Its Official.. Trekkies Are The Biggest Nerds EVER

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Its Official.. Trekkies Are The Biggest Nerds EVER

Postby maxpayne2409 on Wed Mar 02, 2005 5:24 pm

Oh dear, 3 mega enterprise fans have donated $3,000,000 to fund a 5th season fo enterprise, what sad little fucks they are

"Investors in space flight industry contribute $3,000,000 to TrekUnited
Money pledged to fund a fifth season of Star Trek: Enterprise

TrekUnited.com today announced that three anonymous contributors have stepped forward with a $3 million pledge toward the campaign to ensure a fifth season for the recently cancelled Star Trek: Enterprise.

Paramount Network Television and the United Paramount Network (UPN) jointly announced on Feb. 3 that this would be the last season of Enterprise on UPN. Fans pooled their skills, time and finances to form TrekUnited.com in an effort to fight the decision by raising money themselves to pay for a fifth season of the on-going space adventure.

The benefactors also added a statement explaining why they believe this campaign deserves such a substantial contribution:

"We think Star Trek and especially its latest incarnation, "Enterprise" is the kind of TV that should be aired more often. The people responsible at Paramount think this is just a show and we want to tell them, it is not. We are in the commercial space flight industry and would like to testify that at least one out of two of all the actual entrepreneurs involved in this industry has been inspired by Star Trek; and we are not only good at watching TV sci-fi , we are also good at writing checks, big checks. The people airing this kind of TV have a responsibility; inspiration. Star Trek has inspired us, and particularly Enterprise, with its superb theme song that tells so much about our struggle to move space travel forward and closer to the public, this inspiration is so self evident, that Virgin Galactic has ordered a 5-sub orbital ship fleet from Scaled Composites, a 100 million dollar investment, and the first one being built is going to be christened ‘VSS Enterprise.’ Now doesn’t that ring a bell in Paramount’s ears? Now, canceling the series so bluntly, for the sake of just ratings, tells very much about the kind of thinking going on inside Paramount. If we thought the same way, Paul Allen would have never funded the SpaceShipOne program. Sir Richard Branson would never have funded Virgin Galactic and Space Adventures would never have put two space tourists aboard the International Space Station. Instead, we would all be at home watching Survivor or some other reality TV show. Enterprise needs to be renewed, for the sake of fan loyalty, for being quality TV, for bringing imagination and hope for a better future to our homes, but over all that, for inspiring us so strongly that we have fought all our adult lives to bring that future closer to our children and to us."

TrekUnited Director Tim Brazeal also stated contributions like this one brings the campaign much closer to its goal. "We are overwhelmed at the generosity of these fellow Star Trek fans," Brazeal said. "We believe that Enterprise deserves a future. With contributions like the one from these generous individuals and those of millions of other Star Trek fans worldwide, we will succeed."

Under the terms of the TrekUnited charter, the campaign will be able to give the money to anything that will guarantee a fifth season of Star Trek: Enterprise.

Source: TrekUnited

ok wheres sliders season 6 or a original cast movie? wheres seven days seasno 4? wheres john doe season 2? wheres (insert any decent tv show cancelled before its time title here) season xx
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby jakobx on Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:03 pm

biggest nerds? you are forgetting about Star wars. You can not be a bigger nerd than that. Even linux using, magic the gathering playing, never seen a woman naked enterprise watching star trek nerds are no match for a Luke, Luke, save me with the lightsabre and the vwing, vwing, vwing star wars nerd. And not to mention LOTR.
jakobx
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby cacotl on Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:39 pm

Altough i just love ST (i am a trekker - but really a nerd:) ) - i think do anything to save Enterprise is lost of time, since the serie is a crap. Bad scripts, bad season-end stories, bad bad bad. I ve just saw end of 3rd season and... another time travel episode? Com Rick B. you cant think anything better?

