What was that movie? (huge rat-like beast, exterminator...)

Request sci-fi movies of any quality or format here. Only put movie title and year in the topic title, any additional info goes in the message body. No horror.

Moderator: Movie Mods

What was that movie? (huge rat-like beast, exterminator...)

Postby MyK on Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:26 am

Hi y'all! I just watched Willard and remembered some movie that I can't find its title w/ IMDB power search. I'll do the best that I can and try to describe it so perhaps one of you remembers it...

The story is something like there's a company, a lot of heavy machinery (old stuff, lots of steam and such), perhaps set in mid 20th century or in the small countryside town and something strange is happening in the basement. Don't know if I remember it correctly but I think there are people starting to go missing or just some strange noises from below (?) and these guys are called in (some exterminators or something - or it was one guy only?). I think it was some familiar face(s), perhaps some black dude (or more of them) like Morgan Freeman, Ice-T,... someone well known. There was also some cutie, perhaps also a familiar TV/movie face? Anyway, there were scenes mostly shot in the basement of that company (large walkways with old wooden walls, creepy old metal elevators, I think the basement was connected with underground passage to the sewers or even catacombs (?) and there was this huge (and to some extent intelligent) rat-like monster that was hard to find and hard to deal with eventually. It was shot in color, genre something in the lines of Action / Horror / Sci-Fi (not sure for that Sci-Fi, though), possibly straight to video release, watched it on TV some 3-5 years ago and it should be around 5-15 years old movie. Oh, and it was in English, of course.

That's what I can remember and even this is not reliable info. It's not Tara (2001, Video). It wasn't nearly as bad as that one :lol: It'll be fun to look back at what I remembered wrong and what tricks played my mind on my memory once someone remembers it :D Thanks in advance!
"The products suck! There's no sex in them anymore!" (Steve Jobs)
MyK
The Ninth Passenger

Postby mxyzptlk on Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:49 am

stephen kings Graveyard Shift perhaps

kill feed repeat
mxyzptlk
The Ninth Passenger

Postby MyK on Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:21 pm

Hmmm, donno. It might be - the story seems to be the right one - although as far as I remember the movie wasn't nearly as bad as some of its reviewers would have you believe. Is there any other movie shot that's based on this S.K.'s short story? Thanks for your reply mxyzptlk, I'm DLing it now and will let you know if you got it right:

ed2k: Stephen.Kings.GraveYard.Shift.1990.DvDRip.DivX-QiX.avi  [695.84 Mb] [Stats]

IMDB

It has a huge rat-like monster in it thats quite obviously not something you'd come across in real life. So why isn't this movie listed as a Sci-Fi or at least Fiction (and Action) on IMDB, beats me :? No wonder I didn't find it. I'm swapping my IMDB shortcuts for Google right now... Google->Movie:mutant rat monster and - voila - there it is, just after the "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze (1991)" :lol:
MyK
The Ninth Passenger

Postby spudthedestroyer on Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:48 pm

1. its imdb 2. its pretty much a straight horror, giant rats or not :)
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby MyK on Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:08 pm

Just checked it and it's the one, thanks mxyzptlk :D You were also right Spud, it's horror not sci-fi hehe, it's funny how my mind played a trick on me... it's not the only thing I got wrong- No black exterminator dudes in it and that walkways are mine shafts :roll: That "intelligent" rat-like monster is more like a mozzarella cake, also :lol: Still, google serves me way better than IMDB has for now. Great stuff this query modifiers, although many are not even documented... like you can directly type in "movie:...." and it'll redirect you to search results in movie reviews. Thanks for all the help, appreciate it a lot!!!
:beerchug:
MyK
The Ninth Passenger

Return to Movie Requests