The Highwayman (1987 and 1988)

Request a sci-fi series here.

Moderator: Misc Mods

The Highwayman (1987 and 1988)

Postby El Mariachi on Sat Sep 11, 2004 4:10 pm

There was a TV Pilot from 1987 and a bunch of series from 1988

I always thought it was a cool show, too bad they cancelled it.

tv pilot http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt0093189/
tv series http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt0094479/

"Series starring a big high-tech 18-wheeler. The driver, the title's 'Highwayman' was one of a team of federal marshals empowered to right wrongs "where ordinary laws do not reach" - and to haul special cargo. The truck was heavily armed, and had a cab that turned into a helicopter for quick escapes."
"Spectacular stunt my friends, but all for not... turn around please, what a pity what a pity." - gay officer in Spaceballs
"It has zombies in it, how can you not give a crap?" - Spud
El Mariachi
The Ninth Passenger

Postby Bassline on Sat Sep 11, 2004 5:10 pm

ah yes! i remember watching this late at night on ITV quite a few years ago,from what i remember it was pretty good and certainly cheesey enough to validate a request from me aswell :beerchug:

After checking out IMDB also spotted it was Sam J Jones who was the main lead...he of Flash Gordon fame...go flash go :mrgreen:
I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Bassline
Modding the Machine

Postby Bassline on Sat Sep 11, 2004 5:17 pm

It also had Jane Badler of "V" fame!...oh my we gotta try to find these somewhere :D
I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Bassline
Modding the Machine

Postby mw2merc on Sun Sep 12, 2004 6:29 am

I have the movie on VHS. I need to check the DVDs a friend made me as this was one of the vids I wanted put on DVD. :mrgreen:
"I put the KILL, in SKILL!!!"
"faecs occurrere"
"Better you, than me!"
mw2merc
The Ninth Passenger

Postby Bassline on Sun Sep 12, 2004 8:37 am

cool 8)
Bassline
Modding the Machine

Postby El Mariachi on Sun Sep 12, 2004 12:31 pm

mw2merc wrote:I have the movie on VHS. I need to check the DVDs a friend made me as this was one of the vids I wanted put on DVD. :mrgreen:

:o

take your time, when you are ready, release this one and I will bow down to you.

or something :beerchug:
"Spectacular stunt my friends, but all for not... turn around please, what a pity what a pity." - gay officer in Spaceballs
El Mariachi
The Ninth Passenger

Postby El Mariachi on Wed Sep 29, 2004 3:10 pm

El Mariachi wrote:
mw2merc wrote:I have the movie on VHS. I need to check the DVDs a friend made me as this was one of the vids I wanted put on DVD. :mrgreen:

:o

take your time, when you are ready, release this one and I will bow down to you.

or something :beerchug:

hurry up :D
El Mariachi
The Ninth Passenger

Postby mw2merc on Wed Sep 29, 2004 9:05 pm

OK, good news & bad news.

Good news: I found it, repeat, I've found it. :twisted:

Bad news: It's just my VHS copy w/ a post it that says 'To DVD' still. No DVD. :evil:

That & my current lack of a good machine to cap shit. As soon as I can afford a new HDD, I can set up a capping/video editing machine. It supports IDE RAID, so I may get 2 smaller drives & go RAID. It's not much, but it'll still be workable. It'll be a PIII Duel 1Gig. Haven't yet decided on a vid card, may buy a new one. I've been tempted on getting an Ext HDD that has LAN built in. One I've been looking at is only 120Gig, but it comes w/ a USB print server too. So then all my comps can use it, even the 98 boxes.

I want a couple suggestions on programs to cap w/ that peeps have used successfully w/ little configuring>good results. Anyways, till my check 2+ weeks from now comes in ...
"faecs occurrere"
"Better you, than me!"
mw2merc
The Ninth Passenger

Postby El Mariachi on Fri Oct 08, 2004 7:55 am

mw2merc wrote:OK, good news & bad news.

