Is cinema 2.0 going to finaly KILL the movie industry?

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Is cinema 2.0 going to finaly KILL the movie industry?

Postby Jynks on Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:07 pm

After many years AMD is finaly seaming to get somwhere with Cinima 2.0. The idea is for real time photo real animation to be able to create fully interactive movies. Where there is seamless intergration with live action and special efefcts and player control. Yea it is a big ask but in the last 5 years they have been starting to look like they are getting close....

Check out the images at the bottom and these demo youtubes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2fS9covXBs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wi5s4yP1Kpg

Full Ruby Demo Sequence
http://game.amd.com/us-en/unlock_ruby_videos.aspx (like way old now but still godd compared to current stuff)

All these videos are REAL TIME rendered. Using this new tech they have been going on about for about 3 years but this is the first time i have really seen it.

demonstration was powered by a single PC loaded with a pair of (future) consumer-grade AMD RV770 graphics cards, Phenom X4 9850 processor, and 790FX chipset.

Not bad at all

Image - Real time image
Image - normal Map View
Image - Real Time Image
Image - Real Time Image
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby dinky on Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:43 pm

I'm not sure how this would work. is it mainly a video game thing? hell, I don't even know what it is. it looks to me like an inversion of blue screen. but then the official ati demonstration looked completely animated. :?
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby Truba on Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:10 pm

if you ask me nothing is going to kill moving pictures
Woe be unto him who opens one of the seven gateways to hell, because through that gateway evil will invade the world.
Truba
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby Jynks on Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:25 pm

yea.. well people said that about theater... and then about silent films... new tech.. will bring changes.. and soon we will have realtime images that are in NO WAY able to be seen as looking any diffrent to wat we see with our naked eyes in reality....
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Return to General