Deus Ex (1999) (PC)

Weird and wonderful Sci-fi games. Mark clearly in brackets after which console it is for, if it is a pc game, do not bother.

Moderator: Misc Mods

Deus Ex (1999) (PC)

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sun May 09, 2004 8:10 pm

Deus Ex - 1999 (PC)

The year is 2052 and the world is a dangerous and chaotic place. Terrorists operate openly, killing thousands; drugs, disease, and pollution kill even more. The world's economics are close to collapse, and the gap between the insanely wealthy and the desperately poor has grown to the size of the Grand Canyon. Worst of all, an ages-old conspiracy bent on world domination has decided that the time is right to emerge from the shadows and take control. No one believes the conspiracy exists--no one but you.
In this thrilling role-playing adventure, you play the part of J.C. Denton, a powerful, nanotechnologically augmented antiterrorist agent. It's up to you to stop the conspirators from achieving their goals. But this world is full of lies and betrayal, a world where nothing is as it seems and entire nations can seemingly be turned against you at the push of a button. To succeed, you must travel the globe in a quest for knowledge, develop your character's nanotech augmentations and strengths as you see fit, build a network of allies to assist you, and determine when stealth and strategy are more important than action. And each time you think you've got the mystery solved, the game figured out, there's another, deeper mystery to be unraveled. You will never know whom to trust, who your friends are, who's in the conspiracy, and who's innocent. Maybe no one is.

ed2k: Deus.Ex.(clonecd).Eselfilme.de.rar  [485.66 Mb] [Stats]

maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:15 pm

Same rip, more info :)

mischka wrote:Deus Ex
Yeah I know it's a few years old now, but great game.

PlanetDeusEx ~ DeusExGaming

Features:

First-person role-playing game, with third-person view for conversations
Address each challenge based on player's preference for playing style
Heavily modified Unreal engine
Real-world locations
Advanced enemy and nonplayer-character artificial intelligence

ed2k:Deus.Ex.-.(CloneCD).rar ~ backreference ~ fakecheck

check sites for update patch

cheats:
Code: Select all
Edit user.ini in the deusex/system folder and change an empty key binding from (example...) 't=' to 't=talk' (do this for all occurances of 't='). In game, press T to make a line 'Say:' display at the bottom. Delete the word 'Say'. Always type on a blank line.

To activate cheat mode, type in "set DeusEx.JCDentonMale bCheatsEnabled True" (without the quotes) in the console. Now type any of the following codes:

ALLAUGS: All Basic Augmentations
ALLCREDITS: 10,000 Credits
ALLENERGY: Full Energy
ALLHEALTH: Full Health
ALLIMAGES: All Images
ALLSKILLPOINTS: Gives All Skill Points
ALLWEAPONS: Give All Weapons
GOD: God Mode
IAMWARREN: Turn On EMP Field
INVISIBLE: Invisibility
LEGEND: Secret Menu
OPENSESAME: Unlock Targeted Door
SPAWNMASS: Spawn A Mass Of Enemies
SUMMON X: Summon Item X (See List Below)
TANTALUS: Kill Current Target

Summon Objects

ACOUSTICSENSOR
AMMO10MM
AMMO3006
AMMODART
AMMODARTFLARE
AMMODARTPOISON
AMMONAPALM
AMMOPLASMA
AMMOROCKETS
AUGBALLISTIC
AUGCLOAK
AUGDATALINK
AUGEMP
AUGENVIRO
AUGIFF
AUGSHIELD
AUGSTEALTH
AUGTARGET
BASKETBALL
LOCKPICK
MULTITOOL
WEAPONASSAULTSHOTGUN
WEAPONFLAMETHROWER
WEAPONGASGRENADE
WEAPONLAM
WEAPONMODACCURACY
WEAPONMODCLIP
WEAPONMODLASER
WEAPONMODRANGE
WEAPONMODRECOIL
WEAPONMODSCOPE
WEAPONMODSILENCER
WEAPONPISTOL
WEAPONPLASMARIFLE
WEAPONPROD
WEAPONRIFLE
WEAPONSAWEDOFFSHOTGUN
WEAPONSHURIKEN
WEAPONSTEALTHPISTOL

software/guide if you need it; HOWTO.mount.and.burn.image.files.(bin,iso,ccd,etc)
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby John_Doe on Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:55 pm

was the sequel any good? never managed to get into it...
Ahh.. no offence, but you are a robot, aren't you?
John_Doe
The Ninth Passenger

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:03 pm

no, tbh i never really thought either deus ex game were especially groundbreaking as everyone else bummed them to be, i only created the thread when teh games section was almost empty to fill it out a bit. the game itself is shit
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:53 am

John_Doe wrote:was the sequel any good? never managed to get into it...

no, it was a huge, huge, huge dissapointment.

They blew off its knee caps early on by designing it for the xbox. The main appeal dues ex had was it took on what the pc is best at, dues ex 2 lost the large open levels, dumbed down the controls and story to boot.

Wasn't that bad, but its not that good.

The first game was groundbreaking. There were neither FPS that were adventure games nor the large levels or the engrossing storyline. It's sequel catered for the xbox and screwed itself big style.

Infact, if anyone thinks i'm making this stuff up about consoles ruining the pc games... by all means try it. Dues Ex 2 is the poster boy for this, I'm sure that you'll hear similar complaints if you can't be arsed playing on it but look at some reviews (and if the reviewer doesn't agree with me then you know he's a bedwetter :lol: ). Na, i'm sure they'll say the same... i was amazed to read exactly what i was thinking in PC Gamer, well not exactly thinking... i was shouting it at the monitor in dissapointment.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:07 am

Maybe the reason i didnt find deus ex as groudbreaking in the last is because i didnt play it til dues ex 2 came out and by that time games had beat it back to the stone age
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby John_Doe on Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:34 am

that's what I thought, spud. I played the sequel for only a very short while, but thought it was a huge let down, so I didn't bother continuing. I feared I might have missed out on something, thinking maybe it took some time to get into, and things got better after a while, but I guess not then.

The first one was awesome back in the day though. Loved all the multiple choises. It was the first game I played which felt truly non-linear. In fact... It might still be the only one.... at least which I can think of right now.
Ahh.. no offence, but you are a robot, aren't you?
John_Doe
The Ninth Passenger

Postby spudthedestroyer on Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:52 pm

I completed the sequel, it wasn't very good, but at that point in time, nor were any other games new out particularly good :(
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Return to Games