What Movie is This?

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

What Movie is This?

Postby BlackAdder529 on Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:38 am

Hey guys, first post and I'm happy to be here!

I could use some help figuring out what this movie or show is, but I can only remember certain scenes from it.

There was a huge robot on a track on the wall of the inside of a building, and he can move around on the track. He's imprisoned a woman inside him who can fix him, and he has her in shackles but tells her to fix him, and in reply she says that she can't unless he lets her go.

Also, there is a scene in which a woman is climbing through spikes and each time she comes to the end of a section of spikes, she ends up in a cement ditch, with some kind of vehicle coming toward her and she has to move on to the next spike cluster.

Any help would me appriciated, thanks!
BlackAdder529
Red Shirted Trekker

Postby MyK on Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:57 pm

How old? Colors/B&W? Length? Language? Theatrical release/TV/Direct to Video? You could do a lot with http://www.imdb.com/list :roll:
"The products suck! There's no sex in them anymore!" (Steve Jobs)
MyK
The Ninth Passenger

Postby BlackAdder529 on Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:18 pm

I have no idea as to any of the specifications, but this isn't the first place I came. I've been scouring imdb, google, forums, trying to find out what this could be, and finally decided to pull out the big guns and come here. Anyway, sorry about the date, I forgot. It should've been made sometime in the late 80s, early 90s. I remember it was in color also.
BlackAdder529
Red Shirted Trekker

Postby MyK on Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:39 am

Have you seen it in the theatre, on TV, rented DVD/VHS? I take it it's Sci-Fi / Horror, sounds like some B production / Independant and it was in English, right? Any nudity? :mrgreen: :lol: :wacky: :o
MyK
The Ninth Passenger

Postby MyK on Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:45 am

Any of this three?

Deadly Friend (1986) http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0090917/
Hardware (1990) http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0099740/
Chopping Mall (1986) http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0090837/
MyK
The Ninth Passenger

Postby Jynks on Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:25 am

it isn't hardware
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby BlackAdder529 on Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:05 pm

Yeah it definitely isn't any of those, but thanks for the links. It would've been VHS, don't know if it was independent, in English, probably. Definitely scifi/horror. I remembered another scene from it a little while ago.

Some guys in a futuristic looking car were pulling up to another futuristic looking car, about to save the girl trapped in the robot, but both vehicles were rusted and bombed out, and I remember it was in a desert, so it's probably a post-apocalyptic movie. I can't be positive about that last bit though because my memory's a little fuzzy on it.
BlackAdder529
Red Shirted Trekker

Postby MyK on Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:42 pm

Some guys in a futuristic looking car were pulling up to another futuristic looking car, about to save the girl trapped in the robot, but both vehicles were rusted and bombed out, and I remember it was in a desert...

"Spacehunter: Adventures in the Forbidden Zone" http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0086346/ perhaps? Maxpayne posted this pic in the "guess the movie" thread:
MyK
The Ninth Passenger

Postby BlackAdder529 on Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:06 am

Awesome, that's the one! I wouldn't have been able to figure it out without you guys, thanks a lot for the help!
BlackAdder529
Red Shirted Trekker

Postby mxyzptlk on Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:36 am

michael ironside is the mech in this awesome film :wink:

kill feed repeat
mxyzptlk
The Ninth Passenger

Return to General