Galactic Civilizations II: Dread Lords [RELOADED] (PC)

Weird and wonderful Sci-fi games. Mark clearly in brackets after which console it is for, if it is a pc game, do not bother.

Moderator: Misc Mods

Galactic Civilizations II: Dread Lords [RELOADED] (PC)

Postby Titania on Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:22 pm

Code: Select all
Galactic Civilizations II: Dread Lords (c) 2K GAMES

03/2006 :..... RELEASE.DATE .. PROTECTION .......: -
                  2 :.......... DISC(S) .. GAME.TYPE ........: Strategy

ÃœÃŸÃŸ  ÜßßÜ ÜßÜßÜ Üßß  ß ÜßßÜ ÜßßÜ ÜßßÜ Üß
  ßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßß Ű ÃŸ˛ Űß߲ Ű   ˛ ˛ÃŸ Ãœ Ű Ű  ˛ ˛ÃŸ   Ű  ˛ ÃŸÃŸÃŸŰ ÃŸÃŸÃŸÃŸÃŸÃŸÃŸÃŸÃŸÃŸÃŸÃŸÃŸÃŸÃŸÃŸ
                    ßß  ß    ß   ÃŸ ßßßß ß ß    ß     ÃŸÃŸ   ÃŸÃŸ

Galactic Civilizations II: Dread Lords is a PC strategy game in which the
 players take on the role of leader of a space-faring civilization. Players
 direct their civilization's military, colonize planets, establish trade routes,
 fight wars, research new technologies, sign treaties, build up their planet's
 industry & economy, and ultimately battle to control the galaxy.

It is the sequel to Galactic Civilizations (2003), a game that won Turn-Based
 Strategy Game of the Year from GameSpy.com, as well as Editor's Choice awards
 from several publications including Computer Gaming World and Computer Games
 Magazine

ÃŸ ÜßßÜ Üß   ˛ÃœÃœ  ÜßßÜ ˛   ˛   ÃœÃŸÃŸÃœ ÜßßÜ ˛ÃœÃœ  Üßß  Üß
  ßßßßßßßßßß Ű Ű  ˛ ÃŸÃŸÃŸŰ Ű  Ãœ Űß߲ Ű   Ű   Ű  ˛ Ű  ˛ Ű  Ãœ ˛ÃŸ Ãœ ÃŸÃŸÃŸŰ ÃŸÃŸÃŸÃŸÃŸÃŸÃŸÃŸÃŸÃŸ
             ÃŸ ß     ÃŸÃŸ   ÃŸÃŸÃŸ ß    ßßß ßßß ß     ÃŸÃŸ   ÃŸÃŸÃŸ ßßßß  ßß

1. Unrar.
  2. Install.
  3. Serial is optional and only required for online updates, so do not enter
     anything if you do not have a valid serial.
  4. Play the game.

ed2k: rld-gc2.OSiOLEK.nfo  [4.0 Kb] [Stats]
ed2k: rld-gc2a.OSiOLEK.bin  [653.24 Mb] [Stats]
ed2k: rld-gc2a.OSiOLEK.cue  [82 Bytes] [Stats]
ed2k: rld-gc2b.OSiOLEK.bin  [605.68 Mb] [Stats]
ed2k: rld-gc2b.OSiOLEK.cue  [82 Bytes] [Stats]

Titania

[ Add all 5 links to your ed2k client ]
Titania
Red Shirted Trekker

Postby Jynks on Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:32 pm

This game is pretty cool.. from one of my fav types of games... Space Collinizaton / Empire Building....

thanks....
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby spudthedestroyer on Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:07 pm

from one of my fav types of games... Space Collinizaton / Empire Building....
what's your take on spore?

Take a look:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 98&q=spore
http://spore.ea.com/
Its like ultra empire building from microbe to mega-empire. Scroll to the end if 30mins of preview is too much ;)
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby Jynks on Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:56 pm

WOW!!! That looks pretty cool. Wait.. it is AMAZINGLY cool.....

I remember reading once of a MMOG game where you played microbes and have to evolve into intelegint creatures, eventually building empires etc etc etc.. you each started with a certin amount of players per planet.. then expanded into space... They used a compressed time system so lower life forms the ages moved past a lot faster than high beings... evcentually you moved into pure energy... it was a kind of strat game....

I forget its name and I assume it was lost in production hell.. but i was always interested in it..

And some of us might remeber the ill fated Dreamcast? Well there was a series of games on that called Evolva (or somthing like that) witch was also a evolution game from single cell into giant creatures alla black and white style.
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby spudthedestroyer on Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:33 pm

you sure its not the same game, Spore, if you listen he keeps talking about other players but i don't know if he means similtaneous multiplayer actionb or not.

As for the evolution motif, i remember a pc game that was like a 3rd person action/adventure game where you evolved your characters, sounds like the same one you mentioned for the dreamcast, was about the same time... twas called EVO i think.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby Jynks on Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:08 am

No the one I was talking about was a 2D style "command and conqure" looking thing... nothing even close to the complexity to spore.. unless mabey the developers somhow ended up over at that project. This was ages ago about the time EQ was just starting up.

From what the avi showed me it (he mentios it when talking abuot visiting other player made worlds in the univerce) that the game IS NOT realtime multiplayer.... when you log off and log on you upload / download from a world server that records all the other infomation.

i am not sure how this works... as in his demo he gose and destroys a player made world.... it seams that while you can look at, use designes, cross breed etc etc with other players you can not directly effect them .. for instence go destroy their homeplanet... Like I said not sure but am interested to find out.
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Return to Games