what's your fav scifi series & why

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:53 am

channel 4 did used to rock didn't it as did early evening friday night bbc2, and late monday night on bbc2 actually, infact u know tv just used to rock then it kind of went crap
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby RedDwArF on Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:44 pm

Hi Just found site and i will say at least this question is what it all about in the first place........
truemattyz01
RedDwArF
Red Shirted Trekker

Postby mxyzptlk on Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:16 pm

its about scifi :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

kill feed repeat
mxyzptlk
The Ninth Passenger

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:37 pm

swish... yeah science fiction and fantasy, with <a href="htttp://www.emule-project.net">ed2k links</a> to that type of content. Horrors just over the border, click the image right at the bottom of the forum :)
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby BadBugs on Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:02 am

Lexx was great! Eva Haberman was definately the sexiest Zev with her saucy lil ass & her blue hair, mmmmmmmmm lol. (Lyekka was almost as hot but not quite).
Season 1 was the best with its 4 movie length episodes with loads of gore, brains & twists. (Clearly remember the bug bomb). season 2 was as random as it gets with each episode being fresh although not every one was good. (The hillbillies was the best episode). Season 3 was where things started to go wrong, a full season on the planets fire & water where you really had to watch all episodes to be able to get to grips with it then season 4 was planet earth. Carrots from outer space that shot up your ass & turned you into a zombie? classic!
So many famous faces turned up on this show, Rutger Hauer, Malcolm MacDowell, Tim Curry & even Britt Ekland popped up in season 4.
The robot head made me laugh with his twisted obsession with first Zev & then Kai. The way the whole light universe was consumed by robot arms was quite spooky. Sad when the Lexx finally dies in the last episode but then on dying gives birth to a new baby lexx.
I'm a bit surprised theres no Lexx collection on here :o
Anyway, thats my two penneth :mrgreen:
BadBugs
Having trouble with tribbles

Postby spudthedestroyer on Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:59 am

I was never a fan of S4, S3 is my favourite. S2 is everyone's normal choice, but nope... its S3 for me :)
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby BadBugs on Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:13 am

Why season 3? You like the idea that when you die you wake up again? Is it the desert & you'd like to maybe live in Egypt or similar? You've been up in a hot air balloon or would like to? Maybe even the Yin/Yang of the 2 planets? Personally I found season 3 hard going, but maybe thats just me as I often fall asleep halfway through a film lol
BadBugs
Having trouble with tribbles

Postby spudthedestroyer on Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:57 pm

All and none of them. I think its the most success visually, it has spanning werid landscapes. It all focuses on the two planets in twin orbit, and i like the mortal enemies of heaven and hell linked by the upper atmosphere.

I just liked it, especially because it was hard going :)
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby Gem]n[ on Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:49 pm

As with anything with me its what I watched when I was growing up (still am) ... these are the ones that got me hooked to sc-fi ... my favs were (still are) The Invaders, Original Battlestar Galactica, Star Trek (OS), Dr Who (Jon Pertwee) Buck Rogers, Space 1999 and 'V' (a classic) ... they're the ones that stick in my head ...

newer ones? ... well there's a a few now that TV went mad ... BSG remake for sure, Invasion (see below) ... there's loads out there I haven't seen yet but at the moment Heroes is top of my list ...

The one thing I hate the most is that the more sci-fi series they make the more loose ends there are (as in closure) to the series cos they get axed and so don't ever get to the end of the story ... if they just concentrated on one series, make it, finish it (with closure), then it would get a better response from the fans ...

Why they don't just put a budget aside (written into contract) specially for 'a last 2 episode miniseries' to create an ending so it ties up the story I dont't know ... this goes for all sci-fi series ... it will make the world a better place (READ: well it would stop me getting annoyed) :mrgreen:
Gem]n[
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:14 pm

while i love Doctor who i am getting fed up with the new series style of "dalek episode every other story", the old series never had so many in rapid succession, although it was nice to see lesser known one troughton story villians "the macra" make a reappearance, but next weeks is a 2parter dalek story again. It just annoys me they obviously can't think of any new ideas much these days.

Although saying that going by what the face of boe said at the end of this weeks ep about
Spoiler:
the doctor not being the only time lord left and the fact that the final episode of this series is called Last of The Timelords, leads me to believe the master (who we all knew wouldn't stay dead) may be making his return
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby MistaMurkel on Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:21 pm

maxpayne2409 wrote:channel 4 did used to rock didn't it as did early evening friday night bbc2, and late monday night on bbc2 actually, infact u know tv just used to rock then it kind of went crap

I totally agree.... once upon a time, Channel 4 had taste, BBC still had class aswell.... now look @ them..... :lol:
MistaMurkel
Red Shirted Trekker

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:11 pm

yeah now it's all reality cock fighting, and quiz/chat shows, with the odd bout of scifi in the form of doctor who and torchwood, the less said about channel 5 the better, but at least itv made an attempt with Primeval, which wasn't too bad i suppose even tho it looked like it was made for £1.50 with all the effects bought direct from cash converters.

For that matter, with the popularity of the new doctor who series, and other who related stuff, the BBC still haven't thought "let's repeat some old who", if this was america there would be so much who all over the tv you wouldn't be able to move for wobbly cardboard, but not here oh no
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:44 pm

maxpayne2409 wrote:yeah now it's all reality cock fighting, and quiz/chat shows

sounds like US programming as well. :?

I can't stand all the ridiculous "reality" shite.
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:57 pm

me either, unless it was something fun like "reality smack paul ws andersons head in"

gonna watch tonights doctor who now
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Previous

Return to General