Boll Fights For His Right To Make... "Films"

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Boll Fights For His Right To Make... "Films"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat Jun 24, 2006 2:45 am

IMDB wrote:Filmmaker Challenges Critics to All-Out Brawl

German horror director Uwe Boll is so fed up with receiving bad reviews from movie critics he is challenging his detractors to a filmed fight. Boll, whose movies Alone In The Dark and House Of The Dead are based on video games, says he will fly his critics to meet him and will then fight them in a boxing ring. The filmmaker is incensed by an online petition which has 13,327 signatures of people asking him to stop making movies. Boll, who has also invited Roger Avary and Quentin Tarantino to join his fight, plans to air the fights on the internet. He the plans to edit clips into his latest film Postal. Boll says, "I'm fed up with people slamming my films without seeing them. Many journalists make value judgments on my films based on the opinions of one or two thousand internet voices. Half of those opinions come from people who've never watched my films. If critics want to bring Uwe Boll down, here is their chance to physically bring him down and have the entire world watch them do it."

Quoted from IMDB

:lol: everything Uwe Boll does to try and defend his movies jsut gets funnier and funnier, so he may put clips from his fights into his latest movie Postal... it won't achieve anything as no-one watches his movies anymore anyway :lol:

i think this is news link worthy
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:06 am

Yeah he said that quite a while ago now.

I don't think he quite understands that punching someone doesn't detere from the fact that people think his movies are terrible, and more over, people think his movies are terrible because they are terrible :lol:

:lol:

I've been told off for "picking on Boll", that is pointing out how terrible I find his movies in his movie threads, by someone at hhah so i won't put it in the news system. I will if someone accepts his challenge.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:08 am

somebody at hhah really has that low a standard about themselves? :o

are you sure it wasn't actually Uwe Boll himself who signed up to get his own back at you? :lol:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:29 pm

i did ask that but no, since they are coherant and sensible for the most part :lol:

Is perplexing though :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:47 pm

they must've been drunk, high, reanimated corpses, or from an alternate dimension where Uwe Boll is the best director known to mankind... scary dimension
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby demoz on Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:05 pm

Boll should be shot on sight if you see uwe B kill that bastard, ruining perfectly good concepts, damn how can a man use olaf ittenbach for sfx in bloodrayne, screw up alone in the dark and now he's going for farcry and god knows what the man plan's to ruin next i bet they will all be craptastic stinking shitty cinematic experiences worse than fucking eighties charles band movies.

has the man even seen his own movies their the worst fucking horror sci fi fantasy crap since that utter and complete turd called deungons and dragons.

Ooh i have an idea for Uwe film your own death that would make a film i actually would watch stop making movies already Uwe you stink.

Gimme some lego and 20 liters of pigsblood and some butugly cgi and i would make a better movie. At least my actors will physically stink when i'm through with them ever smelled one week old pigsblood smells better than B.

Never pay for uwe boll movies bacause his next movie could be your fault! Be warned!
demoz
Skutter

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:26 pm

someone has issues lol
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:36 am

i dunno, i hate the fact everyone goes on about boll at all. its not even funny, he's movies just suck and not in a good way, he's wrecked many franchises and its just kind of fustrating he gets to make movies
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby Jynks on Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:21 pm

It's now official: Uwe Boll is untalented, batshit AND an attention whore.

He's has had enough snark. German filmmaker Uwe Boll announced he is willing to take on the haters. In a boxing ring. With gloves. (Read: he's nuts.)

"I am fed up," said the chowderheaded director. "I'm fed up with people slamming my films on the Internet without see[ing] them. Many journalists make value judgments on my films based on the opinions of one or two thousand Internet voices. Half of those opinions come from people who've never watched my films."

During the filming of game studio Running with Scissors' Postal title, Chowderhead will personally go mano-a-mano with his biggest detractors in boxing matches that will be used in the film. Because as everyone knows, when you can't verbally outwit someone, it's just better to beat them up. The logic astonishes.

We only wish we had the imagination to make this up. Excerpts from the batshit insane press release after the jump.

Towards the end of the filming of Postal, the five most outspoken critics will be flown into Vancouver and supplied with hotel rooms. As a guest of Uwe Boll they will be given the chance to be an extra/stand-in in Postal and have the opportunity to put on boxing gloves and enter a BOXING RING to fight Uwe Boll. Each critic will have the opportunity to bring down Uwe in a 10-bout match. There will be five matches planned over the last two days of the movie. Certain scenes from these boxing matches will become part of the Postal movie. All five fights will be televised on the Internet and will be covered by international press.

Who's eligible?

To be eligible you must be a critic who has posted on the Internet or have written in magazines/newspapers at least two extremely negative articles in the year 2005. Critics of 2006 will not be considered.

Folks between 140 and 190 pounds, send an email to info@boll-kg.de and help Uwe prove that he isn't a bad filmmaker through physical violence.
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:41 pm

erm yeah jynks, thanks for pointing out whats already been pointed out a thousand million zillion times, i challenge you to a fight in a boxing ring :lol:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby Jynks on Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:18 pm

I just really liked the tone of the guy that wrote that artical.
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Return to General