Good news: I found it, repeat, I've found it. :twisted:

Bad news: It's just my VHS copy w/ a post it that says 'To DVD' still. No DVD. :evil:

That & my current lack of a good machine to cap shit. As soon as I can afford a new HDD, I can set up a capping/video editing machine. It supports IDE RAID, so I may get 2 smaller drives & go RAID. It's not much, but it'll still be workable. It'll be a PIII Duel 1Gig. Haven't yet decided on a vid card, may buy a new one. I've been tempted on getting an Ext HDD that has LAN built in. One I've been looking at is only 120Gig, but it comes w/ a USB print server too. So then all my comps can use it, even the 98 boxes.

I want a couple suggestions on programs to cap w/ that peeps have used successfully w/ little configuring>good results. Anyways, till my check 2+ weeks from now comes in ...

well depends if you like(d) my caps, if so, I can help you.
El Mariachi
The Ninth Passenger

Postby mw2merc on Sat Oct 09, 2004 8:26 am

Actually, I have a friend who's gonna cap a VHS of mine to DVD. If that turns out good, I'll ask him to do my HwyMan VHS. He's been using the MSI VOX External USB 2.0 w/ great success capping cable TV.
"faecs occurrere"
"Better you, than me!"
mw2merc
The Ninth Passenger

Postby El Mariachi on Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:42 pm

hows progress?
El Mariachi
The Ninth Passenger

Postby mw2merc on Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:58 pm

I've been doing alot of house cleaning these last 2 weeks & came across a spare VCR. My editing machine is upstairs & I'm gonna connect them & give it a try. I know in my old system I could cap @ SVCD, but I'll try higher & do some tests. Expect a reply this weekend some time.
"faecs occurrere"
"Better you, than me!"
mw2merc
The Ninth Passenger

Postby El Mariachi on Fri Dec 10, 2004 5:01 pm

mw2merc wrote:I've been doing alot of house cleaning these last 2 weeks & came across a spare VCR. My editing machine is upstairs & I'm gonna connect them & give it a try. I know in my old system I could cap @ SVCD, but I'll try higher & do some tests. Expect a reply this weekend some time.

thanks mate.
El Mariachi
The Ninth Passenger

Postby Bassline on Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:25 pm

mw2merc wrote:I've been doing alot of house cleaning these last 2 weeks & came across a spare VCR. My editing machine is upstairs & I'm gonna connect them & give it a try. I know in my old system I could cap @ SVCD, but I'll try higher & do some tests. Expect a reply this weekend some time.

aherm....remember this? :wink:

i spotted on ebay someone has capped every episode but one and the 2hr pilot onto 6 DVD's.....might get it if i wanna spend some cash :wacky:
Bassline
Modding the Machine

Postby El Mariachi on Fri Jan 21, 2005 8:22 am

Bassline wrote:

aherm....remember this? :wink:

i spotted on ebay someone has capped every episode but one and the 2hr pilot onto 6 DVD's.....might get it if i wanna spend some cash :wacky:

oh im gonna check it out then. ebay you say :)
El Mariachi
The Ninth Passenger

Postby Bassline on Fri Jan 21, 2005 4:48 pm

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 6361343662

but the item was only 28quid before...now the cheeky bastard relisted it and raised the price :o

f*%^ that,i'm not paying that much....might wait and see if the twat reduces the price next time he relists it :wacky:
Bassline
Modding the Machine

Postby El Mariachi on Sun Jan 30, 2005 2:39 pm

In France they call it Police 2000, so there might be worth a look for that title on ed2k

http://www.series-80.net/?page=serie&idst=31&id=31

And here some pics of both trucks

http://www.scifi2k.com/highwayman.html

And it has Tuvok (ST: Voyager) too + more pics and a description of the show

http://www.timrusstribute.com/Highwayman.htm
El Mariachi
The Ninth Passenger

Postby El Mariachi on Sat Mar 05, 2005 3:34 pm

If the price was below 20 dollar I would buy it.

And other than that, we have no idea about the VHS quality
El Mariachi
The Ninth Passenger

Postby Bassline on Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:18 pm

i finally got this show....ALL episodes and pilot :mrgreen:
Bassline
Modding the Machine

Postby El Mariachi on Wed Apr 20, 2005 5:54 pm

Bassline wrote:i finally got this show....ALL episodes and pilot :mrgreen:

*bows down to Bassline*

:D
El Mariachi
The Ninth Passenger

Next

Return to Series Requests