eDonkey server down?

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

eDonkey server down?

Postby phz on Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:26 pm

Can't connect for days. I guess it is gone like the rest.

Anyone knows good server list site?

(yes, I use KAD, I just like to have more sources)
phz
the Angry Klingon

Postby MyK on Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:08 pm

Most German servers are down :( Here's a translation of the bed news:

Bigbang eDonkey servers down

For two weeks there has been no sign from the so-called "BigBang" servers. It concerns 12 servers who were used to support the P2P file sharing network eDonkey. The servers went offline after the hosting provider forwarded notices from BREIN to their client. In the notices BREIN asked to make the servers inaccessible, because they structurally provided access to illegal content. "Sometimes websites or servers go offline without notice. The owners don't want to admit it has something to do with us", says BREIN manager Tim Kuik. "The BigBang Servers were under management of a non-existent company. We're still tracking the true identity of the real owners."

BREIN has investigated that more than 90% of the file sharing provided by these type of servers concerns illegal content (meaning the lawful owner did not give permission to publish the content). The providing of free, illegal content, that would otherwise only be available to the paying user, causes the lawful owner a lot of damage. BREIN fights piracy for lawful owners of cinema movies, tv series, music, music videos, computer- and console games, interactive software, ebooks and audiobooks. This concerns a big majority of all traffic of these kind of servers.

I connect to Razorback or TVU now and use server lists from:

Code: Select all
http://corpo.free.fr/server.met
http://peerates.net/peerates/trueservers.met

You can copy/paste those two lines to "Auto-update server lists at startup" if you wish. The first one includes server that are down but both lists are filtered for fake servers and crap like that ;)
"The products suck! There's no sex in them anymore!" (Steve Jobs)
MyK
The Ninth Passenger

Postby spudthedestroyer on Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:15 pm

yup, few threads about this one around the shop.

Shame really, bloody germans...
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby MyK on Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:26 am

Iunno, I wouldn't blame Germans that morons took over the world. At least they lost trying, we lost not giving a damn :P Obviously, some sort of "we've had it" solution is in order... wait, no... that'd just spin the red circle, wouldn't it? :lol: We'll get/make new tech eventually for what we're slowly loosing now so I wouldn't worry much ;) It happened all before...
MyK
The Ninth Passenger

Postby phz on Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:57 pm

I think we need new Razorback server but this time in Russia or Sweden :)

If Sweden works for The Pirate Bay perhaps it would work for edonkey network as well.

KAD works quite well but I do miss the "completed" percentage in the search. Instead it just gives "yes" or ?.
phz
the Angry Klingon

Postby MyK on Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:51 am

"The Pirate Bay" is constantly bombarded by evil axis forces, too. Besides, there's no telling if other countries (we live in) will eventually resort to such low methods as to require of ISPs to totally ban ed2k/torrent/KAD/... traffic. It is possible both technically and morally (you know, even apes have higher moral standards than hungry "people" ;)) and I'm personally expecting of them to go all the way soon. I wouldn't mind that at all, to be honest... consequences would serve them right and "the scene" would live on on some other P2P protocols. It's them (those evil money hungry pee-wee bastards) that'll die off as a less evolved species if they don't get to grips the world changed the last time they had a reality check-up :mrgreen: Oh, BTW,... Razorback is back up and running healthy (less the occasional recent overloads due to other servers being down) for quite some time now: 85.17.52.92:5000
MyK
The Ninth Passenger

Postby m0nty on Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:21 pm

watch out for the Fake servers too.. at most now, there's about 10 - 15 decent *safe* servers that you can use.

i've spent a few days downloading quite a few movies only to find out they did not work when i tried to play them and instead crashed the software..
Oh! Sorry, guess I was wrong. I'm sure your information is correct and... In fact, I'm usually quite wrong, quite unreliable actually. To be honest with you, I'm insane. - Daniel Jackson
m0nty
Owns a Genesis Record

Postby Truba on Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:14 pm

everythig in my country is pirated (university papers, ID, IQ, money, cars, even people :mrgreen: high school grades) so you can put safely those servers in my country :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
but send us money because we are poor and cannot maintain those severes :mrgreen: :mrgreen: and send us some guys with great computer knowledge :mrgreen: we cannot do anything without help :mrgreen:
Woe be unto him who opens one of the seven gateways to hell, because through that gateway evil will invade the world.
Truba
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby dinky on Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:29 pm

you're from canada too? :wacky:
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby Truba on Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:54 pm

:mrgreen:

european canada => bosnia :googley: :evil: :outsider:
Woe be unto him who opens one of the seven gateways to hell, because through that gateway evil will invade the world.
Truba
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby redsnake on Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:01 pm

The Pirate Bay has reported all large movie and music companies in Sweden to the police.
They are acusing these companies for something that here in Sweden is called "infrastructural sabotage". (Seems that you can get a couple of years behind the bars for this).
They claim that they have evidence that these compines has hired a number off "crackers" to sabotage their website with ddos etc.
Obviously there is a Police investigation opened now.
redsnake
Having trouble with tribbles

Postby spudthedestroyer on Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:00 pm

ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby Jynks on Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:57 pm

The pirate bay also hacked the mmpa and posted like 9 years of there emaisl as a torrent
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby MyK on Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:01 pm

Hopefully, they'll learn it's the best email backup system they ever had :lol:
MyK
The Ninth Passenger

Return to General