Emule setting Help

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Emule setting Help

Postby Jynks on Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:41 pm

Been a long time from the last time i had emule installed. I can nto remember who to set it up...

What is a good Server nowdays... or should i just use KAD?

How about a good set of settings for Max Sources / Connections?

Where do I get the IP filter and stuff?
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby MyK on Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:26 pm

huh there's a lot of work involved setting it up just right. did you delete your previous copy? what i do is i backup it's install folder every now and then and when i need all those settings back i just run the new installation over with what i backed-up. it works perfectly fine that way. let us know if you really need all those settings done once more, there's thousands of them and all more or less important in fine-tuning. and, tbh, i'm kinda too lazy this moment :mrgreen: ok, ok, this season :wacky: :P
"The products suck! There's no sex in them anymore!" (Steve Jobs)
MyK
The Ninth Passenger

Postby Jynks on Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:33 pm

Like what? Just start going though wat 1000s of settings? I can only see a single page in connections and mabey 2 pages in extended. Any help on setting it up will be handy.

I haven't used emule in years. Just thought i would load it back on for my mum.. as she is not wise enough to use nbz or torrents. Plus i am going to grab that cool Russian film list from here as well.
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby MyK on Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:58 pm

ok convinced me :D

"schnell kurs":

connection:

1st change settings to maximum simultaneous open connections in windows (by default limited to only 10). you can "crack" that tcpip.sys file with say XP-AntySpy (freeware tool and there's that option hidden somewhere in menu)

then upen up new TCP and UDP ports in firewall (and router's firewall if that's needed) with some number and enter that in emule's config under "client ports"... then run that wizard, it should find best settings for your connection. I usually let emule open more connections than that gives but default is ok too.

next is servers page:

add a line http://www.peerates.net/servers.php in that text file that opens when you press the "List..." button. and enable auto-update.

security:

- enable IP filter
- import some already compiled IP filter file (dunno where i got mine but and i edited it many times by now, it has over 55K lines in it lol)
- enable protocol obfuscation (i don't use obfuscated connections only tho)

extended:

- max. new connections: 50
- half open: 20
- fast reject: yup
- server refresh: 0

- use credit system: yup
- filter IPs: yup
- disable DL from PeerCache: if needed
- allocate full file size: yup so she won't run out of disk space while downloading and it fragments files less
- safe .met/.dat file writing: always

- disable SpeedSense (works best if u set limits manually imo)

UPnP
remove upnp port... : nope
skip... (both): yup

buffer size: depends on system memory, i have 512KB and it eats abt 100MB with 50+ downloads in queue
queue size: 2000 (should be enough and it starts downloading faster if you have upload revarding enabled, which you should)

that's about it, other settings are pretty straight-forward and set them as you see fit ;)
MyK
The Ninth Passenger

Postby Jynks on Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:58 am

What about the max sources / connections options.

Not sure i understand you about file acess.. yo mean chgange the way windows wors by hackign a dll or somthing?

Just that when i download from NBZ or BT I get like 2m+ download... emule is sitting around 300K.... so it is a huge difference.
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby MyK on Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:58 am

Sorry i didn't have time to respond earlier i'm doing some house work here installing new lamps lol...

I have max sources at 500 and max connections at 200 but that could vary what's best setting for you, depending on your connection (speed, latency,...). And yes if you want to have more than 10 simultaneous open connections then you should "hack" that TCPIP file with some tool (there's a few around and most are stable, and the one i mentioned works best for me, as some other hack most use from some german site returns false positive on being a virus on my system... it's not a virus but that "heuristic" search in my AV obviously works lol).

Anyway, download that XP-AntiSpy (http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/XP ... 20440577/1) and you'll find that option in the menu under "special/connection limit...". I had to do that twice, dunno why but it works now and my connection is 100% stable (just video-chatted with my sweetness last night and we both fell asleep and it was still running good when we woke up lol). I enabled it for up to 200 simultaneous connections but you normally don't need that much. 50 should do just fine.

And yes, that would be that difference. If you have many files in queue it will prolly wanna open more connections than system allows it to... check system events in "event viewer" and you should have plenty of those yellow warnings "TCPIP has reached maximum connections limit" or something like that. This "hack" will fix that for you and you should get faster speeds (of course it all depends on other things too, like how well files you download are seeded and your connection speed,...) ;)
MyK
The Ninth Passenger

Postby Jynks on Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:08 am

thanks for the advise myk
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Return to General