The last movie you saw...

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Jun 22, 2004 2:11 pm

that be some ruthless tyrant shit shamoun EEHEE :lol: in resident evil Survivor theres a big room filled wall to wall with tyrants in cases, naturally one breaks out to come and rape yo ass n shit while the 2 kids you found on the island are trying to start the helicoptay, the storyline wasnt as good as other res evil games but for a light gun shooter it was way above the rest (and thats saying something as it looks like the work experience boy made it) altho no matter how many times i fired the grenade launcher at the little kids you just cant kill them :evil:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby bobbystills on Tue Jun 22, 2004 2:55 pm

thanx for the info on tyrants. they should make animated resident evil movies imo.

just finished dodgeball. I laughed a little but it was pretty dumb. also watched one night in paris, its basically all the same footage with a few more minutes of her getting head and the green night vision is now B&W. The tulse luper suitcase was pretty wack, im not sure what to think of it. havent started on hand of death yet.

gonna check out decoys today and maybe hand of death.
still waiting on 3 way split. i wanna see this one bad! gina gershon is hot !! :D

also grabbin another copy of silent running - i needed a better one - and im grabbing some italian cyborg movie from 1988 & barberalla

oh and i also watched about 15min of technolust, wasnt in the mood after dogeball tho - maybe later

i also watched the new tv-mini salems lot last night. it was corny like most king tv movies r but i still liked it :beerchug:
its been a while since ive seen the orginal so i might check it out to
bobbystills
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Jun 22, 2004 3:11 pm

they should make animated resident evil movies imo

i dno, animated zombies jsut dont cut it for me :lol:

i also watched the new tv-mini salems lot last night

i didnt know there was one, ill have to check it out myself :beerchug:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Tue Jun 22, 2004 4:10 pm

it's in hdtv too. TNT (Turner Network Television) is really going out of its way to broadcast in HD.
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Jun 22, 2004 5:00 pm

i didnt know tnt were still around??, tehyre certainly not over here in england anymore hehe
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby mw2merc on Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:10 pm

bobbystills wrote:thanx for the info on tyrants. they should make animated resident evil movies imo.

NP. An animated series might be good, only if they did it right. They'd have to base it closely on the games.

bobbystills wrote:just finished dodgeball. I laughed a little but it was pretty dumb.

Yeah, took my roomie to see that last night. It is dumb, but at least it was kinda funny. Now 'Milkshake' makes me wanna throw up. Anytime I hear that damn song, I try & picture the carwash scene.

bobbystills wrote:gonna check out decoys today

Heh heh heh. Yeah, I wanna see that one.

bobbystills wrote:still waiting on 3 way split. i wanna see this one bad! gina gershon is hot !! :D

Haven't heard of this one. But yeah, GG is a cutie.

bobbystills wrote:also grabbin another copy of silent running - i needed a better one

I have this on DVD. Way cool movie. This is probably in my top 15 SF of all time.

bobbystills wrote:i also watched the new tv-mini salems lot last night. it was corny like most king tv movies r but i still liked it

I saw some of this. Didn't look too bad. But it didn't keep my attention & I missed the beginning, so I wasn't gonna stick on it long.

Gonna try & watch Riddick today for fun.

Rewatched Predator 2 & Predator yesterday.
"I put the KILL, in SKILL!!!"
"faecs occurrere"
"Better you, than me!"
mw2merc
The Ninth Passenger

Postby Augmenter on Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:21 pm

Last 5 movies seen:
Torque 23:51 26.5.2004 apn!!!!!!!!!
Hellboy 2:07 5.6.2004 apn!!!!!!!!!!!
Necro Files 1:40 12.6.2004 ql apn
Dawn Of The Dead 1:40 12.6.2004 apn!
Taking Lives 23:42 12.6.2004 apn also

Necro Files was one of the more deacent movies in this list.
Augmenter
Skutter

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:23 pm

@Augmenter - but what does apn actually mean?

not really scifi but i watched Gotcha! last night, pretty cool 80s movie, think bassline ripped it, well he either ripped it or recommended it to me i think and im glad he did :beerchug:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:32 pm

NP. An animated series might be good, only if they did it right. They'd have to base it closely on the games.

