Any alternitives for DvD-Decrypter yet?

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Any alternitives for DvD-Decrypter yet?

Postby Jynks on Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:48 pm

Are there any good alternitive things to DVD deycrypter yet?

Has some one taken over the coding of that app? Can you still download it from somwhere?

??
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby spudthedestroyer on Fri Jun 16, 2006 5:24 pm

DVDfab decrypter, just processes though and removes copyright
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby TeKHeD on Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:08 pm

yeah you can get anything on the mule just have a search for it , i have a copy i bagged a few months ago
TeKHeD
42?

Postby Jynks on Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:23 am

lol your a commie kitten
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby dinky on Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:18 am

Jynks wrote:lol your a commie kitten

:lol:
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby packy on Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:01 am

anydvd also works
packy
Red Shirted Trekker

Postby Gem]n[ on Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:35 am

I personally still use DVDShrink ... unless I get stuck with the Sony Copyprotection then I hunt for a DVDDecypter PSL file ... or use another app to bypass it ...

I USED to DVDDecrypt the DVD first then DVDShrink'd it ... but since DVDShrink does everything now, in one go, seems silly to pass it through 2 different apps ...

Had no problems whatsoever with DVDDecrypter or DVDShrink ...

cheers,

:D
Gem]n[
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby spudthedestroyer on Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:19 am

you mean you use dvddecrypter then re-encode with DVDshrink?
What are your other hobbies, anal penetration with barbed wire and aids drinking? :lol:

DVDShrink is the biggest pile of shit i've ever used for encoding, I'm flabbergasted that people drone on and on about it. Really, at fh, hhah and here there must be millions of threads where someone says dvdshrink in the same topic as good, and my jaw just drops :lol: I think they just cornered the newbie market early on, and people just haven't been quick off the mark in realising how like the inside of an ass the encodes look.

So I think at this point, GOOD must be highlighted from the first post :lol: Of course for the purpose of this thread, it is actually okay, DVDshrink does feature stripping and removal of macrovision and other nasties without much problem. But by the sounds of it your recommending its use to re-encode and this, unfrotunately, is where DVDshrinks performance is just below pathetic in the spud-o-meter of shittiness :lol:

DVDshrink for stripping out bits and bobs perhaps, but letting it transcode the video just means you really don't have any regard for quality. There's less blocks in all the worlds lego reserves combined, more duplo in terms of size too. Replace that pos app with DVDrebuilder using CCE for re-encoding and you'll get far better end quality. I'm annoyed that one of my friends used dvshrink on some encodes he did for me because they really do look bad next to DVDrebuilder or even other transcoders.

erm, lets all take it you mean you only use dvdshrink for stripping out features adn copyright, and you then further go on to re-encode in something less shitty. :wacky:

DVD shrink? *SPUD SMASH* :)
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby Jynks on Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:03 am

I think he measn to dycrypt not to reencode....
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby Gem]n[ on Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:51 am

Nope Spud's right ... I USED to use it to re-encode :mrgreen: ...

Bugger now I gotta learn a new app ...

I hear what you are saying mate ... I just wanted to copy my DVDs quickly ... can't be asked to sit and wait a whole hour just to do 1 movie ...

Using CCE must take ages to rerender the video, no? ...

Luckily though most of the DVDs I have done have been older (or low budget) movies that didn't need reencoding because they were under the 4.36Gb in the first place ... once I stripped out the shit ... also I only Rip the movie (with audio) and SUBs nothing else ... the movies that needed reencoding I found were fine at around 75% compression ....they have been very good though ... any less and it starts to get blocky ... and I am normally quite fussy about the quality ...

I will give some other apps a try ... I know my mate uses DVDFab but I havn't seen the results ...

cheers,

Gem

:D
Gem]n[
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby Jynks on Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:50 pm

DVDREBUILDER!!!!!!! I am sure spud said it but like i read all the crap that he bollocks on with :P
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby dinky on Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:40 pm

I haven't used a one-touch app for dvds in a long time (and you really shouldn't, since dif4u + scenaid + cce is actually more automated than a GK encode). and now that double-layer dvds are down $1 and less, I can't even be arsed to do that.

anyway, the last time I did use the one-touchers, pinnacle's app was the most effective and had a pretty easy interface. but dvdshrink had an amazingly easy interface, which I gather seduces n00bs into using it more. it also used to be a free app. dunno if it still is. but it is very good for editing ifo files for those who don't actually know how and omitting streams (i.e., remove copyright notices, PUOs, etc.)
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:22 pm

DVDrebuilder is one click if you want it to be, but its a frontend for CCE, so you really got the best of both worlds.

You just process your DVD to a folder, i use a drive e:\DVDr\TITLE\VIDEO_TS, so you can still use dvdshrink to process. Then you set that folder as source, and hit rebuild and you get a far higher quality result than dvdshrink.

Its slower than transcoders, but it has batch mode so you can do 1, or 50 discs if you choose, which means actually, it works out faster if you queue stuff up :)

I have two machines so emule apps, re-encoding, etc. times aren't really a problem. I know that's not the case for everyone.

DVDrebuilder pro does have stream ommission features btw, not as easy as dvdshrink, but you don't get legoland when you encode so it works out for the best.

Just make sure if you use DVDshrink to make sure you don't re-encode, just strip out what you don't want, rip, and then let DVDrebuilder do the re-encoding. Best of both worlds.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Return to General