What are the top eD2k Sites around??

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

What are the top eD2k Sites around??

Postby Jynks on Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:29 pm

What do you think are the best ed2k and BT sites about? List them here

ED2k

FH
Dead-Donkey
Sci-Donkey
comic-central
manga-reactor
anidb

BT
Mininova
piratebay
torrentspy
newnova
demioid

Any others of interest? Posyt ones taht require registration... just trying to braoden my link list :)
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby Jynks on Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:52 pm

Also you guys know any other cool sites like kloofy? Though with more than just asian subs?
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:55 pm

To be honest, i only use hhah, fh, nzbrus and binsinfo for the most part :) BT I've found increasingly irrelevant since switching to an isp with newsgroups, i get the same stuff faster and with no upload to impeded on emule. :)

However, i do browse The Horror Charnel but that's a closed registration ratio torrent site dealie. Some very nice stuff though although there's a few dud rips floating around as there is on most private torrent sites (a ratio building thing i assume).
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:56 pm

Jynks wrote:Also you guys know any other cool sites like kloofy? Though with more than just asian subs?

and another boring answer to this, no :( I tend to resort to requesting for subs if i can't find them at kloofys.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby mxyzptlk on Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:04 pm

irc is also very good for the latest tvshows,& by that I mean fast downloads from fserves & ircbots

kill feed repeat
mxyzptlk
The Ninth Passenger

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sun Jul 16, 2006 7:00 pm

I loathe irc, all that queuing and nannying... its like devolving 10 years :lol:

Thank god its unneeded these days (I won't say obsolete, since obviously people still use it :) )
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby mxyzptlk on Sun Jul 16, 2006 7:53 pm

I mostly get my stargate & bsg from irc;the bots there are quite fast nowadays,have had speeds up to 3000kbps in the past so...

& obviously since I'm also a fansubber;I also get my anime from there :wink:

kill feed repeat
mxyzptlk
The Ninth Passenger

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:11 pm

3000kb/s is cool compared to, say emule, but newsgroups should be line max all the time since its a direct connection to your providers servers. You use news too right?

I've not checked for anime on news before so i don't know the wealth available, i know that in terms of new releases of every other kind its pretty much the time it takes to upload after release +a couple of indexing hours if you wait for nzbs (which i do).

I used to use irc for new releases, say like lexx when that was still on or even way back when GTA3 was released on the pc... but i'm happy to say its long been dead for me and i'd hate to go back to it. To annoying and slow, and I've never liked irc.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby mxyzptlk on Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:26 pm

well,it's prolly a matter of taste,you like a prog or you don't.but as I said,when it comes to anime,99% of the subgroups have their own chan with bots so they always release the stuff there first.& since it's part of what I do,I'm used to irc by now...of course it helps a bit to be a chan op :wink:

about newsgroups:I haven't tried them so far,coz till now,I've always foud all the stuff I wanted on the mule,torrent,irc & a private ftp here & there.but I'll prolly try it eventually :wink:

kill feed repeat
mxyzptlk
The Ninth Passenger

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:53 pm

An unused newsgroup resource is a wasted resource, there's people that would kill to gain access. :lol: My last ip switch was pretty much solely based on newsgroup support.

I would strongly suggest looking into it, I've found people avoiding it because they weren't quite sure how it worked (since obviously, nnpt is an older protocol than http or irc), particularly since it would probably eliminate torrent largely from the equation which means you can run emule + a newgroup application automated without interfering with each other (although i'm guessing you've got over the top line speed though so maybe that's not an issue like it is for me). I run them on a remote machine and just click links, no need for nannying or anything which is a great timesaver.

Anyway, as mentioned i use two resources, nzsbrus:
http://www.nzbsrus.com/browse.php
and binsearch.info:
http://www.binsearch.info/index.php?adv_sort=date
http://www.binsearch.info/groups.php

That's enough to get started, that and a nzb client :)

edit:
plenty of busy anime newsgroups:
http://www.binsearch.info/browse.php?bg ... ries.anime
http://www.binsearch.info/browse.php?bg ... edia.anime
http://www.binsearch.info/browse.php?bg ... .highspeed
http://www.binsearch.info/browse.php?bg ... ime.repost
http://www.binsearch.info/browse.php?bg ... tica.anime
http://www.binsearch.info/browse.php?bg ... ures.anime
http://www.binsearch.info/browse.php?bg ... .dvd.anime (full dvds)
http://www.binsearch.info/browse.php?bg ... ime.repost (full dvds)

That should get you started if you take the plunge, i use newsbin but any nzb handling app should surfice :)
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby mxyzptlk on Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:03 pm

ain't no app that I can't use :wink:

kill feed repeat
mxyzptlk
The Ninth Passenger

Postby spudthedestroyer on Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:41 am

you've not used Rational Rose then... no one can use that piece of shit, it uses you! :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby Jynks on Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:48 am

Well wat isa good New Group binary leecher? I have played with them years ago but always had the problem of the files always ending up incomplete. Sepsh large things like DVDrs.

Also any other thoughts on how to attain Subtittles? Somthign like Klooffy?
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby mxyzptlk on Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:08 am

spudthedestroyer wrote:you've not used Rational Rose then... no one can use that piece of shit, it uses you! :lol:

so it's a bit like a wife then? :wink:

kill feed repeat
mxyzptlk
The Ninth Passenger

Postby spudthedestroyer on Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:54 pm

Jynks wrote:Well wat isa good New Group binary leecher? I have played with them years ago but always had the problem of the files always ending up incomplete. Sepsh large things like DVDrs.

Also any other thoughts on how to attain Subtittles? Somthign like Klooffy?

newsbin hasn't ever given me problems. set it up on a remote pc, subscribe to no newsgroups, just fill in your details and then told it to scan a network share for nzbs.

Go to an index site, save the nzb to that directory and it starts.

Later, i switch to that pc, if there's any red parts you right click and hit "retry download" and it usually downloads the red parts. If it doesn't after 4 or 5 times then its probably not got that post on my free newsgroups so i force autocomplete and delete. If i do that, i'll probably need a par to replace the missing bit (doulbe click the par2 file and it tells you and repairs it).

Very easy.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby tony1972 on Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:00 pm

Ed2ks sharevirus.com tvunderground.org Ed2k.somee.com fucktheinter.net reg with this one.
tony1972
Red Shirted Trekker

Postby Malignus on Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:59 am

Could anyone post a link to FH? I'd like to check them. Maybe people from their forum could grant some of my requests...
Malignus
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby Jynks on Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:48 am

doc is is mirroring your colection on there for you... FH has a clased door policy.. it open up a few times a year for new members... you can not browse it with out a usr. Spud normaly announces when FH is taking new members so keep an eye peeled here for that
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby Malignus on Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:56 am

Naaah, I'm not that interested. :wink:
Malignus
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby luke_skywalker on Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:55 pm

www.osloskop.net
www.osiolek.com

but they're mostly in polish
For over thousand generations Jedi knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the old republic... before the dark times... before the Empire...
luke_skywalker
Red Shirted Trekker

Return to General