Matrix 4 - The Super Matrix

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Matrix 4 - The Super Matrix

Postby pdwood on Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:10 pm

I know that many people loved the Matrix Trilogy just as it ended in The Matrix Revolutions; but there were also many who wished that it would continue on. I’m one of the latter. I saw a whole new level where it could go. So, for fun I wrote another episode called Matrix 4-The Super Matrix.

It's a completely new extension of the Matrix Trilogy and a bit of a mind bender, if I do say so myself. The story paints a picture of what might have happened before The Matrix and after The Matrix Revolutions; sort of a prequel/sequel, I guess. If you're interested, you can download the full-length screenplay at my blog

http://www.thesupermatrix.com/

Unless the Wachowski brothers or Warner Brothers approaches me, I have no illusions about this being made into a real movie. And I make no money or benefit from the story other than the fun of writing it and the pleasure of hearing people's comments. This screenplay is purely for the reading enjoyment of all those who love and believe in the Matrix mystique.

If you read it, please come back here and let me know what you think. I'd love to know. Thanks and happy reading. PD Wood

P.S. If this post is in the wrong place, please let me know.
pdwood
Red Shirted Trekker

Postby dinky on Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:50 pm

if this post is in the wrong place, it'll prolly be moved or deleted. :lol:

matrix was great. sequels were crap. they couldn't leave well enough alone. (I'm clearly not interested enough to read a fan fiction. but more power to ya.)
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby pdwood on Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:59 pm

dinky,

I think you'll see that my story wraps back around and ties into the first Matrix and also clears up a bunch of loose ends left by Matrix Reloaded and Matrix Revolutions. If you liked the original Matrix, I think you'll enjoy my story. Maybe read up through page 15. If it isn't grabbing you, I'd understand.

PD Wood
pdwood
Red Shirted Trekker

Postby dinky on Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:29 am

what is this? a negotiation? :wacky:

sequels made sense. they were just superfluous at best and completely retarded at worst.

first one also made sense. doesn't need explication.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby pdwood on Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:49 pm

Not a negotiation, just a suggestion:)

PD Wood
pdwood
Red Shirted Trekker

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:40 pm

Have you seen the Matrix remake pdwood? They made the remake before the 'original' matrix:
viewtopic.php?t=163

:D

Much better film anyway, enjoy if you've not seen it.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby pdwood on Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:57 am

spudthedestroyer,

I've seen Dark City and liked it. But I still think you'll find my story intriguing and thought-provoking. I don't think Dark City makes my story obsolete. Hopefully you'll have time to read it. If you do, let me know what you think.

Thanks, PD Wood
pdwood
Red Shirted Trekker

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:19 pm

hehe, i was just trying to take a dig at The Matrix. I don't think the matrix is as amazing as everyone else seems to think it is; Dark City is a far better take on the same material in my view. Would love to see something like that again.

Dark, vivid and thought provoking. :)
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby dinky on Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:48 pm

you can't really ask or expect of the matrix to be dark city though. one's a comic bookish superhero adventure; the other is a sci-fi/fantasy nightmarish thriller.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby pdwood on Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:48 am

I think the Matrix had a lot going for it; just lost a bit in the third installment. Too many loose ends for me. Needed one more to wrap it up (know what I mean?)

PD Wood
pdwood
Red Shirted Trekker

Postby MyK on Sun Dec 23, 2007 7:54 am

Matrix is one of those titles I bought and gave away as a present before even unwrapping it to one of those "friends" I never really liked. I was forced into watching it later on and still hate that stupid bitch that thought it was a great and "hip" idea. Yup, she was one of those "hip" cheap plastic trees I wouldn't hang my balls on. She must have never even glimpsed at any book's cover let alone read it. I started a dialogue afters where all they copied the idea(s) from and she hadn't heard of neither any of the authors nor recognised any of the titles I threw at her. That said, if you ever get Matrix as a present, chances are someone is trying hard to get rid of your annoying presence. Will I read the could be sequel wrapping drek in a pink see-through cellophane paper and calling itself an enjoyable story? Do I look like I have that crazy frog ring tone on my cell phone? Happy holidays anyway and if you call yourself a writer - please, go on strike and have a proper Christmas instead :P
"The products suck! There's no sex in them anymore!" (Steve Jobs)
MyK
The Ninth Passenger

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:51 pm

lmao, MyK is getting four copies of the matrix this xmas :)

The first one is pretty crap, but it wasn't as bad as the sequel duds I suppose. I've seen the first one a few times, the very original version of teh original is slightly better where they still have the green lens filter over bits in the matrix. Think they removed this post-realising it was actually always meant to be a trilogy. I can't believe they forgot it was always meant to be a trilogy! :wacky:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby MyK on Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:56 pm

You'll get four copies of me if you send me one :P :catfight: :lol:
"The products suck! There's no sex in them anymore!" (Steve Jobs)
MyK
The Ninth Passenger

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:02 pm

MyK wrote:You'll get four copies of me if you send me one :P :catfight: :lol:

it will have to be a post xmas present if i send you a copy... Ironically, I gave the copy away someone gave me just after it was released. :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:33 am

a relative who really doesn't spend any time with the family got me matrix 3 on dvd for christmas, oh how ecstatic i wasn't.

I can't even give it away, nobody want's it, i guess i'll send it to myk then :lol:

you know how bad it must be if even i don't want it
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Re: Matrix 4 - The Super Matrix

Postby lucaspolan on Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:42 pm

The k-point random matrix kernels obtained from one-point supermatrix models.

Return to General