AutoGknot ... NOT ... Help with this app please ...

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

AutoGknot ... NOT ... Help with this app please ...

Postby Gem]n[ on Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:46 am

Hi guys,

I ripped and converted APEX over the weekend ... came out bloody brilliant but it only converted to 989mb instead of 1400 that I requested ...

Why???

I thought the whole point of 'Auto' was to do what you requested automatically ... I selected 1/3 DVD ...

Using version 2.27 ... and I got a few DVDs to rip for us :mrgreen:

cheers,

Gem

:D
Gem]n[
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby Jynks on Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:59 am

I have moved on to manula GK but i rmeeber whne playing with autoGK i had a prob like this once..

Go into advanced and set your own width for the avi
Also select your own sound, either original, mp3 vbr etc etc

This will allow autoGK to make a better ditermination on file size.
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby Gem]n[ on Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:24 am

Thanks Jynks,

I'll give that a go ... manual is the way to go with GK ... I'll have to learn that me thinks ...

cheers,

Gem

:D
Gem]n[
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby dinky on Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:32 pm

I was still having difficulties with regular GK in the filesize department. the interface was telling me that I was getting about as good an encode as the codec would allow, but the filesize was off: 1,401 MB (or 1,435,554 KB or 1,470,007,296 bytes). movie was original sin unrated. not a particularly short movie. ac3 sound. couldn't increase the resolution anymore without actually blowing it up beyond 100%. actually, I think it was 105%. I'm not sure you're going to see better calculation from GK is my point. although it's certainly easier to customize the stream than autogk
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:24 pm

dinky wrote:I was still having difficulties with regular GK in the filesize department. the interface was telling me that I was getting about as good an encode as the codec would allow, but the filesize was off: 1,401 MB (or 1,435,554 KB or 1,470,007,296 bytes). movie was original sin unrated. not a particularly short movie. ac3 sound. couldn't increase the resolution anymore without actually blowing it up beyond 100%. actually, I think it was 105%. I'm not sure you're going to see better calculation from GK is my point. although it's certainly easier to customize the stream than autogk

Assuming your using the latest gknot, i think your problem is your codec. Get the latest Xvid for starters. Then you need to make sure the settings are configured.

If your still saturating the codec, set (for both passes), bvop ratio to 1.4 from 1.5 and the minimum quantisers to 1 from 2 (that's default, but you should set it to 2 and knock it to 1 if you get undersizing).

Never get undersizing when i do that.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby dinky on Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:33 am

yeah...uh...I should mention that I'm retarded for mpeg4 and all of my settings were per emoboy's request. :D

(codec was up-to-date though)
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby Gem]n[ on Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:00 am

Hi Jynks,

Meant to reply with a thanks ... what you suggested worked a treat mate ... as you will see in the releases :mrgreen:
Gem]n[
Owns a Genesis Device

Return to General