Play "Anarchy Online" - One year for free

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Play "Anarchy Online" - One year for free

Postby hagbard on Thu Dec 16, 2004 2:53 pm

Offer valid only on new accounts created between 15 December 2004 and 15 January 2005. Quoting the Anarchy Online Campaign Site:

"Play Anarchy Online without subscription fees
15 December, 2004

Funcom announces that Anarchy Online will be the first major western live MMO without a subscription fee. In a unique move Funcom is removing all cost barriers in the ultimate sci-fi MMORPG, allowing all new players to enter and stay, free of cost! At the same time Funcom is departing from the obligatory need to register with a credit card, making for an easier entrance and registration process.

In an increasingly competitive market for fantasy MMO games, Anarchy Online stands out as the superior alternative if you like online RPG’s and sci-fi. Not only will this new and totally free approach allow everyone tired of elves, fairies and gnomes to enter a futuristic RPG world full of fun action, it will also make it possible for those who are sci-fi fans to explore a world hailed and rewarded as the best sci-fi MMO available today.

“Funcom has always been recognized as an inventive MMO developer. This unique move will allow us to test important new business models prior to announcing future online games, while also giving everyone the chance to experience the best online sci-fi RPG totally free of cost�
hagbard
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby spudthedestroyer on Thu Dec 16, 2004 3:18 pm

I just saw this, and its being distrubuted by BT :lol:

Gonna register now. Dunno if I'll play it, it would be cool to have an irc chat kind of thing... you know a room based, 3d thing. I always hoped thats the way technology is going... there's been a few attempts, but they all got problems.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby hagbard on Thu Dec 16, 2004 7:52 pm

spudthedestroyer wrote:I always hoped thats the way technology is going...

In capitalism ? You must be joking ... :P

I registered as well. No idea, if I will like it or play regularly. A friend sent me an email, and I could not withstand ... Anarchy Online ... :P
hagbard
Owns a Genesis Device

Return to General