More Frigging Remakes

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

More Frigging Remakes

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Dec 26, 2005 7:52 pm

this isnt scifi related hence why in general not fanatics cabal

more remakes of good films have been announced (bastards)

heres the latest,

Revenge of The Nerds, a remake of the 1984 classic, no cast listed yet but i expect it will involve some tosspot current favourites who cant play nerds if they tried, after all at least in the original the characters actually did portray nerds pretty well nowawdays the cast will probably be too worried about being typecast as a nerd they fuck it up

Police Academy (ok so the series isnt great but remaking it will be even worse), altho on a side note im not sure if police academy is a remake or not as all the original cast are returning to play theyre characters once again, could end up being Police Academy 8)

G.W. Bailey .... Thaddeus Harris
Leslie Easterbrook .... Debbie Callahan
George Gaynes .... Eric Lassard
Steve Guttenberg .... Carey Mahoney
Lance Kinsey .... Proctor
Bruce Mahler .... Douglas Fackler
Marion Ramsey .... Laverne Hooks
George R. Robertson .... Henry Hurst
Bubba Smith .... Moses Hightower
Michael Winslow .... Larvell Jones
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby mxyzptlk on Mon Dec 26, 2005 9:14 pm

puke...

kill feed repeat
mxyzptlk
The Ninth Passenger

Postby spudthedestroyer on Mon Dec 26, 2005 10:45 pm

Well police academy is friggin terrible, all of them, its probably a sequel.
Revenge of the nerds kinda sucked too if you ask me, i wonder if its the name or a script that got this one on the remake wagon. If its the name, its doomed, if it was a script then it might be better.

As long as they take a movie thats not great and remake it I'm not too fussy, its just taking famous and good movies and making pointless updates that just pisses me off with the collosal waste of money involved.

However, american comedies are generally terrible and completely devoid of humour so this probably only makes matters worse.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Dec 26, 2005 11:33 pm

i only got to see revenge of the nerds for the first time ever on christmas eve (after seeing 2-4 a long time ago) and i quite enjoyd it, it wasnt as good as some classics in the same genre but as far as american teen comedys go i still stand by my statement that all the best ones came out fo the 80s, although american comedy on a whole suffers from lack of actual comedy on the most part, maybe we should get a british film house to remake revenge of the nerds and see which one does better in the cinemas, the american or british version, i know which one would be actually funny..... and it isnt coming from stateside :lol:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Return to General