I rather prefer to give that money to j. Stra..sky (the balylon guy - never now how to write his name) and the guy from dark skies to allow them write a NEW ONE ST serie. A good one, not Entreprise, DS9 e Voyager (yuck) one.
He is dead, Jim
cacotl
the Angry Klingon

Postby maxpayne2409 on Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:26 pm

@jakobx - star wars nerds really arent as bad as trekkies, trekkies jsut take everything to the limit

@cacotl - i saw a few of the first season of enterprise and was forced to watch the last episode of season 3 on skyone last night before stargate atlantis (good show) and all the way through i was bored rigid and then right at the end where it went all ww2 it picked up ever so slightly, but probably only because i like nearly anything related to time travel stories, and also ww2 interests me but enterprise is cack, when there are so many good series that were cancelled before theyre time that actually had good interesting stories

incidently J. Michael Straczynski was the main guy behind the first 2 seasons of Jeremiah (another quality program) he had plans for it to go on to at least 5 seasons but seasons 3-5 under different people as he had a big story arc for season 1 and 2

babylon 5 was cool too, might buy all 5 season boxsets from play.com while theyre half price

John Doe Should never have been cancelled after 1 season either, i dont get what they did there, the writers did everything so it wrapped most of the questions up nicely.... then made a HUGE revelation that just left everything on a cliffhanger :o BASTARDS
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:54 pm

trekies are the worst nerds, and the money should have been invested in another mini-series of Farscape quite clearly :lol:

What a waste of money, they should really be thinking about what other kind of trek they could do cos enterprise really is awful, not that the others were even remotely good to be frank.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:14 am

what other trek could they do though? the way i see it theyve done the start (enterprise) pretty muched ended the entire thing by killing off the borg in voyager, tng ds9 and voyager all interlink, therefore leaving the years between kirk and picard the only logical place for them to fill, but lets hope they dont

the money should be used for an original cast sliders movie, none of this 3rd season onwards crap
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:27 am

Terry Farrell trek, I'd watch that :wacky:

I could make a series for the money lol, with ninjas and a medical frigate from star wars.

Speaking of which, you hear the about Kevin Smith being involved with the Star Wars tv series. Apparantly George Lucas swears he's not going to be overly involved and let some decent director's do it. 8)
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:38 am

george lucas is a god damn moron, he made star wars yes... then look what he did to it with his "vision" hes a git, i really hope they dont actually make a tv series, itll most likely be crap, hehe "and all new from the writers of roswell comes...... :lol: "
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:45 am

lol, I know george bush is a retard, but the "there should be limits to freedom" speach fits perfectly with Lucas' now freedom of expression.

He made a lot better stuff when he didn't have so much room to f*ck up ala. original trilogy and THX.

I don't think however, that he's going to give the series to the land of mediocraty. I'd much rather hope he'll do an Indiana Jones and give it to the best director's and actors from around the world. Which is kind of demonstrated by the talk of Kevin Smith involvement.

You've got to dream :lol: A true geek always used to say, "as long as I live to see all the star wars movies I don't care", now its more like "I wish I died before they made the new star wars movies" :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:16 am

haha yeah ive only seen the pants menace out fo the new films, i simply refuse to watch ep 2 and 3 because of it

they are making another indy film tho arent tehy? despite the fact harrison ford is too old to do anything

incidently that reminds me of a hilarious picture i saw once on the net where someone had drawn bush in a nazi uniform parading a swasticka flag infront of an army of nazis, said it all really, showed it to someone i know whose american, they got very offended :twisted:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:46 am

ep2 is better than 1 in totality

as for indy, slap a wig on him and get him to fight some commies was the plan last time I heard.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:59 pm

spudthedestroyer wrote:ep2 is better than 1 in totality

as for indy, slap a wig on him and get him to fight some commies was the plan last time I heard.

yeah that was the plan last i heard too, i'll probably still watch it though cant be any worse then the assault on precinct 13 remake, i mean who casts Ja FUCKING rule in anything? seriously!!!
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:06 pm

lol, metallica sung a song with Ja Rule a year or so back.... ahaha :mrgreen:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Fri Mar 04, 2005 6:05 pm

HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby Jim123 on Fri Jun 03, 2005 5:09 am

Even though I like Star Trek, I would agree with you guys that there were problems with casting and lines in the later series. They have to learn that it takes more than a name to keep the fans.

I still watched all of them; I guess it's probably because I am a fan. Sometimes I would cringe at some of the episodes, especially with Voyager
Jim123
42?

Return to General