What Game Would You Like To See As A Film?

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Postby dinky on Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:27 pm

oh, no. haven't seen the first RE movie or Doom, but they</i> certainly look about on par.

nah. haunted house crap don't do it for me. gimme sci-fi and fantasy and racing sims and sports games and rts's and the occaisional rpg. (you're going to chastise me for not classifying RE as sci-fi now, aren't you? ok. that's fair.)
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:44 pm

no i would never chastise you for classing resident evil as scifi as its horror (the games, and the movies altho spud does have a point with the first movie especially being partly scifi) although i would chastise you for kind of not having played the games :lol: yet you play sports games, theres never been a decent sports game since international track & field for the psx, although sensible soccer still ranks as top sports game ever (there is a new still top down sensi soccer coming to pc in april :D ), i would say actually football glory (amiga) ranks up with sensible soccer too, basically identical but with a few more features etc

but what we really need is...... cannon fodder 3 hehe
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby spudthedestroyer on Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:56 pm

The games aren't scifi, well no more than Frankenstein is or anything else involving science. Tis all about the atmosphere and junk.

the movie tries to be a scifi more than a horror, look at the way it focuses hitech computers, the laser room or alice and the emphasis on the sciencey mumbo jumbo of the virus rather than the monsters. Its just focusing on the completely wrong aspect of resident evil. It completely omits the gothic look, etc.

I wouldn't call it a scifi movie, its like an action scifi-horror thing, but what it isn't is like resident evil, and that's one of the reasons it was pretty lousy. False advertising.

max, you never played quake soccer?
Last edited by spudthedestroyer on Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:25 pm

no i have never played quake soccer, but either way it can not under any circumstance be better then playing witha team called Murder Weapons that contains a player called Jeremy Beadle :lol:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:03 pm

All this reminds me, dinky:
http://www.dead-donkey.com/modules/news/index.php?id=87

Of course if you got a gamecube, you should check out RE:remake and RE4 on that, really are something special.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:09 pm

yes the re remake and re4 are great, infact i got my gamecube specifically just for re remake, re0 and re4, and i suppose also mgs 1 remake, but other then that no other reason :lol:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby damarofi on Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:18 pm

as for the game to movie, I voted for monkey island!
why?, 'Cause the series are some of the best games ever!
Funny, funny and whats more... funny!
Would be a great comedy!
damarofi
Red Shirted Trekker

Postby dinky on Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:44 pm

spudthedestroyer wrote:All this reminds me, dinky:
http://www.dead-donkey.com/modules/news/index.php?id=87

Of course if you got a gamecube, you should check out RE:remake and RE4 on that, really are something special.

c'mmon spud, you know I'm a console guy except for rts's - stupid keyboard/mouse movements. I have gamecube, but I lose interest in games awfully quickly. though I suppose since it's on gc, it ought to be a good buy.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby dinky on Wed May 10, 2006 5:03 pm

er...not sure where to post or it's been posted before (smells like it has but I can't seem to find it):

tvguide.com wrote: At the Movies: Resident Evil 3 and More!
Ali Larter (playing Claire), Ashanti (as Nurse Betty) and Chris Egan (Mikey) have joined the cast of Resident Evil 3, says the Hollywood Reporter. They join returning stars Milla Jovovich, Oded Fehr and Mike Epps.... Universal is at work on Anguish, an English-language remake of the 1987 Spanish horror film Angustia, and Spec Bet, a heist pic to star 50 Cent.... Emily Mortimer (Match Point) has joined Used Guys, the Ben Stiller-Jim Carrey comedy about a future where men are cloned and sold like cars.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Wed May 10, 2006 5:37 pm

yeah i heard ali larter was being thought about replacing the chick who played jill in re2 tho, , don't know who nurse betty and mikey are tho (except nurse betty starring renee zellweger :lol:)

im dissappointed in you dinky i thought even you had more class then to mention "fiddy" in a non pisstaking way on this esteemed forum
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Wed May 10, 2006 10:03 pm

eh? oh. cut 'n' paste. all I saw was something about an actress from match point</i> and jim carrey. psychological defense mechanism blinded me to him. :lol:
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Thu May 11, 2006 8:25 am

they announced a WoW film by the same studio that did Batman Begins at this years E3.