Could be very cool actually, but it would have to proper full blown manga, all the other decent animation houses are geared towards kids and that would kill RE. And I don't agree with Max about animated zombies either... I'm not an animation fan but it could and should be done brilliantly (especially if its manga. Imagine shots like wide-angled, low ground typical manga shot, blurred background, and then a single zombie stuttering and limbing along, smooth camera pan to behind XVZ-american-homebred-hero, unblur and there's hundreds of the buggers~). Stylistically, brilliant, budget is very low, and it would allow Capcom's original artists (who do all the best shit RE anyway) with a lot of input to a Manga crew. That would be the 'media outing' from games for the evil crew.

The more gorey and atmospheric, the better for RE imo... and Paul Anderson f*cked both bits up to varying degrees, which is probably why the movie stinks (strong but talking about coulds and maybe shoulds atm :) ).

A stronger director would have given away control to a decent scriptwriter.. (Terry Gilliam comments the reason why director's don't want to let go of their projects in Brazil's commentry, they want total control over the project and unfortunately that leads to poor dialogue in some cases (ahem, Jimmy Cameron, you taking notes?), lack of or poor ideas in others (Mr. Anderson is in the latter category imo). Or if it was a stronger writer/director then it would have worked better too... but that RE movie is just too cheap, despite its budget*.

Technically though, I think Paul Anderson is a solid director, and given the right project he can do it quite well...see Even Horizon. Great film.

This is why I'm looking forward to and dreading AvP. I have this feeling that the script is going to flat out stink... we're talking full-on, Josh Whedon-stle stink!

*ps. Death to CGI.... in the words of a famous advert: "sshhhttoooppp.... itshhh not rheady yet!"
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby Augmenter on Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:55 pm

@maxpayne2409: apn is abstersive painfull nausea.
Augmenter
Skutter

Postby maxpayne2409 on Wed Jun 23, 2004 12:00 am

while i agree with spud about avp probably goin ot stink, and that resident evil wasnt the greatest movie ever put onto film, i also on the flip side detest anime, well to a degree, some anime i liked (monster city, dark city, mazinga z) but on a whole i really dont like manga, some people also say that the new ninja turtles cartoon is american manga some say its just a new cartoon style but not manga (what are your thoughts?)

also i hated event shitrizon, it had one or 2 ok moments like when the object of spuds fetish (sam neall :lol: :wink: ) gouges his own eyes, but on a whole i thought event horizon was nothing i hadnt seen before and was way over hyped (that could be down to the fact one of my friends didnt stop goin on about it from the day it was released in the cinema right to the day it was released on video)

but seriously, can anything other then buffy and angel really get to the depths of sick depravity that is Josh whedon style???? if it can i dont wanna know :o
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby maxpayne2409 on Wed Jun 23, 2004 12:01 am

@maxpayne2409: apn is abstersive painfull nausea

ah i see hehe, so its kinda like a phantom menace rating then :lol:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby Augmenter on Wed Jun 23, 2004 12:19 am

@maxpayne2409> Worse, actually...
Last edited by Augmenter on Wed Jun 23, 2004 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Augmenter
Skutter

Postby maxpayne2409 on Wed Jun 23, 2004 12:21 am

Augmenter wrote:@maxpayne2409> Worse, actualy...

oh my god :o
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby Augmenter on Wed Jun 23, 2004 12:26 am

Morpheous says: Yes.
Augmenter
Skutter

Postby dinky on Wed Jun 23, 2004 2:47 am

Augmenter wrote:Last 5 movies seen:
Torque 23:51 26.5.2004 apn!!!!!!!!!
Hellboy 2:07 5.6.2004 apn!!!!!!!!!!!
Necro Files 1:40 12.6.2004 ql apn
Dawn Of The Dead 1:40 12.6.2004 apn!
Taking Lives 23:42 12.6.2004 apn also

Necro Files was one of the more deacent movies in this list.

awww. I liked Hellboy, myself. x-men with a more interesting script.
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby mw2merc on Wed Jun 23, 2004 8:04 am

I saw tCoR. Just like I figured, if you want more than just a plain action flick, don't watch it, otherwise it's decent.

