UK TV COLD WAR

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

UK TV COLD WAR

Postby kevtheskin on Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:20 pm

Hello folk
.I wonder if anyone can remember a drama programmes that was broadcast either in the late 80ts or early 90ts about a pre nuclear attack on the Uk (Not Threads)The story was about getting the goverment and the rich to an Island somewhere to keep them safe.And how people went to all sorts to get on this boat any idea's please.

Cheers Kev
kevtheskin
Red Shirted Trekker

Postby potmunky on Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:42 pm

Nearest thing I can, (vaguely), recall is 'Z For Zachariah', but I dont think thats it.
Im intrigued.
Hope someone here can shed some light on this, (and hopefully a link :wacky: )... :?
potmunky
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby Bassline on Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:56 pm

was it a single show/movie or was the story running over numerous weeks or just like a mini-series (3 episodes)? might make it a bit easier to narrow down....nothing springs to mind but i'll have a think and ask around :wink:
I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Bassline
Modding the Machine

Postby kevtheskin on Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:50 pm

I think it ran for a few episodes at least.Was thinking maybe it was meteor going to hit earth that the Gov were fleeing from.Cant remember now i think i have lost the plot if you parding the pun.All i remember was the bribing from normal folk to get a boat ride to the safe haven.Bassline did you get my pm.?.

Cheers Kev
kevtheskin
Red Shirted Trekker

Postby Bassline on Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:12 pm

no PM's in my inbox Kev?
I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Bassline
Modding the Machine

Return to General