Which fan edit shall I rip next?

If you have something you think people might be interested in, post here and see if there's any interest.

Moderator: Movie Mods

Which fan edit shall I rip next?

Postby FPiX on Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:19 pm

A while ago I became interested in fan edits such as The Phantom Edit and Matrix DeZionized. If you check out fanedit.org or originaltrilogy.com there are hundred of these fanmade DVDs available, but they are usually released either as torrents (which become unseeded after a while) or on rapidshare (which is just a nightmare IMO).

I have collected a few of these DVDs, and I decided to make them available on the eD2k network as compressed Xvid files (FPiX stands for "Fan Projects in Xvid"). Hopefully if they spread then the links will be more longterm than torrents.

Anyway, here's the list of discs I've got. If anyone is interested in anything, let me know and I'll rip it next.

Also a couple of these are non-scifi. If anyone could suggest a site which might be interested in links to non-scfi fan edits then post in this thread. Thanks.

"Building Empire" by Jambe Davdar - already done, click here
An unofficial commentary to The Empire Strikes Back. It contains video clips, audio from cast and crew, alternate angles, reconstructed scenes, and is subtitled with facts and insights into the development and creation of the film.

"The Matrix Dezionized" by The CBB Group - click here
This combines Matrix Reloaded and Matrix Revolutions to one improved movie, leaving out all scenes on and about Zion. A worthy sequel to a masterpiece.
(Not my rip - already widespread on the ed2k network)

"Pearl Harbor: Strength And Honor Edit" by ADigitalMan
In this fan edit, the romantic love triangle has been completely removed. This is now a kinetic war movie that focuses entirely on the lead-up and attack on Pearl Harbor and the Doolittle Raid on Tokyo.

"Returning to Jedi" by Jambe Davdar - already done, click here
A documentary on Return of the Jedi, that mixes the movie itself with rare behind-the-scenes footage, text factoids, interesting bits from commentaries and interviews, and more.

"Star Wars: Deleted Magic" by Garret Gilchrist - already done, click here
Deleted Magic is a feature-length documentary about the deleted scenes of Star Wars, and about how the movie we know and love was made and edited together.

"Star Wars: Episode I - A Vergence in the Force" fan edit by ADigitalMan
Fan edit of The Phantom Menace with Jar-Jar's slapstick and Anakin's childishness largely removed and deleted scenes restored or partially restored. A film has been crafted that finds the good in George Lucas' elaborate backstory without betraying his overall vision.

"Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (Darth Editous Edition)" - click here
A fan edit by Darth Editous, based on the 2004 DVD version of the film. The Special Edition scenes have been removed, and dozens of minor edits have been carried out to remove bloopers/goofs and improve on the special effects.
(Not my rip - got this off demonoid)

"The Story of Star Wars" by MoveAlong
This project uses audio from The Story of Star Wars vinyl LP synched up to a variety of video sources to create a unique edit. It's Star Wars with a runtime of 51 minutes that is very enjoyable to watch.

"Superman Returns" fan edit by ADigitalMan
This edit rearranges scenes, leaves out weak moments and adds in some deleted character development, making for a tighter story that now moves crisply and compellingly.

"The Thief and the Cobbler: Recobbled Director's Cut" by Garret Gilchrist
An unofficial restoration of the rarely-seen animated classic The Thief and the Cobbler, created by Richard Williams (animation director of Who Framed Roger Rabbit). After over two decades of work, the film was taken away from Williams when he couldn't meet his deadline. It was eventually bought by Disney, recut and destroyed and has never been seen the way it was intended. Based on Williams' original workprint, missing scenes have been added using storyboards and unfinished animation to restored this lost classic back to it's true form.

"Star Wars (Telecine of Original Theatrical Version)" by Moth3r - click here
This is a rip from a rare bootleg VHS telecine, featuring Star Wars in widescreen with the original 1977 title crawl, before Episode IV - A New Hope was added, and the original soundtrack. Quality is rather poor, but it's still a must-have for masochistic Star Wars fans. (The "original theatrical version" released on DVD in 2006 actually had a remixed soundtrack.)
(Not my rip - got this off demonoid)

"Star Wars (Telecine of Super-8 Highlight Reel Version)" by Puggo
and
"The Empire Srikes Back (Telecine of Super-8 Highlight Reel Version)" by Puggo
Before VHS and Betamax, people used to watch real films in their homes! These versions feature a 4:3 picture and mono sound, with authentic film grain, scratches and dirt. The movies are presented in unique shortened edits to cut the running time down to fit onto two Super-8 volumes.

"Star Wars Holiday Special"
Can't remember who made the DVD I have, but I know it's supposed to be one of the better quality captures. I know there's other rips of this out there, but I thought I might do a 2-CD rip of this just to see how it looks.
FPiX
Having trouble with tribbles

Postby spudthedestroyer on Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:27 pm

wow, got yourself quite a collection there.

"The Empire Srikes Back (Telecine of Super-8 Highlight Reel Version)" by Puggo

Now i'd be interested in seeing this one. :)

If anyone could suggest a site which might be interested in links to non-scfi fan edits then post in this thread.

Do you have any horror movie edits? :)
http://forum.dead-donkey.com

The other site would probably be fileheaven.org but they are closed door. :(
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby FPiX on Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:00 am

I can certainly rip the Puggo super-8 telecines next. Watch this space.

Horror films: I have an HD-to-DVD conversion of The Monster Squad, but someone already posted a HD-to-Xvid so it's not worth me ripping the DVD. I was also interested in "Halloween: Hell and Horror in Haddonfield" which is Halloween I and II edited into a single movie, but I think the torrent is now dead.
FPiX

Postby Jynks on Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:26 am

"The Story of Star Wars" by MoveAlong
This project uses audio from The Story of Star Wars vinyl LP synched up to a variety of video sources to create a unique edit. It's Star Wars with a runtime of 51 minutes that is very enjoyable to watch.

This sounds interesting. I have the LP and would be curious to see how they put it to images.

I also ahve a few fan edits..

aliens 2 (1/2 directors cut) - pretty muhc the same as aliens 2 directors cut but with hardly any chnages untill they land on the planet. No shots of the town before disaster, no crying heros over lost kids

spiderman 2 (just the good shit cut) - spiderman 2 with almost everything with mary jane and grandma cut out... no wedding dress running though the streets.... just spidy and doc oc.
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby FPiX on Wed May 30, 2007 11:40 am

The "Puggo Editions" are now posted:
viewtopic.php?t=3324
FPiX

Return to Anyone interested in...