Terence Mckenna - Food of The Gods (1992)

A forum for releases that don't fit into to any other category. Post your sci-fi ebooks, soundtracks or any of sci-fi related links here!

Moderator: Misc Mods

Postby <insert> on Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:05 pm

[Terence McKenna @ Erowid]
[Terence McKenna @ Wikipedia]
[Terence McKenna @ Deoxy.org]
[Terence McKenna @ Fusion Anomaly]

Food of the Gods : The Search for the Original Tree of Knowledge : A Radical History of Plants, Drugs, and Human Evolution - by Terence McKenna. Terence McKenna is the guru of botanical psychoactives. His shamanic approach to plants and human consciousness enhances our connection to the world beyond the five senses. This book delves into the ongoing relationship between man and psychoactive mushrooms. If you're into expanding your awareness via plants this will help put it all in context.

ed2k: Terence.Mckenna.-.Food.of.The.Gods[www.erowid.org].zip  [1.88 Mb] [Stats]

"extras"
ed2k: Terence.Mckenna.-.The.Purpose.of.Psychedelics.(2.Minutes).mpg  [19.68 Mb] [Stats]
ed2k: Terence.Mckenna.-.Psychedelics.are.Illegal.because.mp3  [323.9 Kb] [Stats]

[ Add all 3 links to your ed2k client ]
<insert>
The Ninth Passenger

Postby Jynks on Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:28 am

great stuff
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby John_Doe on Fri Jun 24, 2005 3:50 am

I'm thinking about buying this and reading it. Never could stand e-books..
Ahh.. no offence, but you are a robot, aren't you?
John_Doe
The Ninth Passenger

Postby spudthedestroyer on Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:44 am

John_Doe wrote:I'm thinking about buying this and reading it. Never could stand e-books..

they are a lot more manageable on a ppc, but on a pc i agree with you, I find it harder to read anything that isn't marked up and presented well (websites are better than pdf for example).
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby <insert> on Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:17 pm

yes agreed, I prefer the actual paper book too and also prefer html format for any ebooks.
I do read some on the 'puter but it's not quite the same. :( also this electronic copy is missing the glossary IIRC

This is worth buying, I have several of his books but this is proberly the best starting point for Terence McKenna stuff.

I'm glad this got you interested (thats the idea)
If you are low on cash try your local library, most will have a request list if they don't have it.

while you are at it I can recommend these too
The Cosmic Serpent
Psychedelic Shamanism

and Ayahuasca Analogues has a scientific comparision of replacement ingredients - I'll save you the read: the best choice seems to be Phalaris Grass + Syrian Rue or google the word Pharmahuasca for more info

:beerchug:
Slowly Building the Subterranean Internet Movie Database

News Feeds for my Lastest Finds: >> [ed2k] [BT] [NZB]
HOWTO's: rss > bt > ed2k > usenet

<insert>
The Ninth Passenger

Return to Misc / Other Releases