WGA Strike Update

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

WGA Strike Update

Postby dinky on Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:37 pm

I thought there was already a thread for this, but I couldn't find it.

WGA on verge of deals with United Artists, Lionsgate, Weinstein Co.
looks like the WGA strike could be the best thing that could ever possibly happen to Hollywood. lots of new blood, smaller productions, independent films, no outrageous actor-whoring, etc. sure, it will also mean a lot more really bad duds. but on the plus side, I don't have to watch michael bay rape my childhood while rolling in millions of dollars from a characterless, ill-conceived plot with incompetent "choreography" and a "script" pieced together by 10 "producers."

here's the story: http://www.latimes.com/business/la-me-s ... ome-center
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby Jynks on Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:01 am

i hate the strike as all the tv shows stopped and movies are in production hell... BUT i totally agree with it. Writters get a real short stick and imo it is the writers and directors that should get almost all the credit. Actors are just puppets.... I respect sound and cinematographers more than them. Sure there are some good actors.. but these producers and actor whores just are runing movies...

Anyone remember that film THE PLAYER? Where as a satire they had all the producers talking about how they have got rid of directors and now all they needed to do was loose the actors and writters.... BANG 3 years latter reality tv hit lawl lawl lawl
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby dinky on Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:26 am

Golden Globes ceremony was canceled cuz of the strike. they're just going to release a list of the winners.

(actors didn't wanna cross the writers' picket lines - solidarity, I guess. bad press for anyone who does for sure).
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Return to General