Movie of 2007...

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Movie of 2007...

Postby darknate on Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:46 pm

I'm going with the Transformers myself

:beerchug:
I can offer only guidance - there is no salvation from your own decadence. Power possessed strikes for your cause. The path, even now I've tainted, is your choice... human.

Everything goes dark...
https://www.trafford.com/06-0344
darknate
Red Shirted Trekker

Postby spudthedestroyer on Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:26 pm

:lol:

I highly doubt it, Transformers sounds like a complete train wreck. There'll probably be a non-hollywood, either independant or 'foreign' movie that will take the title. Probably, or it will be a movie that isn't being hyped up or anything :)
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby maxpayne2409 on Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:31 pm

we all know it's gonna be saw 7million and 2 :lol:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby dinky on Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:09 pm

which no doubt means they'll be making a scary movie 7million and 2.5 :(
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby darknate on Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:25 pm

you guys are funny... kinda...
I'm not giving up hope on transformers; it still has one of the best chances to be the biggest hit. That is, next to Spiderman 3, which i'm ashamed of myself for not mentioning as well. i bet venom won't show til the very end though.

:matrix: me
I can offer only guidance - there is no salvation from your own decadence. Power possessed strikes for your cause. The path, even now I've tainted, is your choice... human.

Everything goes dark...
darknate
Red Shirted Trekker

Postby maxpayne2409 on Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:28 pm

transformers.... spiderman 3..... tell me nate, did you perhaps really really really love Ultraviolet? starring Milla Jovovovovovovovovich
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby darknate on Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:40 pm

couldn't even finish it

Everything goes dark...
darknate
Red Shirted Trekker

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:42 am

ah so there is hope yet :lol:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Sat Oct 21, 2006 4:33 am

I'm actually really excited about spidey 3. but I just cannot fathom your delirium regarding transformers. have you seen the mock-ups of the transformers? do you know that first contact is made on F*&(*in6 Mars? do you know who the DIRECTOR is? and if so, did you actually LIKE armageddon or pearl harbor? did you not think the island could have been akin to the new bladerunner in competent hands? there is no hope for transformers to be a good movie. ffs! they're turning it into AvP but with a $100 million + budget. bumblebee looks like a fecking bionicle and starscream looks like an insecticon. I think I'd prefer watching the pos transformers: armada series. everything about this movie screams "prepare for the worst." and the fact that it has a laundry list of official writers doesn't exactly instill me with confidence either. it's a fecking paint-as-you-go production. typical michael bay.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby darknate on Sat Oct 21, 2006 4:45 am

Very good points... but i've seen some awesome graphics on those transformer commercials & the nfl on fox.
as far as the delirium... it's the transformers, man!! I'm more worried about the fact that on the movie site the statement way in the lead for Prime to say in the movie is: "do the bucket roll." That speaks volumes to any real comic fan or cartoon freak about the intended audience on the web & what they're looking for.

by the way, do think spidey 3 will end with the coming of Venom. This may be good because Venom will then have a whole movie to himself & this one could showcase the dark side of Spidey.

:beerchug:

Everything goes dark...
darknate
Red Shirted Trekker

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:56 am

so what your saying is you prefer flashy effects over any sort of true plot & story?
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:23 pm

it's not the coming of venom. venom is in it. topher grace is venom. and while they haven't completely ruled-out the possibility of a 4th film, this is likely the end of the current incarnation. kirsten dunst is not doing another. tobey macguire has all but confirmed that he's not coming back. and in an interview, raimi said that he didn't want to do an venom story yet but that the execs looked him in the eyes and said don't get greedy. you're probably not going to get another movie. if we're going to use venom, it's got to be now.

so yes, venom will feature prominately. but I have to imagine it will occur late cuz we clearly see spidey with the symbiote suit first, and he has to acquire</i> it, realize what he's become with it, then throw it away before we get to venom. the real question for me is how is sandman going to work. there are 3 frackin' super-villains in this one.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:49 pm

