A childhood movie I would like to find

Request sci-fi movies of any quality or format here. Only put movie title and year in the topic title, any additional info goes in the message body. No horror.

Moderator: Movie Mods

A childhood movie I would like to find

Postby Insectoid on Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:26 am

I cant rember the title of the movie and i am not sure i even knew it ever cause i watched that movie soo long ago when i was very young. It frightend me than a lot but i never saw it again and all that is left of that movie is few scenes.

The movie is in future on some starnge planet. A gourp of people come to that planet and invetsigate it or search for something inside of town like structures. Its a horror scifi movie. The point of whole that planet is to materialise peoples fears and to kill them by it. I know only few key scenes i hope it will be enugh to somebody recognise it.

There is one guy with some big cristal shoorikens and there is a scene where those shoorikens breaks and one part of it come into his left arm and start to crowl under skin towards his heart and he cut his whole arm with the other shooriken. And he adored those weapons that in the end killed him.

There is a next scene with some girl who got lost from others and gets raped by giant wormlike creature. The girl get naked in scene and i remebered that scene very well as a boy ;).

Than there is a person that gets killed by some monster that crowls on the down side of some strange floating-in-dark bridge.

The film is probabaly from '80s or maybe late '70 according to my memory of picture and effect quality. Film is probably great trash but i would really like to find it and watch it again since that was my wish form the first and last time i`ve seen it.

I can remember some more scenes but i dont think they can be more helpfull since they get marginal and short.

I am not sure if you can help me but I just though that if bunch of scifi geeks (and i mean that in the best posssible way :)) cant help me than noone can. If you cant help me with name at least maybe you can tell me how and where to search for it. Thankfull in advanced.

:D
Insectoid
Red Shirted Trekker

Postby mxyzptlk on Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:54 am

galaxy of terror

good movie with Robert Englund

kill feed repeat
mxyzptlk
The Ninth Passenger

Postby Insectoid on Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:05 am

OMG! Thanks man! I didnt hope somebody would figure it out what is that movie. You have virtual beer from me. Cheers! :beerchug: :D :D
Insectoid
Red Shirted Trekker

Postby mxyzptlk on Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:13 am

it's one of my alltime favs :wink:

kill feed repeat
mxyzptlk
The Ninth Passenger

Postby Insectoid on Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:33 pm

I hope you can help me find one more movie that I saw as a child.

The plot is here on Earth I think. There are bunch of mutants that roam desert and a group of people in a underground shelter. The mutants want to capture the women so they can breed with them. They show a mutated spermatozoid in one scene. One woman from that shelter has been raped and I think that her baby gets out and grow quickly (or maybe just one mutant get in from outside I cannot remeber, but there is most certain that mutant pregnant woman). There is some fighting in that underground shelter and in the end they lure all mutants in shelter and blow it up. One more thing I remember is that mutants are sensitive to high noise like from dog whistle.

Hope you can help me. :)

P.S. I finally found and downloading Galaxy of terror and I`ll try to post it here later.
Insectoid
Red Shirted Trekker

Postby Jynks on Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:46 am

I remember is that mutants are sensitive to high noise like from dog whistle.

A boy and his dog
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby Insectoid on Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:04 pm

I presume this was a joke though I tried to find it on IMDB and ofc failed. :(
Insectoid
Red Shirted Trekker

Postby Truba on Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:20 pm

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0072730/
great movie with good ending :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Woe be unto him who opens one of the seven gateways to hell, because through that gateway evil will invade the world.
Truba
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby Insectoid on Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:16 pm

No, no. I meant I did find this movie "A boy and his dog" but it is most certainly not the movie I was looking for though i will download it and watch it.
Insectoid
Red Shirted Trekker

Postby Truba on Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:17 pm

looks like it for sure :oops:
Woe be unto him who opens one of the seven gateways to hell, because through that gateway evil will invade the world.
Truba
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby Gem]n[ on Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:36 am

It definately isn't A Boy & His Dog from the description he gave ....

Did you find this movie Insectoid? ...
Gem]n[
Owns a Genesis Device

Re: A childhood movie I would like to find

Postby Insectoid on Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:55 pm

Unfortunately i didnt find that mutant movie. :(

But now I have one more request.

Its anitutopia movie. The society is oppressed by government and no old classic books are allowed (and similar stuff from which ppl can get free ideas). Everyone has to wear some headbands for some reason and they must not take them off. One guy figures out somehow that all that is a lie and barricade himself in radio station and starts to broadcast program where he explains that all that is a lie and to read old books to people and speaks about arts and stuff. After few hours police gets in and arrest him (or kill him, dont remember). Listening to his broadcast is forbidden but in the last scene of the movie two boys sits in their room and listen to tape record (or gramophone, not sure) with his speech and they took theirs headbands off. Their mother are watching them through the door and has a smile on her face, meaning "there is hope".

Thats unfortunately all I remember. Movie is from '80 or '70, in color. Whole movie has same atmosphere like 1984. or Fahrenheit 451. I was unable to find it on IMDB or entering key words in Google.

Does anyone know what is that movie?
Insectoid
Red Shirted Trekker

Return to Movie Requests