Xtro.II.-The.Second.Encounter(1990).avi

Request reshares. Just put the filename in the subject, and the hash in the message body

Moderator: Movie Mods

Xtro.II.-The.Second.Encounter(1990).avi

Postby karstmobile on Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:20 pm

Anybody have this one to reshare?

ed2k: Xtro.II.-The.Second.Encounter(1990).avi  [675.86 Mb] [Stats]
karstmobile
the Angry Klingon

Location: Outside of the Discovery One waiting for HAL to open the damn pod bay doors...

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:00 pm

I'll have a check to see if i've got it karst, but my collection hasn't been organised for about 150DVDrs of 6 movies a pop so i don't know if i'll be able to find it if i have it.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby Jynks on Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:58 pm

I use whereisit to orginise all my dvdrs. Simple easy to use and you can set up catagories (eg: - scifi/timetrvel, scifi/space, scifi/computers robots and vr, horror/wierd freaks, etc etc etc) I find it a hell of a lot easyer to use than some of the other database apps, this one is simple nothing fancy but dose the job.

The trick is to just start. Nothing is more of a hassle than the initial setup of a database. Scanning all those disks would sux. But once you get it started just scan them as you burn them.
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:30 pm

I already got a db with thousands of movies in with EMM, its just not enough time to add more.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby karstmobile on Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:18 am

Thanks spud, but as Geezus reported on HHAH a full source might not exist. Since the missing chunks are well spaced, might be worth a watch as is.

I started a simple access db file a long time ago for all my files. I also burn a gspot .txt file with ed2k link included with every file. Works well, and not too time consuming, although I would like a more complete db with covers, specs, etc all included, just not interested in spending the time to do it.
karstmobile
the Angry Klingon

Location: Outside of the Discovery One waiting for HAL to open the damn pod bay doors...

Postby Jynks on Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:28 am

I do not like extream movie manager.. seams to be just way to complicated. Like most apps that grow out of freeware they load em up with all these features untill it is just way to heavy. I like simply streamlined apps.
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby spudthedestroyer on Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:47 pm

yeah but i actively reshare files and they have specs on the movies as well as ed2k hashes in the program.

Allows lots of views too, access db or a simple report tool would be a major download for me. Think PC to Gameboy downgrade :lol:

Thx though :)
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby karstmobile on Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:40 am

Ah, I wouldn't recommend downgrading. :lol:

Just wonder how long it would take to convert everything to EMM. Can you give me a rough estimate of how long per file it takes, and maybe a short general example?
karstmobile
the Angry Klingon

Postby spudthedestroyer on Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:46 pm

convert from access? well if you do a report and export your list of titles, you can then import in various formats.

To import a disc with 6 movies, i have to:
a) put the disc in
b) click add movies
c) click "mass movie add" (i think its called)
d) click begin,
e) check all the individual 1cd movies, click a button, this adds one file per movie
f) check all the multiple files for several cd movies, click the button for each multi cd which adds a movie to those files

This adds the movies to the list

As i'm a fuddy duddy, i then, remove all the tags and stuff from the movie title ie. 2005.DVDrip etc. so its just the movie title, i then right click>mass name change, and then check all the newly added movies. Click filename cleanup and it removes all the periods and puts spaces in, capitalises new words, and moves The to the end of the title, ie. Shit, The. From the same menu i give them a dvd label, for horror H-xyz (x = letter, yz = number).

This has now:
a) given a title in the correct format
b) entered all the movies
c) imported the file specs

If i want to then import details from imdb, i hit WWW and its then a matter of automatic, or clicking the title from a list of hits in imdb.

If you just want to import, you can skip most of that out, I just have my own system. sounds long, but that's only because I'm saying how i personally do it :)

Its just clicking boxes, reading specs takes hardly any time. The longest things are www import if your usng your connection heavily, and hashing ed2k (which i do with an external app).

I skipped out those two steps and added 15 discs or so in quite a short while.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby spudthedestroyer on Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:47 pm

oh and the weakest thing about EMM is the crappy way it stores the movies in a database... you guessed it, its an access database underneath :lol:

Shame really.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby karstmobile on Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:55 pm

spudthedestroyer wrote:As i'm a fuddy duddy...

I think I have you beat on fuddy-duddy-ness. :)

Thanks for the run-down. Might be worth it to give it a go.

I've noticed the "access database underneath" with a few different cataloging programing.
karstmobile
the Angry Klingon

Postby spudthedestroyer on Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:58 pm

I've noticed the "access database underneath" with a few different cataloging programing.

Trust me, that's not a good thing since that normally means the app is not that well design at its core and made in some crappy propreitry language like visual basic or c#

No offense to vb or c# addicts, but i'm not a fan :lol:

SQL or xml are nice robust ways of storing data, the problem with the former being the need for an installation (not a problem for me since i have a local webserver). file parsing can be quick though. and xml would mean dynamic and easy sharing of databases.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Return to Reshare Requests