what movie is this?

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

what movie is this?

Postby dedninjz on Fri May 12, 2006 7:40 pm

so sometimes in the 80's on cinemax i caught a movie that had a protaganist that worked on computers. he developed some sort of artificial intelligence and i believe i remember him talking to his computer. at some point i think he gets a girlfriend, and either through accident or because the computer is jealous, it sux this gal into a virtual reality(ala Tron) then the protaganist goes in after her. i remember him having a blue sleevless suit on with arm bands. and in one of these arm bands i think he had a keyboard to manipulate the virtual world. does anyone have any information about this movie at all? i cant remember the name of it or actors in it?is it available on dvd?
dedninjz
Red Shirted Trekker

Postby maxpayne2409 on Fri May 12, 2006 9:19 pm

it sounds a helluva lot like tron but i believe there were more too, but offhand i cant think, but it does sound familiar
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby dedninjz on Fri May 12, 2006 11:23 pm

i know it does sound alot like tron
but after they were inside the virtual world it had a more fantasy bent
like the main bad guy, dont know if it was a manifestation of the a.i. or not but he was called the dungeon lord or something like that. i kinda remember it being named after that guy too. and its a very vague image but he kinda looked like david caradines character in deathrace 2000.
dedninjz
Red Shirted Trekker

Postby dinky on Fri May 12, 2006 11:25 pm

hope you weren't watching spy kids. :wacky:
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby dedninjz on Fri May 12, 2006 11:29 pm

i totally figured it out!
its called dungeonmaster! it was made in 1985.
dedninjz
Red Shirted Trekker

Postby dinky on Sat May 13, 2006 3:21 am

impressive. I didn't remember there being video games in 1985. TRANS-FORM-ERS -- RO-BOTS -- IN -- DIS-GUISE. byow wow wow. cha cha cha.
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby johnathome on Sat May 13, 2006 4:56 pm

From imdb

Xomby wrote:Imagine the worst possible movie you could ever watch. Now imagine something a million times as bad. You now have a movie that is about half as bad as The Dungeonmaster.

So is it any good :lol:
It's life Jim, but not as we know it!
johnathome
the Angry Klingon

Return to General