Help me find a tool to stretch audio to fit video

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Help me find a tool to stretch audio to fit video

Postby MyK on Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:49 pm

Hi guys, now it's my turn to ask for your help regarding video/audio tools. My problem is I downloaded "The Beast from 20.000 Fathoms" that was a dual audio release. Once I removed that Spanish audio with VirtualDubMod what remained was a video file that has unsynced audio (MP3) and starts 5 sec too early and ends about 7 sec too late... Anyway, tried using stretch audio filter in VirtualDubMod and realized it will only try to adjust audio sample rate so it will end at the same time the video ends. What I get this way is synced audio only at the beginning of a video file. Demuxing and then cutting the video or audio file is not an option here, because I had great trouble finding exact positions to sync even the beginning of file, let alone what I'd all have to do to sync its end... My question: is there any tool that would allow me to sync audio/video manually and not demand constant trial & error procedure from me? Thanks in advance!
"The products suck! There's no sex in them anymore!" (Steve Jobs)
MyK
The Ninth Passenger

Postby Jynks on Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:54 pm

was the audio synced before you started to fiddle with the spanish audio track?
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby MyK on Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:30 pm

Nope, it was out of sync beforehand, I just overwrote the header as VirtualDub(Mod) will ask you to do if audio is VBR, disabled the Spanish audio and direct-streamed both audio & video to a new file (just to make sure my player isn't the culprit). And original (English) audio was the second stream not the first so nobody must've noticed before for this rare stinker ;)
MyK
The Ninth Passenger

Postby Jynks on Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:46 pm

just download a better version would be the way to go imo....

viewtopic.php?t=191&start=0#beast
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby MyK on Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:22 pm

How on Caprica could I have ever missed that release beats me :? Thanks Jynks :D One problem solved, but that original question still stands, cuz I have more bad rips like this one I mentioned. Any ideas on how to do that? Is there any tool for it at all or must I really write my own filter (for which I don't have any spare time ATM), include it in custom DS graph and then capture audio stream from output and stream it to a wav file? I know it sounds easy for any programmers here but trust me it takes days to fiddle with it and get it right. Also, changing sample rate ain't easy if you want it to sound OK :(
MyK
The Ninth Passenger

Postby BadBugs on Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:33 pm

YAAI will stretch & resync your audio, takes a bit to get it right but it deffo does the trick, used it for both in the past but mainly for resyncing...

http://yaai.sourceforge.net/

:mrgreen:
BadBugs
Having trouble with tribbles

Postby MyK on Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:21 am

Yeah, I'm familiar with YAAI cuz it's written with Borland's developing tools that I also play with... which would be all roses except for the fact that I simply l00ve to play around with direct show filters and have accidentally misconfigured some of those that YAAI uses and is now unable to connect input with output :lol: Will have to look into it once, but since playback is fine and VirtualDubMod works well too (so far hehe) that could take ages... Thanks for the link anyway, and since it's a GNU open source project, who knows, maybe one day I'll find time and fiddle with it's code so you better prepare for the doomsday scenario :mrgreen:
:beerchug:
MyK
The Ninth Passenger

Return to General