All my downloads just disapeared???

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

All my downloads just disapeared???

Postby Jynks on Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:27 am

All the downloads in the que in my emule have just disapeared??? The temp folder is still huge but all the file that were not completed are no longer in my download list. I have tried closing rebooting and opening the application but they are not showing up?

Any ideas?
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby mxyzptlk on Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:33 am

you checked if the path for the temp folder is still correct?

kill feed repeat
mxyzptlk
The Ninth Passenger

Postby spudthedestroyer on Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:02 am

spudthedestroyer wrote:Well if its not that, i think its more likely a very, very old problem with edonkey2000 right through to emule.

Firstly:
Warning: do not keep opening and closing emule.

Your computer crashed/lost power whilst saving the part.met files and their contents are corrupted.

1) go to your temp folder
2) copy all the part.* and part.*.* to a folder inside your temp folder called backup
3) delete all your part.met files
4) rename all your part.met.bak files removing the .bak
5) reboot emule

hopefully you've not overwritten your backed up saves by opening and closing emule over and over. I'm pretty sure the latest emule version should recover automatically if you get the "invalid part.met version" error though.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Return to General