Convert MKV

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Postby dinky on Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:21 am

El Mariachi wrote:yeah, I would even buy an X-Box then.

:lol:
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:41 am

don't bother... i want the prices to come down even more by xmas so i can buy them as presents for people :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby Jynks on Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:26 am

mxyzptlk wrote:looked a few things up for ya,this is how it(should)work they said

1 demux video +audio with mkvextract
2 mux video+audio to avi with avimux

hope it works for ya :wink:

I'll give this a go but am not sure it will work I thnk it is a processing prblem on the Xbox. It just can not decode thiscrap formate properly... I still do not know why my Vdub dosn't load it.. with any luck after it is turned into the AVI it will load. I would most prefer just to recode it as a xvid
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby Jynks on Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:38 am

Nup that dosn't owrk nice try though... once you extarct the files you can not load the Track1.h264 file into aviMux..... it also can load the mkv but can not remux it as a avi....
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby mxyzptlk on Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:05 am

sorry,did my best :wink:

will keep looking

kill feed repeat
mxyzptlk
The Ninth Passenger

Postby Gem]n[ on Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:04 pm

^Rogue^ wrote:
spudthedestroyer wrote:alternatively you can upgrade your player to a modified xbox and you won't need to.

I knew that he was gonna say that. :mrgreen:

Well if he didn't I would've done ...

I hate MKV with a passion ... what's the point ... ... Thanks but I don't want to know ... :D
Gem]n[
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby Gem]n[ on Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:14 pm

mxyzptlk wrote:h264 is a quicktimecodec,for some reason they start to use it more & more nowadays

You'll find it's the most common codec now used for mobile phone video ...

spudthedestroyer wrote:

don't bother... i want the prices to come down even more by xmas so i can buy them as presents for people :lol:

They're about £20-30 in the Adverts of our local paper ... grabbed 2 the other month and then chipped the puppies ...
Gem]n[
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby spudthedestroyer on Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:03 pm

grabbed 2 the other month and then chipped the puppies ...

no point wasting money on chips imo, for the price of a bit of wire, an official memory card and mechassault (£15) you can 'chip' unlimited times :)

or did you mean softmod? :mrgreen:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby Gem]n[ on Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:22 pm

spudthedestroyer wrote:no point wasting money on chips imo, for the price of a bit of wire, an official memory card and mechassault (£15) you can 'chip' unlimited times :)

or did you mean softmod? :mrgreen:

Nope not SoftMOD ... (spits to ground) ... :mrgreen:

Well the chips are only £17.5 each (ok I get 10 at a time) and they are the rolls royce Xecuter 2.6 CE ... nothing better does ALL versions ... I've done approx 45 Xboxes and they've been superb ... no problems whatsoever and they run EVERYTHING i have thrown at it ... games, video & homebrew ... love the new XBMC ... best thing designed for the Xbox ... wish they had something like that for the PSP ... :D

I must admit I havn't looked into THAT MOD though ... does that work on ALL versions? ... also does that mean you buy the Memory card & game once or for each Xbox you MOD? ...
Gem]n[
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby spudthedestroyer on Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:51 pm

yes, its IDENTICAL functionality to the end point user. Your spitting on the ground but it sounds like you've never tried it? Well actually for no money you get exactly the same thing without even taking off the case, so you might want to gather that spit back up :lol:

Softmod works all versions and provides the same functionality as a chip without even opening the box. Its quicker to mod, cheaper to mod, and imo better than wasting your money on a chip each time. A chip is completely unnessacary unless your fitting an lcd, or a switch for LIVE (not that i have any interest in live) or something like that imo, and most of the stuff you can still do like switching out your hdd for a bigger one. So modchips are a complete waste of money if you ask me. They are only needed if the person your modding for is a complete retard, or wants an lcd or live functionality. otherwise its a waste of £17.50 + time :(

As i said, you only buy the stuff once since you just modify the software ;) Its an internet exploit, you send a linux os to the xbox, then ftp over your replacement dash. Once the startup dash is replaced, you now have a completely modified xbox that will play any game and you can install any dash you desire; xbmc, etc.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby elguaxo on Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:25 pm

@Jynks

The problem in this case is not MKV (the container), but the codec of the video: H264. XBox can play MKV and H264, but if you use CABAC and Deblocking while encoding with H264 (x264, MPEG4-AVC, ITU H264), XBox has not enough CPU power to handle it. LionShare confirmed that this video was encoded using these features (CABAC and Deblocking). The only solution would be 'transcoding' to XviD.

A mayor improvement would be XBMC using CoreAVC, but it seems this won't happen anytime soon: http://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php?p=8 ... count=1197

VdubMod has no support for MKV/H264. I don't know if it can open a 'raw' H264 file, but if you just want to open the video in VDM to make a XviD version, you can use the option 'Open video File via AviSynth...'. First, you must make an .AVS file like this (do it with your NOTEPAD and save it with the extension AVS):

Code: Select all
#ASYNTHER DirectShowSource
DirectShowSource("c:\videos\Hellraiser.-.Renascido.do.Inferno.[1987].[Anamorphic-DVDRIP.WS.H264].[AC3.5.1.EN.].[3.Sub.BR.ES.EN.].by.Lion.F!N4LShare.mkv", fps=23.976)

With this AVS file you can open the this MKV/H264 file with VDM and use it as normal AVS source for an XviD encode.
elguaxo
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby ^Rogue^ on Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:12 am

Back on topic (in a way). I'm ordering this tomorrow:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0002MGZAA/

If you ask nicely and swear allegiance to me I might consider making some nice HQ AFRs. :wink:
^Rogue^
The Ninth Passenger

Postby spudthedestroyer on Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:21 am

I already got it, so have most people at hhah i'd imagine :wacky:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby dinky on Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:17 am

I would rather pay $200 for a pre-modded (XBMC) xbox than dance around ordering the shit. the game is a lot less than 15 pounds here, though. it was only $9.99 brand new from amazon.com. the memory "stick" thing was another $20.99, however.

anyway, I know it's sad, but...well...I downed all the software and read the instructions thoroughly and even loaded up my amazon.com cart. but I just couldn't pull the trigger. felt like a pain in the ass. although I have to admit, my problems with the process at this point aren't that it's overly complicated. but buying the stuff makes a "30-minute job" more like 2 weeks, and it suddenly becomes less interesting (it would be a few hours job if I wasn't completely lazy and bought the equipment at the local store :lol:).

are you sure there wasn't something about soft-modded boxes not playing dvd-r games and only mod-chipped ones with a certain dvd-drive could?
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby Jynks on Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:28 am

feel free to release it though emule needs i high qual avi of those flicks :)

elguaxo wrote:The problem in this case is not MKV (the container), but the codec of the video: H264. XBox can play MKV and H264, but if you use CABAC and Deblocking while encoding with H264 (x264, MPEG4-AVC, ITU H264), XBox has not enough CPU power to handle it.

yar that is exactly it. The thing is that I have had this prob b4 and I just loaded the thing in VdubM and then converted it into a XviD. But I can not seam to do that in this case..... any ideas?
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby spudthedestroyer on Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:22 am

the memory "stick" thing was another $20.99, however.

£7 on ebay.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Previous

Return to General