Star Wars: Battlefront (2004) (PC)

Weird and wonderful Sci-fi games. Mark clearly in brackets after which console it is for, if it is a pc game, do not bother.

Moderator: Misc Mods

Star Wars: Battlefront (2004) (PC)

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sat Sep 25, 2004 2:05 pm

[quote="Lord_Anubis"]Image

[code] ᚚ ᚚ
ÜÜÜÜÜܲ�
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby Jynks on Sat Sep 25, 2004 11:45 pm

isn't this out on Xbox as well?
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby mw2merc on Sun Sep 26, 2004 9:04 am

On PS2 as well, but not GCube! Lucas bastards!!!
"I put the KILL, in SKILL!!!"
"faecs occurrere"
"Better you, than me!"
mw2merc
The Ninth Passenger

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sun Sep 26, 2004 10:01 am

Jynks, yeah, but who's stupid enough to play a FPS on a console over the PC :o ;) I hear it has major framerate problems on the console versions too.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby Bassline on Sun Sep 26, 2004 10:10 am

i have this one on Xbox but haven't played it much yet but it looked OK from the few mins i did play it :wacky:
I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Bassline
Modding the Machine

Postby d0c on Sun Sep 26, 2004 1:56 pm

this looks great :) *click*.... anyone tryed this one online with a generated key?
d0c
The Ninth Passenger

Postby John_Doe on Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:38 pm

screens anyone?
Ahh.. no offence, but you are a robot, aren't you?
John_Doe
The Ninth Passenger

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:45 pm

what's wrong with google you lazy rag-a-muffin? Just put your star wars extra disc from the dvd box set into your drive and watch the movie.... you don't own the dvds you say? tsk... tsk... and you call yourself a geek!

hxxp://www.lucasarts.com/games/swbattlefront/index.html
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby John_Doe on Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:07 am

Well I just think it aint propper to post a game without screens. Everyone screams for screens when a movie is posted, so why the hell not for games?

And about owning the SW dvd's... Those I would never pay for. I can understand that they are very well made, and has a kind of good story (or at least somethign which appeal to many), but all in all they are way to traditionally light entertainment for my taste. Good guys sucks, and I just cannot stand a happy ending. BLAH. All the movies should have been much more sinister, dark, nihilistic and depressing. They could at least have had a hero with a drinking problem! Perhaps with a history of women beating? The end should've had Skywalker taking the place of Nicolas Cage in 'Leving Las Vegas' and just die alone in a dirty motel room.

If it anit dark, then the only thing that could've saved them would be alot of humor, like Indiana Jones.

Now they go into the 'Just another sci-fi/action/adventure' genre IMO.
Ahh.. no offence, but you are a robot, aren't you?
John_Doe
The Ninth Passenger

Postby mw2merc on Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:03 am

I agree on SS for games as well. I wouldn't buy the DVDs either.
"faecs occurrere"
"Better you, than me!"
mw2merc
The Ninth Passenger

Postby spudthedestroyer on Mon Sep 27, 2004 10:33 pm

well SS are unrepresentative of how it will look given your pc specs, so are kinda pointless to represent the product. Homepages are crammed full of them so its easier to just visit them ;)

Unless you mean as a kind of "this is what the game is about" way?

oh and shame on you john_doe, how dare you sir! :mrgreen:

They could at least have had a hero with a drinking problem!

Obi-Wan is seen in a bar/with a drink in every film so far, normally followed shortly after by a fight ;)
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby mw2merc on Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:44 pm

spudthedestroyer wrote:Obi-Wan is seen in a bar/with a drink in every film so far, normally followed shortly after by a fight ;)

Really? I missed that in Empire Strike Back & Return of the Jedi. Please, tell us where you saw that?

I don't remeber that in Phantom Menace either, but it's not like I've watched SW movies time & time again as most my family & friends think. I do remember him in a bar in both A New Hope & Attack of the Clones, but no drink in AotC.

Then again, there's always this version of the game:
"faecs occurrere"
"Better you, than me!"
mw2merc
The Ninth Passenger

Postby Blade Runner on Wed Sep 29, 2004 3:07 pm

I cant get my gamepad to work with this, if i cant sort it out, I'm dumping the game
Blade Runner
Modding the Machine

Postby d0c on Wed Sep 29, 2004 3:41 pm

Blade Runner wrote:I cant get my gamepad to work with this, if i cant sort it out, I'm dumping the game

go hunt in the forums of the --> hxxp://www.lucasarts.com/games/swbattlefront/index.html

there is alot of help there...
d0c
The Ninth Passenger

Postby spudthedestroyer on Wed Sep 29, 2004 3:50 pm

Really? I missed that in Empire Strike Back & Return of the Jedi. Please, tell us where you saw that?

errr.. you are aware he is stone cold DEAD right? ;) You can't drink when your dead so that's not fair. He has a scrap in bars in the first and ep2, phantom well...

