Fantastic - Rise of the Silver Surfer

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Fantastic - Rise of the Silver Surfer

Postby Jynks on Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:41 am

Curious as to what this film might be like. Personaly I thought the first F4 movie was prob the worst super hero movie I had ever seen. Man wat the fuck were they thinking with that "fun times at home" collarge of them, like grabbing toiletr paper from the other room or palying withg the sleeping thing... OMG wat a pile of crap.

I swore I would not see the sequal BUT the sequal is about silver Surfer and Galactus. For those that do nto know he is a giant demi-god that eats entire planets. The Silevr Surfer is his herald that comes down and tells the planet they have like 3 weeks or whatever before the planet is destroyed (kinda like unicron in the transformers)

The stories in the comics of silver surfer and galactis are freakn awsome. Interstella wars, Gods, multi heros AND villians all banding together to figth him off .. they stories just freakn ruled.

Now i HAVE to see this movie but i already know it will prb be no good.. Was woundering what you guys thoughts on it mught be.

F4- Rise of teh Silver Surfer Trailer Teaser
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0486576/
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Re: Fantastic - Rise of the Silver Surfer

Postby mxyzptlk on Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:49 pm

Jynks wrote:Curious as to what this film might be like. Personaly I thought the first F4 movie was prob the worst super hero movie I had ever seen.

well, there's always the first F4 movie from 1994 :mrgreen:

or the 1991 Captain America, if you want a real stinker :wink:

I must admit I like the sight of the Silver Surfer in the movie, although I got flashbacks from Terminator 2 :mrgreen:
Last edited by mxyzptlk on Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kill feed repeat
mxyzptlk
The Ninth Passenger

Re: Fantastic - Rise of the Silver Surfer

Postby dinky on Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:09 pm

Jynks wrote:Personaly I thought the first F4 movie was prob the worst super hero movie I had ever seen.

I thought it was decent. jessica alba did everything she could to tank it. not sure if it was actually her or the lines she was fed. but I'm content to say it was both.

I was fine with the rest as a comic book adaptation. I mean, I thought it was competent without being particularly good. origin stories are kinda lame for most of these guys. 'course, I never really liked F4 to begin with. and SS is a total joke (as a character) to me: oh look! he's silver. and he rides a...surf board? and he's from space? did some drugged-up beach bum come-up with this guy while lying on the beach one night, blitzed out of his mind and staring at the stars? was the only 90s marvel cartoon I actively tuned away from.

but surely catwoman, ultraviolet, the aforementioned captain america were far worse. and I'd say F4 was better than the recent Daredevil, Hulk, Punisher, and soon-to-be-stinker Ghost Rider.
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:08 pm

Spawn, Dark man, that one about the phantom or some guy, dick tracey, both Fantastic 4s, Xmen 3, Daredevil, Electra, catwoman, half of the batman movies etc.

There's a whole host of comic book movies that i think are shite, the majority. I usually expect them to be terrible and am surprised when they aren't rather than have any expectation of them being any good ;)
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby mxyzptlk on Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:45 pm

I'm prolly the only guy in the world who actually liked Spawn, but that's prolly coz I never read the comics

what we really need in a Green Lantern movie :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

kill feed repeat
mxyzptlk
The Ninth Passenger

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:13 pm

imo, the comics and the cartoon sucked for spawn too... but that movie... yuck! :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby Jynks on Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:50 pm

Yar Spawn and catwoman.. for sure they vlew as well.

Yar silver surfer on the surface looks kinda lame, but I really like the comics he is in. He is a lot like superman as he is so powerful that he is basicly unchallenged for mosyt of the time. Though his stories are much more intergalactic... well most superman stories are set in space but even mroe so with Silevr surfer.

I just think if they do it right there could be some top visuals for the big screen.. I mean earth versus a giant demi god eating planet... gotta be cool

1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby Jynks on Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:55 pm

[quote]Originally named Galan of the planet Taa, Galactus is the sole survivor of the Big Crunch of the universe that existed prior to the current Marvel Universe.

Galan was a space explorer investigating the impending end of his universe. Eventually, Taa was engulfed by a radiation plague that killed all of its inhabitants save a select few. Galan proposed to his fellow suvivors that they die gloriously by piloting a star-ship directly into the focal point of the Big Crunch. As Galan approached the Cosmic Egg �?
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby mxyzptlk on Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:26 pm

Galactus...now that would be something...

although, it would prolly be short, since Galactus usually arrives at a planet & simply eats it in one go :wink: :wink:

kill feed repeat
mxyzptlk
The Ninth Passenger

Postby dinky on Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:49 pm

there's a preview for this in this month's premiere</i>. apparently, they're going to tone down johnny storm a bit cuz there were fan complaints. "but he's still johnny." or something like that.
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Return to General