What Game Would You Like To See As A Film?

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Postby spudthedestroyer on Thu May 11, 2006 4:50 pm

maxpayne2409 wrote:i'm not a splinter cell fan myself, i just know its michael ironside because i knew i recognised the voice and it bugged me so i completed it then went through the credits, it wouldve been better if i had just looked it up on the net really, wouldve saved me having to actually play that crap

he's the bad guy out of Total Recall? The bumbling bad guy kind of bad guy?

@dinky, you seen the latest robot chicken... next they'll move onto board games!
HUNGRY, HUNGRY HIPPOS!
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby dinky on Thu May 11, 2006 5:13 pm

i'm holding out for the silver screen premiere of Sorry!
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu May 11, 2006 6:50 pm

@spud yes he was the badguy in total recall, and highlander 2, and pretty much his entire career he has spent as a bad guy (asnd i think he is one of the best) apart from splinter cell and seaquest 2030 or whatever season 3 was called where he's actually the hero

coincidently i watched starhunter - adventures in the forbidden zone last night and he was in that.. *agaaain* as the bad guy :lol:

the latest robot chicken was funny especially the hungry hungry hippo's bit, the bit where ben stiller and owen wilson are , what was it slides and snakes? wtf? its snakes & ladders foolish americans

it occurs to me i'm not sure why i started this with @spud, when really theres nothing here in the post that even remotely links to dinky :lol:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby dinky on Thu May 11, 2006 7:01 pm

are you talking about chutes and ladders?
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu May 11, 2006 7:03 pm

thats it yeah... i think, stupid stupid name of gayness
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Thu May 11, 2006 9:55 pm

snakes as in the things that crawl on the ground and bite or some colloquial term for a "chute" or a "slide"? :wacky:
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu May 11, 2006 11:38 pm

snakes as in kurt russell, escape from ny/la, have you never played snakes & ladders, its great, you have to roll teh dice and see if you land on a snake plisken, if you do you get to ask for a smoke and then turn off america, just like the end of escape from la
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Fri May 12, 2006 1:18 am

yeah gotta go with this max on this one, its called snakes and ladders. Its a british game, we called it snakes and ladders, end of story.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snakes_and_ladders

Maybe yanks didn't know what a snake was just like they didn't know what a philosopher was with harry potter? :lol:

Something to do with the indians... looks like its another game we borrowed from them, like chess. :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby dinky on Fri May 12, 2006 4:17 pm

from the wiki historical account, it looks like they thought they'd sell more games with the chutes/slides rather than snakes. makes sense to me - snakes aren't very appealing; blame the old testament, I guess. I take it the plissken thing was a joke. pity. cuz THAT would be a change worth getting annoyed over. 8)
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Fri May 12, 2006 5:45 pm

the plisken thing is not a joke... */me puts on blue peter badge* heres one i made earlier out of kurt russell movie posters, pipe cleaners & of course sticky back plastic
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Previous

Return to General