Stargate SG1 200th episode (SO FUNNY)

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Stargate SG1 200th episode (SO FUNNY)

Postby Jynks on Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:08 am

The latest ep of stargate sg1 is so good.. I tink everyone should go watch it even if you hate the show :) In fact i think hating the show may even make this ep better!!

A SAVAGE pisstake on stargate and scifi in genral, Trek, Farscape, film making, script writing, actors, writers, and a host of other tv kinda things all get given a great big kick in the ass as a joke.

I posted this here instead of in the scifi series section as i know a lot of you do not watch sg1... i really think you guys should take a look at this one!!

ed2k: Stargate.SG-1.S10E06.200.WS.DSR.XviD-DIMENSION.avi  [350.23 Mb] [Stats]
torrent:Stargate SG-1 10x06 (DSRip-DIMENSION)[VTV]
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:20 pm

I'll check it out, i've seen a few of those episodes you get in a long running show where they take an alternative viewpoint on the goings on of the main characters, like the Cops episode in Xfiles or the janitor's point of view in Babylon 5. In fact, they usually work well.

I've seen a few episodes of SG1 where they did the same kind of thing. Like where they make a stargate tv series in the series. I'm just not been a fan of the series though (I'm not a hater, i just don't see the point), its got no long term appeal for me and its very isolated / per episode. That's all. I stuck with it through the early series and all but i missed some episodes and it didn't seem like a big deal. I don't like that, if i miss something I want it to feel like i really have missed something, but i just don't understand how they got to 6 or 7 series, let alone 10. :lol: I guess its the light-wider appeal the show got by being so isolated and less demanding. ie. if you miss a show, no big deal.

I'm not sure about your 'savage' pisstake line, but there's plenty of room for self-reflection and parody in the genre. Is McGyver in it?

I'll report back anyhow :)
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby Jynks on Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:24 pm

I've seen a few episodes of SG1 where they did the same kind of thing. Like where they make a stargate tv series in the series.

This eps is in act te "sequal" to that ep.
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby spudthedestroyer on Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:03 am

cool, well i know xfiles did the same thing a long, long time ago now, and it probably copied off someone else.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby dinky on Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:44 pm

tvguide.com wrote: Sci Fi Closes the 'Gate
Gee, was the 200th episode's Wizard of Oz spoof that bad? Stargate SG-1, the longest-running sci-fi series in TV history, will end its journey after the final episodes of its 10-year run are completed, Variety reports. Mark Stern, exec VP of original programming for Sci Fi Channel (which picked up the saga from Showtime in 2002), tells Variety the axing "was not a ratings-driven decision," though total viewership has slipped by more than a half-million, to 1.95 mil, since 1Q 2005. "We're actually going out on a high note," Stern insists, noting that the production staff has been afforded time to bring the series to a proper conclusion and tie up all loose ends. Sister show Stargate Atlantis, still going strong in its own third season, is unaffected by the cancellation, and in fact will absorb some of the SG-1 cast members.

underlined/italicized bit cracked me up.
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:38 am

lol, well its downloading, but i was on the "i dunno, jynks sounds to be really overselling this one" wagon. :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby Jynks on Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:39 am

:P Come on after watching 10 years of SG1 I think I can be excused if i LIKE an episode for a change :)
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby wargand on Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:54 am

I did not like this ep. at all. Boring filler.
wargand
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby ripe on Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:00 am

I liked it too, eventhough it was a bit on the boring side.
Sure is funny, 200th episode, gets more ratings than earlier and it get's canceled, only half a season of SG-1 to go.
SGA gets renewed for another season and perhaps another spin off with even a movie in the works (speculating there) see gateworld.net.
ripe
Skutter

Postby Jynks on Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:53 am

it was hillarious... filler ... filler of what Sg1's story went out the window ages ago.. I just loved the way it paid out stelf.. spesh the bit when they replace all the actors with yong "edgy" version of themselves and then after that switch to 30 somthing soap opera style actors.. HAHAHA
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby dinky on Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:20 pm

follow-up to previous day's news...
[quote="tvguide.com"] Stargate Update: It's "Not Necessarily" the End
As part of an in-depth interview with TV Guide magazine, Stargate SG-1 exec producer Brad Wright reveals that while Sci Fi Channel may have announced the series' end after its 10th season wraps up, the show might go on. Promising "a very satisfying end to the season," Wright tells us that the finale is "not necessarily an end to SG-1 by any means." While Wright's ideal is to take SG-1 back to the big screen, a string of TV-movies �?
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:11 pm

I have to say, i watched it, and i thought it was terrible. I mean really bad. I turned it off, and watch an episode of the simpsons that i'd already seen about 50 times. I rarely turn something off.
If this is what Stargate is like now, I'm glad its cancelled. Sloppy writing, not particularly funny either, and not a very good parody of anything. It was embarassing.

What pissed me off the most is the utter waste of Ben Browder and Claudia Black, is this what this show is using them for week in and week out? That's just messed up.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby Jynks on Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:13 am

lol.. d'oh guess i am alone in this thread :) rofl
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:32 pm

can't win them all, and i left that episode with the same opinion going in... i just don't think Stargate SG1 was/is very good :lol:

But as you know i don't like a lot of stuff that people like :)
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby dinky on Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:03 am

sg1 has always reminded me of what I like to call "my mom's sci-fi" like quantum leap, sentinal, sea quest...very watered-down so as to offend the least amount of people and skew to an older audience. iunno. just a hypothesis/working theory at this time.

anyway, that's kinda how I feel to it (or don't): numb.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Return to General