File wont complete.

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

File wont complete.

Postby fileslasher on Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:19 pm

As I was downloading a file I changed the dl folder to a dif folder so I could use edonkey on another profile in windows(I did go offline to change the folder tho). Anyway... the dl went to 100% but wouldnt complete. I waited for a few hours then just canceld it, put the dl folder back to the default and dl'd the file again. Same thing hapening, its stuck at 100% and will not complete. I looked in the temp folder and its still there so I dont understand why it wont finish. ..Any1 know why or know how to fix this?. I'm usin'g edonkey2000 client.

Other files seem to dl like normal. Its just this one file that wont finish
fileslasher
the Angry Klingon

Postby spudthedestroyer on Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:48 am

Its a common problem with edonkey2000 If I remember correctly, install emule, point it to your temp files. Let it complete it properally, and if your that way inclined swtich back to ed2k.

Should work.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby fileslasher on Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:59 pm

put the the emule temp folder to the edonkey folder? I did that and nuthings hapnin. also tried put the file's temp folder into the emule temp folder., nuthin.....
fileslasher
the Angry Klingon

Re: File wont complete.

Postby cacotl on Thu Jan 27, 2005 3:19 pm

the dl went to 100% but wouldnt complete.

100% doesnt mean that you get the file ENTIRELY (go figure). Take a look at progress bar and you will see a lot of gaps. Sometimes ED2K d/l 120% of a movie to get it done. For example, corrupt pieces are counted on percentage, but of course they are meanless for you :).

I had this problem with Riddick - it went to 100% in 12 hours and took more 15 days to complete! :) (it went to 115%)

Just relax and add more stuff to d/l. One day will get it :)

BTW, right-click on the movie on transfers screen and see the "last date that it was saw complete". If it was recently (like 1 hour ago) just wait.
He is dead, Jim
cacotl
the Angry Klingon

Postby fileslasher on Thu Jan 27, 2005 3:31 pm

no u know when after all mb is done downloading and then the status bar says completing and it goes it 100%, then says complete. Well it just stays at 100%.
fileslasher
the Angry Klingon

Postby hagbard on Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:09 pm

What is your server log saying ? Still hashing ?

Excluding your temp folder from AV could help.

You can also try to copy the .part file and rename the copy. Maybe it works maybe it doesn't.

Another possibility (since your other downloads seem to work): It is a fake / corrupted file.
hagbard
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby fileslasher on Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:04 pm

naw its not fake. its on this site. i'll just keep trying stuff and if it keeps fucking up i'll just stick with emule and redownload. thx for the help every1
fileslasher
the Angry Klingon

Postby cacotl on Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:42 pm

give me the link to the file and wiil try it at my ed2k.
He is dead, Jim
cacotl
the Angry Klingon

Postby spudthedestroyer on Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:43 pm

Well the incompleting file is a very old problem with edonkey2000, if its that. As said though, it should always complete when you close edonkey2000, open emule, and let emule complete it properally.

If your using the messed up edonkey2000 new style part files, you need to import them into emule, it will then complete it if its truely complete. If its corrupted, it will drop the corrupted parts and you'll know what's missing :)

Its to do with it corrupting and trying to complete. If it wasn't you'd just be able to rename the .part file to whatever and it would be just like the normal file.

IMO you should consider just not opening ed2k again after you start up emule then :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby fileslasher on Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:06 am

aw shit i never thought of renaming it, oh well. i already canceld it. The file was cd2 of signs dvdrip ac3 in the high qual section. I like emule better so I'm 'just gonna stick with that from now on. although this is the first file that i ever had trouble with on ed2k......... probly wouldnt have been the last .
fileslasher
the Angry Klingon

Return to General