr_Ed, I don't have it verified or shared myself.
just doing the mirror thing for anyone interested :beerchug: enjoy

[ Add all 2 links to your ed2k client ]
<insert>
The Ninth Passenger

Postby spudthedestroyer on Fri Aug 12, 2005 5:40 pm

I got the NTSC one, but good shit.

Easily the best RE game, they surpassed themselves,
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby Jynks on Fri Aug 12, 2005 7:26 pm

what is the deal with using these isos? Do you need a chip?
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby <insert> on Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:00 pm

yeah spudthedestroyer , it looks really good. I played the old playstation ones plenty in the past.
I read there isn't going to be any PC version of this :( .. stinky

Jynks wrote:what is the deal with using these isos? Do you need a chip?

yep , I would imagine so
http://www.google.com/search?q=gamecube+modding

:wink:
Slowly Building the Subterranean Internet Movie Database

News Feeds for my Lastest Finds: >> [ed2k] [BT] [NZB]
HOWTO's: rss > bt > ed2k > usenet

<insert>
The Ninth Passenger

Postby spudthedestroyer on Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:17 am

no you don't need a chip, i don't have one. Check out hhah hardware forum for the various methods.

I used the network booting with PSO at first, now i just boot from an action replay.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby Jynks on Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:21 am

Bah... think I would prefer to just chip it and be done with it.. probably cost less..
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby spudthedestroyer on Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:27 am

nope, cost of action replay in the uk is £10, you might need an official memory card which is about £6. Chip still costs £50 (last time i checked) and you have to solder and install it, which means taking the thing to pieces.

Chip is simplar once everything is setup though :)
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby Jynks on Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:18 am

say in the hhah instructions I need all sorts of special network crads and hubs and stuff??

PC Arcade@HHAH wrote:Thigs you need
A Gamecube (Hereafter referred to as GC)
Star Online Episode II and III[/url]. NOT the Plus version (hereafter referred to as PSO)
A GC Memory card

Things you will need only once for intial setup
A PC with a NIC card
A GC Broadband Adapter (Hereafter referred to as BBA)
A Cat 5 network cable to connect the PC (or Router) to the GC
Phantasy

and the following software :
[url=http://forums.maxconsole.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=33752]GCoS 1.4

*Items marked with a * are only needed ONCE for the original setup and can be rented / returned to retailer after use Wink

Optional Extras
GC Action Replay (any variant)
Official Memory card (preferably NEVER used)
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby spudthedestroyer on Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:06 am

only once though, if you get someone to put a file on the memory card you don't need anything else except the action replay disc. Those are needed to put a file on the memory card, but once its on the memory card then that's it, you don't need em.

There were people on ebay selling a memory card with the files already on.

Action Replay
£0.99 :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby Jynks on Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:17 am

dose the file have a name or somthing so I can trace it on ebay easyer.... say search for "gamecube memory stick boot file" or somthing like that
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby spudthedestroyer on Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:32 am

sorry bud, i was just searching for official memory card when i found one... didn't buy one since i got all the stuff listed anyway.

If you can't find one or get someone to put the file on the memory card for you, you might as well buy a modchip. But the action replay is the cheapest by miles.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby spudthedestroyer on Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:46 am

there's other alternatives that don't need a bba:
http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=8078
Code: Select all
Buy a Max Drive Pro from codejunkies.

This way you don't need the BBA, don't have to connect to a PC or use PSO. Just load GCOS 1.4 onto the memory card and use the Max Drive Pro boot disk to select and run the .dol. Cleanest method I've found for playing backups.

I think the cheapest and better method is AR + SD Card Adapter (SD Gecko available on techworld.fr) and nothing else (no BBA, no PSO, no mod), and no IT skills is needed.
I heard some homebrew doesn't work well with Max Drive Pro.

You could buy the MAX EVO version of AR, and You will get a free Max Drive (pray for a pro version) with it. So you got 2 methods to launch homebrew and backup for the same price if you're lucky.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Return to Games