Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (1998) (N64)

Weird and wonderful Sci-fi games. Mark clearly in brackets after which console it is for, if it is a pc game, do not bother.

Moderator: Misc Mods

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (1998) (N64)

Postby spudthedestroyer on Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:53 am

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64)

This thread contains three distinct downloads. Firstly is the european ROM of perhaps the greatest game ever made. This can be played on your gamecube, Xbox but i'm posting this with the intension of emulation on a PC. In addition to this ROM, are two texture packs, which will increase the visual appeal of this now very old game. One pack is a Cartoony shaded texture pack which will make the game have a Wind Waker like quality (although not as fluid and beautiful I'm afraid), the other texture pack is a high resolution, more realistic pack of textures.

I would recommend downloading the Cel-shaded pack as this contains all the plugins and applications you need to install. Once you have this, you simply need to extract your textures for the high resolution textures instead of the cel-shaded if you wish to use them instead.

---------

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64) (EU ROM)

Description
This is the n64 ROM for Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Download:

ed2k: The%20Legend%20of%20Zelda%205%20Ocarina%20of%20Time%20(n64)(eur).zip  [25.81 Mb] [Stats]

---------

Cel-Shaded Texture Pack - COMPLETE 100% done

Homepage
Official Thread
Specific Package

Description
This is a "cel-Shaded" OOT mod made by djipi at emutalk.net.

Essentially its a lot of high resolution texture replacements for the N64 Rom, replacing all the textures with cartoon like textures giving the appearance of being cel shaded.

Requirements:
Semi-Decent PC (capable of running a N64 emulator with no problems)
Winrar (file is rar, also contains a .7z file)

Contents:
-  Djipi's Final Cel-Zelda Mod package
- Final update to above package
- Menu upgrade/fix for some OOT versions (see screenshots below)
- BMGLIB dll file -- required for loading the textures
- Rice's video plugin and Azimer's Audio plugin (The former is required, the latter is not, but seems to work better for me)
- Basic Install instructions
- 1964 Installer.

Instructions:
Install Instructions.

1.) Install 1964.
2.) Move Zelda - Ocarina of Time to C:/Program Files/1964/099 (the emulator directory) (or wherever you want it)
3.) Unzip "BMGLib" to C:/Program Files/1964/099 (the emulator directory)
4.) Unzip Plugins to C:/Program Files/1964/099/plugins/
5.) Go to C:/Program Files/1964/099/plugins/
6.) Create directory named "hires_texture"
7.) Go into "Djipi's Final Cell Zelda MOD" until you see the folder "Legend of Zelda". Unpack this directory *as is* into hires_texture. You should have C:/Program Files/1964/099/plugins/hires_texture/The Legend of Zelda/
8.) Unpack "menus" into C:/Program Files/1964/099/plugins/hires_texture/Legend of Zelda/
9.) Unpack the folder Zupdate from "Zelda Final Update" package into C:/Program Files/1964/099/plugins/hires_texture/Legend of Zelda/
10.) Follow the directions in the readme of "Zelda Final Update" and delete the said folders . The update package will not apply if you don't delete said folders. If the folders mentioned are missing, ignore them.
11.) Launch 1964.
12.) Click "plug-ins" at the top and "change plug-ins." For video pick the 6.1.1 beta 10 and for audio pick the Azimer plugin.
13.) Click "plug-ins" at the top and change the video settings. uncheck "hide advanced options" under the general tab. go to "texture filters tab and check "load hi-res textures if available"
14.) set all the rest of your plugin settings to your liking. Dont change it if you dont know what it is or you can lock yourself out of your game.
15.) Launch the game. If you did everything right you should see a screen similar to http://www.gamersadvanced.com/blackmage/wwoot.PNG

Download:

Complete Pack - 120 MB
DS Revolution

--------

High Resolution Texture Pack - INCOMPLETE ~20% done

Homepage
http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=33667

Description

This is a pack aimed at increasing the graphical 'realism' of this old game. Its worth noting, that this is not complete, only a small portion of the game has been completed thus far.

Requirements:
Semi-Decent PC (capable of running a N64 emulator with no problems)
Winrar

Download:

Pack 01 - 16.7 MB
Emutalk Download Link (HTTP)
Fileplanet Download Link (HTTP)
Pack 02 - 11.8 MB
Pack 03 - 22.1 MB

Other Links
Help Thread / Troubleshooting

----

Just the download links:
ed2k: The%20Legend%20of%20Zelda%205%20Ocarina%20of%20Time%20(n64)(eur).zip  [25.81 Mb] [Stats]
Cel-Shaded Pack
Hi-Res Pack 1
Hi-Res Pack 2
Hi-Res Pack 3

[ Add all 2 links to your ed2k client ]
Last edited by spudthedestroyer on Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby spudthedestroyer on Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:54 am

Sreenshots

Original:

Celda:

Hi-Res:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby spudthedestroyer on Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:26 pm

Here's my recommendations for controls, with and without a pad:
spudthedestroyer wrote:I use a gamecube pad for emulation on the pc actually. Your best off with an analogue stick. I'll tell you the layout as if you've got a pad that's similar to a ps2 style pad (ie, shoulder buttons, an analogue stick and some face buttons)

Part of the reason for zelda's reception was it invented (pretty much) the Z-lock-on (where you hold a button and it locks onto the nearest bad guy. You can then hop and skip around the guy and do all sorts of backflips and what not with the analogue and A buttons (A is action).

On the n64, you control with the analogue which is on the central prong, you've got on the reverse of this the Z button which locks on to the nearest enemy during combat mode. A is Action, and b is your sword smash. The c buttons are remapple and where you put your items (ie bow and arrow, hookshot, bottle).

I would recommend using a pad, mapping the analogue to analogue, mapping the Z to a button on the reverse or the shoulder button nearest your analogue stick. As far as the main face buttons, the one under your thumb in the most natural position should be A. A button to the left of this should be your B button. Ideally, your C-Left, C-Right and C-Down should be in a triangle facing in the appropriate directions above these two or to the right.

L-Trig I can't recall what it does, i think it turns your map on and off and isn't needed, which is why i recommend the shoulder button above your analogue be Z, not L. And your right shoulder button should be R which is your shield.

Escape or a central start button is a logical choice for Start, this is your map and item menu.

C-Up lets you look around in first person mode, but you can't do much in this, just marvel at the view. So that's expendable
D-Pad I can't remember ever using on the n64, i think it just changed the map.

If you've got a keyboard and no access to a pad, god help you... its going to be very difficult.
I'd say, W is analogue up, S is analogue down, A is analogue left and D is analogue right. A is space bar. B is Left Shift. Z is Enter. C-Left is Q, C-Right is E and C-Down is 2. Esc is start. R is Right Shift. C-Up can be anything really, 1 for proximity. Same goes for other controls. Really wouldn't recommend a keyboard though. Its designed for an n64 pad very closely, although it works with a gamecube pad next (because of the gcn pad is an update of the n64 pad).
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Return to Games