Help Needed on Tools

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Help Needed on Tools

Postby Osfratman on Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:30 am

Hi guys. I was wondering if someone can direct me in the right direction. Sorry for my ignorance on this topic. I had to give up e-donkey for obvious reasons. I have e-mule and Morpheus as my other tools.
Now when I click on one of the stargate links I get a box which is the external protocol request. It asks me to an external application must be launched to handle ed2k: links.
Now how can I have it work with my other tools so it launches when I hit the link.
Any help me great.

P.S. Love the site guys. :beerchug: :D
Osfratman
Red Shirted Trekker

Postby hagbard on Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:04 am

Have a look in your eMule Options under General: On the right side on the bottom, there is a button "ed2k links". If it is not greyed out, hit it. This should solve the problem.
hagbard
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby Osfratman on Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:00 pm

I wish it was that easy. :cry: My ed2k links is light grey and everytime I try do what you said no luck. The version I have is v0.47c. Is there an add on or do I need to do anything else :roll: :roll:
Osfratman
Red Shirted Trekker

Postby Black on Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:44 pm

In Emule, select option, select files and make sure there is a tick in the box marked "watch clipboard for ed2k file links". That should do it.
[]
Black
Having trouble with tribbles

Postby hagbard on Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:47 pm

hagbard
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby Osfratman on Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:26 pm

hagbrad thank you very much. Your link explan the problem and gave me the solution also. Its because I had e-donky and uninstalled it that everytime I try to link on an iteam it was trying to activate e-donkey which I do not have anymore.

Thanks guys for your help

Wayne :beerchug: :D
Osfratman
Red Shirted Trekker

Return to General