The Matrix Reloaded (2003) (720p)

Verified - HDTV. This sections purpose is for the inclusion of all HD material. This includes HDTV as .ts or .mpg, as well as MPEG4 re-encodes in 1080i/p, 720p or downsampled rips.

Moderator: Movie Mods

The Matrix Reloaded (2003) (720p)

Postby spudthedestroyer on Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:37 pm

mmjamie wrote:Image

ed2k: The.Matrix.Reloaded.1280x720.HDTV.VeryCD.com.avi  [3.83 Gb] [Stats]

Just posted at fh.org. If your wondering, this is far higher quality than the DVD. Its a big avi file and your not going to see a better quality copy of this film... , even if the film totally does suck donkey balls.

microbioz wrote:As most high definition material, the quality is amazing. :D
Judging by the size I think it's the same copy I have downloaded some time ago.

Specs:
size: 3.82 GB (or 3,921 MB or 4,015,232 KB or 4,111,597,568 bytes)
video: Windows Media Video V9 720p (1280x720 pixels)
audio: AC3, 48000Hz 384 kb/s total (5 chnls)

Screenshots:
http://img113.exs.cx/img113/5739/m16vu.jpg
http://img113.exs.cx/img113/2738/m20za.jpg
http://img113.exs.cx/img113/5827/m38it.jpg

yidaki wrote:
Superman wrote:looks very cool!
if only I had an HDTV..
you can use your computer and output to highresolution projector, or just watch it on your monitor directly.
no need for an expensive hdtv.

but, superhighbitrate stuff like this kills most cpu's, so a hardware mpeg2 decoding card is always appreciated :)
(hdtv is broadcasted in mpeg2, so if it's anything else, it's a transcoded/re-encoded copy, in which case alot of information has been lost and the high resolution isnt come to it's favour)

microbioz wrote:In fact, Microsoft recomends exactly that :) :

Minimal Configuration (Play 720p video)
2.4 GHz processor or equivalent
384 MB of RAM
64 MB video card
1024 × 768 screen resolution
16-bit sound card
Speakers

Optimum Configuration (Play 1080p video with 5.1 surround sound)
DirectX 9.0
3.0 GHz processor or equivalent
512 MB of RAM
128 MB video card
1920 × 1440 screen resolution
24-bit 96 kHz multichannel sound card
5.1 surround speaker system

mmjamie wrote:
Code: Select all
Media Type : HDTV Rip
Resolution : 1280x720
Framerate : 23,976
Video Bitrate : 1805,76 kb/s
Audio Codec : AC3 - Dolby Laboratories, Inc
Audio Bitrate : 375kb/s
Audio Channel : 6
Size : 3,82 GB ~ (4.111.597.568 byte)

Its a Microsoft codec, and you need a decent PC to playback this file.
Last edited by spudthedestroyer on Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby d0c on Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:29 pm

i got the dvdr long time ago... all movies in the series have been relaesed as dvdr before with no loss(no menu/extra and crap only movie on the dvd)... maybe not on the emule... but anyway who need a 3gig++ avi.... if i had the choice and never had the movie before i would go for the dvdr than 3gig+++ avi...
d0c
The Ninth Passenger

Postby spudthedestroyer on Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:42 pm

I think your a little confused. This is far better quality than even the retail DVD. Really, check the screenshots ;)

This is HDTV material which is stunning quality and huge resolution. The DVD is poorer quality than HDTV. If this was encoded as a DVD compatible image, your dvd player simply can't handle it. It doesn't have the processing power. Infact, HDTV is beyond the Xbox capability to play.

~7xx native resolution against 1280x720 native resolution (that's not resized upwards from a poorer source)

I reiterate, check the screenshots. This is FAR, far better quality than a lowly DVD.

You also misunderstand what HDTV is. This was created from the original negatives and broadcast at higher quality than the DVD ever was, it hasn't come from the DVD at all if that's what your thinking. The DVD was sampled from the same negatives, but it is of poorer quality, since the DVD specifications are far lower than this.

This 3.82GB mpeg4 file is way better than currently possible on a DVD.

Your also wrong about DVDs unless they are HDTV dvd, the inital converting to DVD in the first place is a hugely lossy process. Don't let the fact its digital blur the reality that when its created by the studio, it was captured from a negative by a telecine method, and then downsampled to the DVD specification, which limits the Bitrate to ~7MB/S max, and no more than 720x horizontal resolution.

High Definition is beyond this limited format, the content isn't tied down by the current situation where DVD players are incapable of playing back this greatly superior format.

You'll understand its vast superiority if you had equipment that could play it ;)
Last edited by spudthedestroyer on Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby spudthedestroyer on Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:47 pm

there's also Resident Evil 1 posted somewhere at fileheaven. I can post that here too, although, unfortunately, that was made as a "DVD" (ie. it was done with the MPEG2 codec, and burnt as if it were a DVD... problem is, as stated above, DVD players just can't handle the video requirements for playback).

I downloaded the sample and it ripped my retail DVD copy of Resident Evil to pieces (which is a nice quality DVD in itself, High Definition material is just better).

HDTV hasn't hit it off big in europe yet :(
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby d0c on Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:48 am

ok... i give up... but dvdr quality is more enough for me..... and a billion other ppl.. to think of that even a crappy divx is good enough for the most of the ppl in the world, and say dvdr is to much to dl becouse of size, thats beats me... and now we got 3gig avi's. appers... i think ppl wil go for divx anytime dont help if the quality is better than ordinary divx.. the next step is dvdr after divx.... and after that its sure aint 3gig. avi files.... dont help the quality is better....
d0c
The Ninth Passenger

Return to Highest Quality Section