BioShock (2007) (PC) (DVD)

Weird and wonderful Sci-fi games. Mark clearly in brackets after which console it is for, if it is a pc game, do not bother.

Moderator: Misc Mods

BioShock (2007) (PC) (DVD)

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:43 am

BioShock.PROPER-LOLCATS

Homepage
ScreenShots

Minimum Requirements
CPU - Pentium 4 2.4GHz Single Core processor
System RAM - 1GB
Video Card - Direct X 9.0c compliant video card with 128MB RAM (NVIDIA 6600 or better/ATI X1300 or better, excluding ATI X1550).
Sound Card - 100% direct X 9.0c compatible sound card
Hard disc space - 8GB free space

Recommended Requirements
CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo processor
System RAM - 2GB
Video card - DX9 - Direct X 9.0c compliant video card with 512MB RAM (NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GT or better) / DX10 - NVIDIA GeForce 8600 or better
Sound Card - Sound Blaster X-Fi series (Optimized for use with Creative Labs EAX ADVANCED HD 4.0 or EAX ADVANCED HD 5.0 compatible sound cards)

ed2k: Bioshock.ONEHITWONDER.iso  [6.05 Gb] [Stats]
ed2k: Bioshock.ONEHITWONDER.nfo  [5.8 Kb] [Stats]
ed2k: Bioshock.Crack-ScenePwned.rar  [9.97 Mb] [Stats]

[ Add all 3 links to your ed2k client ]
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:48 am

I bought this one after playing the demo. IMO its well worth buying.

It took me a while to get into playing it, i found the interface a bit detatched (in a similar way to how i found oblivions interface/combat detached), however it didn't take me long to get into this... i think framerate might have been a factor there!

Its just playable at 1280x760 (or whatever the WS setting is) on a:
Athlon64 4000+
1GB RAM
Geforce 6800 GT
WinXP

But it does lag, and i do get big framedrops.

I've ordered a new pc now :)
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby Jynks on Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:13 am

yea i got the legit version of this game.. defiantly worth it... a bit to hardcore for my liking .. not exactly relaxing playing this after work :0

I am almost 100% sure that this is a nuke as well btw..... it is a proper iso, so you can get this and then get a proper patch after it released.. but i am 100% sure this like all the patches have bugs.. i think the bug in this one is that you can not load save games....

Civilization IV - Beyond the Sword... NOW THAT is a game
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:57 pm

civ iv is a game, a game that's not as good as Medieval 2: Total War.

civ 1 is better than civ 4.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby Jynks on Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:01 pm

"civ 1 is better than civ 4."

They are exactly the same but different gfx.

Nvr liked any of the total war series myself.. . to simple... the world map is fun but the fights are just move army here and kill... you loose like 5% of all the battles even on super hard.... In its defence i only played shogun and its expantions.. and only had a look at Rome and Medieval... just to see that they were basicly the same. Just new units, gfx and stuff.
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby spudthedestroyer on Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:11 pm

isometric vs top down; crap menus, crap graphics (yes you read that, imo civ wins in style).
I really think the first one is better, a lot better. Its like AoE 2 vs AoE 3, imo they broke the third, whilst the second remained better and still does to this day :)

In so far that I can play and love the first (even still, really, i had to dig it out and release it last year), but do not play anything beyond it. 2 was a disaster (a real mess), 3 i hated, 4 is slightly better but a pale shadow of the first. Shame really. My little brother likes the fourth though, but its a bit like Pirates! remake, pirates! is better than the remake imo once again. Maybe its a Sid thing? :lol:

I believe they are making a DS version, maybe i'll get into that more. I'd be happy if they just ported the first though.

On to total war:

Medieval 2 is an improved graphics engine, and AI bugfix plus a few new character types over Rome. It wasn't a 'revolution' like Rome: Total War was that overhauled and vastly improved pretty much everything, in so far that its really, really different to the earlier once and got a shit load of critical praise because of it. I play these games a lot because of how great they are as sandbox games. I do get numb to them, and give them a break but i can always get back in.

Unlike civ though, they are really a solid refinement so even though looking back i'd choose Rome as the best, the improvements and refinement in gameplay means i won't play it anymore because Medieval 2 has more fixes. It was criticised for not being as big an improvement though, and you can argue that historically you don't consider the time as interesting, both happen, but its pretty much a very solid refinement.

Rome is a vastly, vastly superior version to shogun though. Medieval 1 was more like shogun, but Rome was a complete overhaul. You should really look at it, it doesn't really play like shogun. In fact I never liked shogun total war and think its probably the worst in the franchise.

In related news, Empire: Total War just got announced:

They finally fixed the sea battle issue so they'll be in real time too. I want a multiplayer campaign though, sure the campaign map is turn based but civ did it for pete's sake.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby Jynks on Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:27 am

wow.. i have to say that looks awesome.
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby phz on Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:13 pm

so does this version of bioshock works properly then?

I think there is a better release that does not require internet or activation. here is the link:

ed2k:
ed2k: PC-BioShock.PROPER.rar  [6.10 Gb] [Stats]

torrent:
http://thepiratebay.org/tor/3791286/Bio ... ER-LOLCATS
phz
the Angry Klingon

Return to Games