I don't remeber that in Phantom Menace either,

He's drinking in the background when Qui-Gon is talking to anakin I *think* (I too haven't watched this one for ages)... but then again, he's out of it for ages in phantom, you think he really stayed at the ship or went for a swift pint when Qui-Gon buggered off? I think you know the answer :lol:

ps. I was joking btw ;) They are kids films so they don't have drug addicts (dealers though apparantly :o ) and what have you, just thought it was amusing that obi scraps in the bars :mrgreen:

@blade.... wait you actually cripple the games accuracy by using a control pad :o The reason why pc games are better is keyboard and mouse (bar racing)... wow, I didn't know people actually preferred to use gamepads.

Anyways, there is an issue with gamepads and mice. I had to uninstall my 'software' (its a mod, that can trick any device to respond as a joystick recognised by windows) parralel joystick as it was incorrectly calabrated. However, if you have a pad that appears in windows then it should work, since it uses the windows joypad dealie to get the attatched devices.

Alternatively (and highly recommended anyway), google for a program called "JoyToKey", it allows you to map keys to a pad. Always helpful for games that don't natively support pads. I use it a lot to get better support for the mouse, infact you can map mouse movements and keys, so I you can get better gamepad support in games like GTA: VC (although its better with a mouse and keyboard to be honest).

However, I would return to my initial shock, this is a FPS... using a pad is a weird choice :)

On the screenshot thing, yes it might be a nice inclusion I guess. Not really as a representation of how it will look but of how it will play. I'll include at the very least a link to the official homepage next time (ps. hotlinking screens to lucasarts = big no no ;) )
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby mw2merc on Wed Sep 29, 2004 8:03 pm

spudthedestroyer wrote:errr.. you are aware he is stone cold DEAD right? ;) You can't drink when your dead so that's not fair.

That was the sarcastic point. :twisted:

spudthedestroyer wrote:@blade.... wait you actually cripple the games accuracy by using a control pad :o The reason why pc games are better is keyboard and mouse (bar racing)... wow, I didn't know people actually preferred to use gamepads.

The only games I specifically set up w/ my gamepad were FF7 & 8. FPS games are 1 Million times better on a PC cause of accuracy.

spudthedestroyer wrote:Anyways, there is an issue with gamepads and mice. I had to uninstall my 'software' (its a mod, that can trick any device to respond as a joystick recognised by windows) parralel joystick as it was incorrectly calabrated. However, if you have a pad that appears in windows then it should work, since it uses the windows joypad dealie to get the attatched devices.

I never had any issues. I had my MS GamePad & MS FlightStick Pro attached @ the same time & could toggle between the 2, and I could also program the buttons & hats to whatever I liked. Biggest reason to go MS for me, else I'd go Logitech.

spudthedestroyer wrote:On the screenshot thing, yes it might be a nice inclusion I guess. Not really as a representation of how it will look but of how it will play. I'll include at the very least a link to the official homepage next time (ps. hotlinking screens to lucasarts = big no no ;) )

Yes, I agree SS for games are a great idea. What about linking to one of the game sites, like PC Gaming, GameSpy, GameSpot, & the like?

I understand that linking to LA would attract unwanted attention.
"faecs occurrere"
"Better you, than me!"
mw2merc
The Ninth Passenger

Postby spudthedestroyer on Wed Sep 29, 2004 9:18 pm

That was the sarcastic point.

/me hits his head on the keyboard

My bad... I don't do sarcasm well :D
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby Blade Runner on Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:01 am

I've dumped it, not my kinda game really. I just cant get to grips with this game, the lack of control is annoying
Blade Runner
Modding the Machine

Postby spudthedestroyer on Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:25 pm

lol... wait you say that because your using a pad? That's what pads do! Did I mention this was a FPS btw? :lol: You should go for the stripped down console version if you need to use a pad btw, those version will be designed for the pad... but don't winge, when some pc newbie comes on and devastes you on xbox:live (actually can you play against pc? I guess not, since the accuracy of keyboard and mouse will make it very one sided battling.... I bet it would be funny to watch all the sluggish console users trying to keep up though :lol: )

Controls are identical to Battlefield 1942 for anyone who's read that comment and is wondering. Very accurate and responsive with a mouse and keyboard, except in crafts, but thats the whole point of them and is purposely done to make sure it isn't too easy :)

I haven't played it that much this week because of uni, but definitely a fun LAN game too! My biggest complaint is the lack of settings for these games (ie. ticker amount, team balance, etc.) hopefully that will be addressed with a patch
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Return to Games