Cloaking No Longer just For Romulans

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Cloaking No Longer just For Romulans

Postby maxpayne2409 on Fri May 26, 2006 12:22 am

We Knew it would'nt be long (and we've all seen the videos of that japanese guy in his Cloak Mac thingy), but now the bbc officially announce its being planned to be tested

The BBC wrote:Researchers in the US and Britain have unveiled their blueprints for building a cloaking device.
So far, cloaking has been confined to science fiction; in Star Trek it is used to render spacecraft invisible.

Professor Sir John Pendry says a simple demonstration model that could work for radar might be possible within 18 months' time.

Full Article Here

Nerds everywhere rejoice as the ability to reconstruct star trek ship battles with romulans more accurately becomes ever closer (as does the ability to peek into the girls changing rooms at the local swimming baths)
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby TeKHeD on Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:56 pm

hell of a good excuse - "why weren't you at work today???" - "i was i was wearing my personal cloaking device so you couldn't see me " :mrgreen:
TeKHeD
42?

Postby El Mariachi on Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:11 am

"Where's me pen?"

You must have cloaked it again, you f00
"Spectacular stunt my friends, but all for not... turn around please, what a pity what a pity." - gay officer in Spaceballs
"It has zombies in it, how can you not give a crap?" - Spud
El Mariachi
The Ninth Passenger

Return to General