/me just looks at dinky's last post with a blank expression
On many levels, I'm soooooo glad I don't read comic books :lol:
:outsider:

:mrgreen:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat Oct 21, 2006 3:12 pm

i have to agree, while i've not really read much spiderman... by much i mean any, i have heard of venom and sandman and apart from knowing they are baddies i don't know who they are, what their purpose is, how they become how they are etc etc, give WB half a chance though and we will see "spiderman: the early years"
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sat Oct 21, 2006 3:45 pm

is symbiote a kind of metal then? I saw a poster of spiderman with a black suit on?

btw. i heard Danny Elfman has quit, who's his replacement?
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby dinky on Sat Oct 21, 2006 4:03 pm

re: elfman - I have no idea.

re; symbiote suit - do you not know what a symbiote is? anyway, in the comics, spidey teamed-up with a buncha other heroes to save the planet in space or the moon or mars or something (it was called "infinity crisis"). the symbiote "suit" is actually an alien life form that needs a host body (but it's a symbiote - it's not like hatching alien chest bursters; it actually pairs with its host). but - and here's where I'm surprised max didn't know - the 90s spidey cartoon came-up with a slightly different mythology where the symbiote simply attaches to a shuttle expedition and spidey ends-up attaching to it in a fight against one baddie or another near the launch pad or something. the suit works a lot like spawn's cape. it lives inside the person but envelops him in a suit and can fire its own sort of tentacles/webs. it's super strong. but it's also super-agressive and begins to alter the person's personality (not taking over, but merging with and sharing). well this causes a real crisis of conscience for spidey and he finally dumps the symbiote. the symbiote now hates him for this AND knows all of his secrets cuz they were essentially one being for a while. the symbiote then merges with eddie brock, a guy who already hates spidey but is not evil. venom then becomes a violent foil for spidey in the comics. sometimes they work together, but they're like xavier and magneto. opposite ideas and means for essentially the same goal: justice. of course, venom also will kill spidey if he can and is a lot like the hulk in that his rage often gets the better of him. there. that should be all the essential backround. from the teaser trailer, I must say that it looks like they're going to be pretty faithful to symbiote mythology.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sat Oct 21, 2006 4:33 pm

oh so its to do with symbiosis? I thought they'd just made up some l33t sounding krypotine / adamantium bollocks again.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat Oct 21, 2006 4:42 pm

isn't that what they do in stargate sg-1? with teal'q and all that?

Dinky wrote:but - and here's where I'm surprised max didn't know - the 90s spidey cartoon

never saw the 90s spidey cartoon i don't think, if i did it obviously had no impact, i prefer X-men myself anyway, the 90s cartoon that is not the films

thinking back i seem to recall i maybe had a few spiderman comics back when i was younger in the 80s, along with some Hulk and Punisher ones and of course loads of Thomas The Tank Engine when i was even younger, i remember i used to buy Big Comic Fortnightly religiously, same as the dandy and beano, you can't dl any dandy or beano though..... not that i've checked you understand :googley:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:06 am

mmm...my comics phase was late high school and undergraduate uni. the 90s spidey series was basically the sequel to the x-men series. they may have run continuously for a year or two, but the spidey one was spawned after the success of the x-men. they also tried fantastic four and silver surfer and eventually hulk. but only x-men and spidey really took off. I guess that makes sense since they're also by far the most popular comic properties (and in that order). when I was into them, there were too many spidey books (about 4 or 5 per month), but there were WAY too many x-men books (something like 7-10 per month; it was insane). both properties were getting terribly watered-down.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby mxyzptlk on Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:02 am

I think they should've replaced Sandman with Carnage from the start, as it fits the Vemon storyline better. Plus made by the right hands, Carnage could be something really disgusting :wink:

kill feed repeat
mxyzptlk
The Ninth Passenger

Next

Return to General