Faithful Resident Evil Movie announced for 2008... FINALLY

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Faithful Resident Evil Movie announced for 2008... FINALLY

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:25 pm

Capcom wrote:CAPCOM AND SONY PICTURES ENTERTAINMENT JAPAN ANNOUNCE COPRODUCTION OF BIOHAZARD: DEGENERATION
Full-length CG Movie Based on the Hit Biohazard/Resident Evil Franchise To Be Released in 2008

CAPCOM Co., Ltd. (Osaka, Japan -- representative director and president: Haruhiro Tsujimoto; hereinafter "CAPCOM") and Sony Pictures Entertainment Japan Co., Ltd. (Tokyo Japan -- representative director and president: Ken Munekata; hereinafter "SPEJ") have announced coproduction of "BIOHAZARD: Degeneration," the first full-length CG animation feature based upon the BIOHAZARD series of games and movies.

BIOHAZARD, began as a hit international video game franchise created by CAPCOM, then made its debut on the silver screen as the live-action film RESIDENT EVIL (the international film title for BIOHAZARD), distributed worldwide by Sony Pictures Entertainment. RESIDENT EVIL is the first trilogy of live-action movies to have come from a video game franchise. CAPCOM and Sony Picture's Japanese subsidiary SPEJ have teamed up to give birth to a CG-animated BIOHAZARD with groundbreaking visual effects and a brand-new story line.

Since its initial release in 1996, the BIOHAZARD series of games has established the "survival horror" genre and has shipped over a 33 million units worldwide, continuing to captivate its fans as a powerful property. CAPCOM will continue to release new games within the franchise, such as "BIOHAZARD: Umbrella Chronicles" and "BIOHAZARD 5"

The films "RESIDENT EVIL" and "RESIDENT EVIL 2: APOCALYPSE" have each grossed more than US$ 100 million at the Box Office internationally. "RESIDENT EVIL 3" aka "BIOHAZARD 3" (debuting throughout Japan on November 3) has been the biggest hit of the series in the US to date, adding to the high performance and public support for this franchise.

The full CG animation feature "BIOHAZARD: Degeneration" is currently in production, with plans for a terrifying release in 2008

While it does say a new storyline, from what i have read in interviews it will follow the game story/time line a lot more faithfully then the movies
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby dinky on Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:19 pm

what did you think of the Final Fantasy CGI movies? I'd keep my expectations close to the spirits within, myself. not that I have any attachment to either vg franchise.

a lot of FF fans seemed to really like the stv FF movie (VII?). I thought it was shite. looked and felt like anime crystallized in CGI form. I hope that's not what "faithful" means. then again, I dislike anime so I was predisposed to dislike it from the first.
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:24 pm

i've never watched any final fantasy movies, as i don't really like the series of games at all either, i hate games where you have turn based fighting (ok so monopoly is an exception :lol:)

I don't normally like anime either but i recently got really into Death Note (the series not L.A. movies), and being the "resident" fanboy (see what i did there :googley: ) i will of course check it out and wank over Jill... WAIT no i meant.... DAMNIT
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:52 pm

urrgghhh I thought you were going to break some good news and i'd say the title is misleading for the news; personally i don't want a CG piece of anime shit.

This isn't a real RE imo, i'd be surprised if it wasn't shit.

So I'm not sure this is good news at all :(
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby maxpayne2409 on Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:56 pm

it's not made by paul anderson, how can it NOT be good news?
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:49 pm

cos it will still be shit. RE2 and RE3 weren't made by Paul w.s. anderson either; three different hacks have healm the director's chair and each one has screwed it up.

Some shitty anime movie isn't going to rescue it for me :( I've seen a few of these capcom cgi movies and they've all stunk up the place from what i remember of them :(
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby maxpayne2409 on Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:50 pm

i've never seen any other capcom cg movies so i'll give it a shot (and of course coz im a fanboy)
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Return to General