Desperately looking for an old movie ...

Request sci-fi movies of any quality or format here. Only put movie title and year in the topic title, any additional info goes in the message body. No horror.

Moderator: Movie Mods

Desperately looking for an old movie ...

Postby fritzone on Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:32 am

Hi all,

Please allow me to ask for your help in finding out the title of a movie ...

Some time ago I saw the beginning of this movie, unfortunately I missed its title, and the rest of it, since I had to run somewhere away from the TV :(

I'd really like to see the whole movie, so I'm asking your help to find out what this movie was.

Ok, now the details:

It's played in some post-apocalyptic environment, (and noticeably it looked like a desert, since it was quite brown/red, and lots of sand ...) in a camp with lots of big trucks (?) , and some guys find a shiny/glowing "ball" (??) (or better a globe) at some water spring in a cave ... (maybe the "ball" could fly too... I'm not really remembering this exactly ...) ... and these guys are hiding the ball in some rugs ...

... and at this moment I had to leave, so unfortunately I missed the whole movie.

If you know/have seen this movie please let me know its title, I'm really eager to see it some time.

Thanks for your help
f
fritzone
Red Shirted Trekker

Postby mxyzptlk on Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:58 pm

check out Digitalgod's post nuclear movies here on the forum, its there; I recently saw it but can't remember the name

movie has something to do with a rollerskate/basketball like game or something (If I'm correct)

kill feed repeat
mxyzptlk
The Ninth Passenger

Postby mxyzptlk on Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:09 pm

just remembered: Solarbabies

viewtopic.php?t=3153&highlight=

kill feed repeat
mxyzptlk
The Ninth Passenger

Postby fritzone on Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:33 pm

Thanks a lot, it seems to be Solarbabies (1986) ... Now I'll run and get it somewhere :)
fritzone
Red Shirted Trekker

Postby fritzone on Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:50 pm

... :( obviously I wrote my post before reading your last addition :) Thanks a lot for helping ...
fritzone
Red Shirted Trekker

Return to Movie Requests