File Heaven probs?

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

File Heaven probs?

Postby Gem]n[ on Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:51 pm

Anyone having probs with FH ... ??
Gem]n[
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby Jynks on Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:57 pm

yar it is down
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby Gem]n[ on Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:02 pm

Thanks mate ... just checking it wasn't me :D ...
Gem]n[
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby dinky on Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:21 pm

likewise. :cry:
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby ripe on Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:40 pm

Indeed :cry:
ripe
Skutter

Postby valja on Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:50 pm

Any news? :o
valja
Having trouble with tribbles

Postby dinky on Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:42 am

I'm sure there's something posted on IRC. I just can't be arsed to fire-up the drive my irc client is on. :lol:
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:17 am

dinky cheated in the elimination came too much and the sides of the fh server buckled.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby dinky on Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:07 pm

I thought about mocking you for that as well, but I decided on a more likely culprit: my nefarious plan/collaboration with death_hillarious to turn the world cup thread into a defense of baseball as a superior sport.
:twisted:
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:00 am

well that's retarded too, given how desperately shit baseball is. i can't believe anyone would be that retarded to enjoy baseball more than football. ;)

baseball has to be one of the most boring sports on the planet.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby Jynks on Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:01 am

come on.. cricket.... I say no moer O_<
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby spudthedestroyer on Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:35 am

spudthedestroyer wrote:one of the most boring

Cricket is another one. All of the bat and ball sports are pretty damn crappy to watch.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby dinky on Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:36 pm

notice posted on irc channel:
'Site is down. We're trying to contact our hosting company. Keep in track we hope to be back on track asap'

re bat-and-ball sports: it is definitely an acquired/cultural taste. however (and this is the real kicker for american jocks), you can play baseball in-season and american football in-season as well, which means you get to mock the soccer players for being, in the immortal words of cartman, gay homosexuals who are too delicate to play american football.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:19 pm

erm?
:lol:

Here they play Football from august, through winter to summer. I thought every country played that way, but obviously another thing americans fail to comprehend and fag up. Nobody plays football in the summer... well i suppose in africa or something it doesn't make much difference.

The real ironic thing is that the rest of the world call americans gay homesexuals because you actually play american football at all :lol: Padded nancies.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby dinky on Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:52 am

the "seasons" are predicated by the school. there are three seasons: fall, winter, spring. in the US, soccer, football and cross country are the main fall sports. winter is pretty much basketball, indoor track, some regions hockey. spring is baseball, track & field, lacrosse.

soccer, like basketball, lacrosse, baseball and track & field, are played year-round in various youth leagues.

football is not year-round because it is, pads notwithstanding, so punishing. :P

anymore word on fh?
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:08 am

i agree with spud, american football is so faggy, the msot padding you get in real football is a pair of shinguards made of thin plastic, same goes for rugby, yet american football they could go one on one with a terminator with adequate protection, but of course first they would have to go for him, stop 2 seconds later, line up again, move another few inches, stop and line up again proceed a few mo........... sorry fell asleep of boredom there
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby dinky on Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:34 am

having spent many years playing both sports, I can confidently say that american football is FAR more punishing than soccer. but I suspect you already knew that and wanted to get a rise outta me. I get it. you don't like american football. anyway...

the padding, quite literally, keeps you alive. shin guards don't keep you alive. talk about rugby all you want. but putting a rugby player in an american football game without so much as a helmet is suicide. that's not hyperbole. now, you wanna talk about non-life threatening injuries, play 15 games of american football and 15 games of soccer. then tell me which sport is likely to rack-up the most broken bones, sheared tendons, separated appendages? the answer, of course, is american football. that's why they only manage one game per week while soccer teams play 2 sometimes three games per week. hell, three games a day in a tourny. american footballers are generally, bigger, stronger and dumber (speed is pretty evenly distributed). but calling a football player gay is like walking up to the Rock and calling him a fucking sissy. he may be fucking his sister, but there's no doubt he could fold you up in a box and kick you into next week.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:47 am

that is the most retarded reply i have ever heard, so much so that i will just leave you to stand in the crowd yelling "that there be ma boy" and drinking your watered down pussy beer (yet another thing americans swear is better) :lol:

incidently i wasn't just after a rise out of you, i was just stating a fact known the world over..... btw the world is all that land outside of american terrortory (and thats no typo)
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby Gem]n[ on Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:58 am

Fileheaven still down then? ... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Gem]n[
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby ripe on Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:39 pm

I'm afraid so, have to get the new stargate eps from kwaitek I guess.
ripe
Skutter

Next

Return to General