Major Starwars Update about to come - Advise please

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Postby Jynks on Thu Jun 17, 2004 4:43 pm

Ok the long awaited DVDr Starwars Xtra stuff disk is almost ready!!!! I know it has taken ages.. but hey.. I gota work u know... Anyway I have one last hitch!! And need a bit of help

My copy of the Starwars Muppets and Hardware Wars are encoded with wierd frame rates and I can not get them to convert to dvd format with out a lot of sync problems... I "could" do it as a duel VTS (dvd with multi frame size and frame rate) but a lot of players can not handel that.

Dose any one have any info on how to do frame rate conversions for avi files that do not need me to uncompress then entire video stream... i do not have a spear 30gig.
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby spudthedestroyer on Thu Jun 17, 2004 6:50 pm

My copy of the Starwars Muppets and Hardware Wars are encoded with wierd frame rates and I can not get them to convert to dvd format with out a lot of sync problems... I "could" do it as a duel VTS (dvd with multi frame size and frame rate) but a lot of players can not handel that

Your using besweet to correct the frame rate right?

If its 29.9x fps, you need to ITVC really :)

You need to use dvd2avi and force film on 'fake' 29.9x frame, or ITVC. All of this is covered simply in doom9's gknot guide if you need help.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby Jynks on Fri Jun 18, 2004 2:20 am

no the hardware wars dvdrip is at 20fps and the muppet is at 24fps wierd as rates eh?

I'll look into this guide as soon as I get time!! (you wouldn't have a link would you.. doom9 can be a hell of a confusing www site for finding stuff i think)
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby mw2merc on Fri Jun 18, 2004 6:19 am

20 is odd, but 24 is Film standard.
"I put the KILL, in SKILL!!!"
"faecs occurrere"
"Better you, than me!"
mw2merc
The Ninth Passenger

Postby Jynks on Sat Jun 19, 2004 6:27 am

yea but all the other source material was ntsc at 30 frames so I need to convert taht as well.
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby mw2merc on Sat Jun 19, 2004 8:01 pm

Ouch. Well, all the custom DVD work I've done were 24 fps for film sake.
"I put the KILL, in SKILL!!!"
"faecs occurrere"
"Better you, than me!"
mw2merc
The Ninth Passenger

Postby Jynks on Wed Feb 23, 2005 7:32 pm

YES!!!! I found the "LOST BOX" from when I moved house and now have my copy of the holiday special back and this DVD projectt is BACK ON THE CARDS!!!

Expect an update soon.

I will be splitting the DVD into two disks though now... The Holiday Special + Dunyayi kurtaran adam and another for the fam films and docos...

I have DVD auorthing sussed now.. though I do not use motion menus or sound in the menus as a space saver

Still looking for the Donnie and Marrie Special of Starwars if anyone knows about it!
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Previous

Return to General