A mile wide UFO spotted over Alderney !!!!

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Postby nbgoku on Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:23 pm

http://www.thisisguernsey.com/code/show ... eID=002080
nbgoku
Skutter

Postby Jynks on Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:51 am

a mile wide ufo and not a single photo... .. .. . . yar right.
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby MyK on Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:26 am

They were all busy reattaching their jaws on :lol:
"The products suck! There's no sex in them anymore!" (Steve Jobs)
MyK
The Ninth Passenger

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:06 pm

hehe... its awesome how the number of recording devices have exploded over the past 20 years, with nearly every new phone having 3-5 megapixel cameras, many with the ability to record video, and yet we still have got no further in documenting anything :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby MyK on Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:21 pm

Yeah, but you'd first have to believe that report, personally I don't.

‘As I got closer to it, it became clear to me that it was tangible. I was in two minds about going towards it to have a closer look but decided against it because of the size of it. I had to think of the safety of the passengers first.’

Now that's first thing in the report indicating it's fake. Man, if there was any commercial airline pilot out there that's prepared to admit to even giving it a thought of deviating from flight route just to have a closer look at something, he/she would be fired immediatelly...

‘If the object was stationary, our equipment would not have picked it up because the radar would have screened it out.’

It's obviously a fake report. I'm no expert on radar tech but if that was the case then I can think of loads of deadly scenarios. Stationary object 2000ft up and a mile wide and radar would screen it out? C'mon! Radar wouldn't screen nothing out if it's on a potential collision path! Also, with object that size and so close to aircraft, wouldn't on-board proximity alert go berserk like when nearing mountain area or something?

My question is rather how safe are air travels if that's what really happened :? Pilots contemplating a closer look on unknown large body with a commercial aircraft and no tech responding to potential risk to it :wacky:
"The products suck! There's no sex in them anymore!" (Steve Jobs)
MyK
The Ninth Passenger

Return to General