what's your fav scifi series & why

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Postby spudthedestroyer on Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:25 pm

I'm pretty certain he was ;)
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby Osfratman on Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:02 am

Dr Who is a classic, I grew up with that one. My wife and I whatched on our Wedding night. She has known me as a Doctor Who fanatic.

Blakes 7 was a good one too.

There was a Cartoon in the early 80's. It was with a battle ship that was launch in to outer space. I can not remeber the show for the life of me. But if anybody can remember this it would be great. All I remember was that this battle ship turned into a space ship and they were racing to a place to sav the earth.

Wayne
Osfratman
Red Shirted Trekker

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:40 am

you watched doctor who on your wedding night??? that's dedication as a whovian :lol: "sorry not tonight dear, doctor who's on"
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby dinky on Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:25 pm

I could see watching dr. hooters on yer wedding night. :wacky:
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:38 pm

Maybe we need a "worst thing to watch on your wedding night" thread? :googley:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat Oct 21, 2006 3:08 pm

i think doctor who on a wedding night though..... i mean... he has to be making it up.... surely? i mean i wouldn't watch MacGyver on my wedding night :lol: (Spud & Dinky will get that)
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Sat Oct 21, 2006 4:06 pm

only cuz you'd be in bed with RDA on your wedding night. :wacky:
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat Oct 21, 2006 4:29 pm

damn straight.... what a minute, what? :o
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby mxyzptlk on Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:28 am

spudthedestroyer wrote:Maybe we need a "worst thing to watch on your wedding night" thread? :googley:

good idea spud :P :P

kill feed repeat
mxyzptlk
The Ninth Passenger

Postby Osfratman on Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:52 am

It was not to bad. I still married to the same girl for 18 1/2 yrs. She has the same passion in Scifi as I do. She has always enjoyed whatching it with me. She is quit the women for me . :D She has kept me straight and norrow :D :eatthis: She wears the pants in the family :rock:
Osfratman
Red Shirted Trekker

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:55 pm

that's as maybe but... you know.... what about the wedding night rumpy pumpy :lol:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby Osfratman on Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:56 am

Can t do all night some people need breaks in between :lol: :wink:
Osfratman
Red Shirted Trekker

Postby mxyzptlk on Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:47 am

Osfratman wrote:It was not to bad. I still married to the same girl for 18 1/2 yrs. She has the same passion in Scifi as I do. She has always enjoyed whatching it with me. She is quit the women for me . :D She has kept me straight and norrow :D :eatthis: She wears the pants in the family :rock:

I'm still with the same girl too, but mainly coz after all this time she still manages to fuck my brain out :wink:

kill feed repeat
mxyzptlk
The Ninth Passenger

Postby maxpayne2409 on Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:44 pm

:lol: that's always good mxy
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby Jynks on Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:15 pm

Osfratman wrote:There was a Cartoon in the early 80's. It was with a battle ship that was launch in to outer space. I can not remeber the show for the life of me. But if anybody can remember this it would be great.

Your thinking of "Space Battleship Yamamoto" better knows as Starblazers

ImageImage

I used to luv that show, There was a anime 4some when i was akid I used to watch every day after school. Not that I every heard theword anime... they wer just cartoons to me back then. Astro Boy, Robotech, Captain Harlock and Space Battleship Yamamoto

Captian Harlock
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby Jynks on Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:59 pm

Decided to dig out my old links for these shows...

Space Battleship Yamamoto (Star Blazers) {1974-81} @ Scidonkey
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby MyK on Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:55 pm

Comedy: 1st) "Red Dwarf", 2nd) "3rd Rock From The Sun", 3rd) "The Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy (mini)"
Drama: 1st) "Carnivale", 2nd) "Blake's 7", 3rd) "ReGenesis"
Misc.: 1st) "The Twilight Zone (1959)", 2nd) "Star Trek (1966)", 3rd) "Dark Skies"
Documentary: 1st) "Cosmos", 2nd) "Red Space", 3rd) "Space (Hyperspace)"
Running Series: 1st) "Doctor Who", 2nd) "Torchwood" 3rd) "Supernatural"
Foreign: 1st) "Na rubu znanosti (eng. Borderline science, Croatian, TV/talk show)" 2nd) "Redes (eng. Network, Spanish, TV/talk show" 3rd) "Space Battleship Yamato (Japanese, animation)"

Close, but not quite: "Heroes", "Battlestar Galactica (2003)", "Firefly", "Dexter's Laboratory", "Samurai Jack", "X Files", "Taken (mini)", "Twin Peaks", "The Future is Wild",...

Dark side of the moon: "Lost", "The 4400", "Millennium", "Babylon 5", "Stargate Atlantis", "Stargate SG-1", "Eureka", "Jericho", "The Triangle (mini)", "Futurama",...

Notes: "ReGenesis" and "Firefly" have no proper endings as they were canceled during production. "Dark Skies" could fall into this category (canceled series) also. Other than abrupt endings of this series I think they were all top of the class Sci-Fi for its time, budget and targeted audience. "Red Space" is a mystery to me as it's not even listed in IMDB. It was aired on Discover Channel some two years ago and was a documentary series on the Soviet space program. It was to some extent fictitious as there were many speculations like "what could have been", "what really happened" and so on.
"The products suck! There's no sex in them anymore!" (Steve Jobs)
MyK
The Ninth Passenger

Postby dinky on Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:11 pm

not to start the inevitable joss whendon vs. the army of farscape & futurama "discussion" again, but I'd say firefly</i> didn't HAVE a target audience. how many "spaceship" oriented sci-fi fans want to watch a western and vice versa? sci-fi is pretty niche as it is (compare the accolades BSG gets and it's actual viewership/ratings). sci-fi always dies quickly on major nets. firefly</i> was a niche of a niche sort of setup. I liked it. and it was high quality. but there's noway people are even gonna watch it long enough to get past the fact that they're watching a "spacey" sci-fi masquerading around as a western or vice versa or some weird hybrid (like people aren't going to stick around farscape long enought to get past the rubbery & muppet appearance and the wandering - almost disconnected - first 20-odd eps). ffs, they even had a cattle driving episode. :lol:
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby Black on Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:33 pm

I liked Fire Fly, I don't have a problem with westerns dressed up as Sci-fi i.e. Ghost of Mars, Outland and Moon Zero Two or as horror like JC's Vampires, but I like westerns :) Good things can come from mixing up genres look at Frankenstein sci-fi/gothic horror. A good story can be a good story regardless of setting look at how many times Yojimbo has been remade.
[]
Black
Having trouble with tribbles

Postby dinky on Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:03 pm

people as in the "mainstream." I liked ff too. but then...I like jw. :wacky:
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

PreviousNext

Return to General