That should be... erm... interesting? :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu May 11, 2006 10:59 am

hhahahahahaha GAY

i wonder if there will be the sccene where some clan trashed a guys funeral, did u read about that? some really big popular guy on wowo died irl, so his friends got admin to move his character to some lake of dreams or something, so everyone could go and say their goodbyes, and thousands turned up, but this big clan trashed it, killed the dead guys character and slaughtered everyone else there, i saw the vid it was freaking hilarious
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Thu May 11, 2006 11:28 am

They are also making a Metal Gear Solid film

IceCold wrote:Live-action Metal Gear Solid movie confirmed

In his official E3 2006 catalog, MGS creator Hideo Kojima announces a big-screen adaptation of the legendary Konami series is in the works.

LOS ANGELES--When excited attendees left yesterday's Konami press conference, they were handed a catalog for Studio Kojima's forthcoming slate of games. However, many didn't know it, since the brochure was a clever imitation of the newsletter handed out each day at of the Electronic Entertainment Expo.

On the front of the Kojima catalog was a "breaking news" box, which bore the headline "Solid Snake...On the silver screen?" The blurb below it read, "In a late-breaking surprise announcement, director Hideo Kojima revealed that his most famous creation--Metal Gear Solid--is getting the live-action treatment."

Given the semicomic nature of the fake E3 newsletter/Kojima Productions catalog, many thought the story was a joke. However, on the last page of the pamphlet was a page-long article on the project, which showed that Kojima was dead serious when he made the announcement.

After assuring readers at length that German director Uwe Boll will not have anything to do with the project, as rumored, Kojima talked about the film. "I have received many offers to adapt Metal Gear Solid. It has taken a long time, but we have finally settled on an arrangement," said the revered designer. "False facts aside, a movie project is underway. I have finalized a Class-A contract with a party in Hollywood."

Close-up of movie announcement blurb.
Kojima did not mention the name of the party, a release date, or any potential directors or stars. However, ever since the original PlayStation Metal Gear Soild, the English-language dialogue of game hero Solid Snake has been voiced by Hollywood figure David Hayter. Though a prolific voice actor, Hayter has enjoyed greater success as a screenwriter, with credits for X-Men, X2, and the forthcoming Watchmen under his belt.

---

At least Uwe Boll can't get his hands on this one.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu May 11, 2006 12:17 pm

After assuring readers at length that German director Uwe Boll will not have anything to do with the project, as rumored

HAHAHAHAHAHA that is the funniest thing iv'e read all day

gotta say its no suprise to see an mgs movie, you will get a lot fo fans saying "david hayter HAS to play solid snake" but i dont know about you but i have never seen a pic of david hayter, for all i know he could be fat, spotty, balding and look like an antelope and nothing like solid snake
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Thu May 11, 2006 12:29 pm

its a skinny white guy. Face it with all the make-up actors get, and all the flattering camera effects he looks good enough for the job. He's not like a rough soldier type though.

The funny thing is, just imagine if there's a Splinter Cell film, Reggie from Phantasm would have to play Sam Fisher :lol: That would be a classic!
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu May 11, 2006 12:42 pm

erm why would he? in splinter cell 1 sam fisher was voiced by michael ironside (thats the only splinter cell ive played)
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Thu May 11, 2006 12:48 pm

oh yeah, what am i thinking of? :? As you can tell, i'm not a splinter cell fan either :lol:

btw.. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0439829/ there is a splinter cell movie so that's shit on that one :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu May 11, 2006 1:32 pm

i'm not a splinter cell fan myself, i just know its michael ironside because i knew i recognised the voice and it bugged me so i completed it then went through the credits, it wouldve been better if i had just looked it up on the net really, wouldve saved me having to actually play that crap
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Thu May 11, 2006 2:07 pm

awfully popular crap.

I thought batman begins</i> was done well. not that it has much to do with a warcraft movie though - I imagine that being more like LotR in scope and visuals. batman was a lot closer. plenty of cgi, but not the same scale I imagine for anything warcraft.

which brings me to...why WoW movie? granted, I've never played it (cuz mmo's have all the appeal of burnt toast - plus, I'm philosophically opposed to paying for TIME on a game I already bought). I mean...there were 3 previous warcraft games that actually had a focused story (only played 3 briefly, so I can't say if any were decent). and they pick a game that's designed around nonsense tangents?
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

PreviousNext

Return to General