Re AvP - It has potential. Trailer #3 actually looks pretty good. Anyone who likes P2 will recognize the most prominent Predator mask from the AvP Trailers. It's very similar, if not the same as one of the 2 shown from the 'Honor Guard' in the ship at the end of P2.

I take it Augmenter is another person who thinks using obscure words makes him look smarter. An ex-roomie of mine did that. He wasn't any smarter for it. Smart people don't use obscure words in general conversation or public boards. Don't take this personal. No need to flame. No need to use obscure words either.

Gonna watch 'Pirates of the Caribbean' now. My favorite movie & OST of 2003. Was the best film of 2003 IMHO.
Last edited by mw2merc on Wed Jun 23, 2004 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
"faecs occurrere"
"Better you, than me!"
mw2merc
The Ninth Passenger

Postby mw2merc on Wed Jun 23, 2004 8:21 am

maxpayne2409 wrote:i also on the flip side detest anime, well to a degree, some anime i liked (monster city, dark city, mazinga z) but on a whole i really dont like manga

I don't detest anime myself, I'm just VERY VERY picky. I can't stand any anime that has high pitched whiney bitches, silly/goofy art styles, focusing on underaged girls, or many of the gender bending/alternative lifestyle focuses.

So most anime I don't like. Max, check out Macross Plus (4 eps). It's my favorite anime. If you've ever seen ANY Macross or Robotech & liked it, then you'll probably like this too. Big transforming robots/planes, a grudge match between pilots, a love story, friendship, duty, and sacrifice. I do like several 'mainstream' animes like GitS, Akira, Robotech, & more.

I do hate alot of the anime my roomate likes. Best part is, he can respect that & doesn't force me to watch any of it, unlike the general self proclaimed 'anime elite' fans who see raw Japanese & maybe Eng Subs as the ONLY way to watch anime. For me, if it's not worth watching in English, it shouldn't be made in English and should not be made available to the English speaking public. Worst English anime for me was the Akira ReDub. Original was way better. New version removes alot of the referances & great comments.

maxpayne2409 wrote:also i hated event shitrizon, it had one or 2 ok moments like when the object of spuds fetish (sam neall :lol: :wink: ) gouges his own eyes

Can't say I liked this one, but it wasn't horrible. I must admit that was one of the best parts of the film. The other off the top of my head was the 'baby bear' evacuation scene.

maxpayne2409 wrote:but seriously, can anything other then buffy and angel really get to the depths of sick depravity that is Josh whedon style???? if it can i dont wanna know :o

And fall as far as Buffy & Angel did as good gone crappy series?
"faecs occurrere"
"Better you, than me!"
mw2merc
The Ninth Passenger

Postby Augmenter on Wed Jun 23, 2004 8:58 am

/me zips his filthy mouth
Augmenter
Skutter

Postby spudthedestroyer on Wed Jun 23, 2004 1:08 pm

but seriously, can anything other then buffy and angel really get to the depths of sick depravity that is Josh whedon style???? if it can i dont wanna know

He was the only an idea man most of the time for those (although he wrote the buffy movie... now that was what I was talking about). The tv series were just based upon his ideas and written by other people... I'm talking about the monstrousity that was alien freaking four! Take a look at his writing credits on imdb! Absolutely shocking. I'm so glad someone rewrote Toy Story after he got his hick hands on it.

As for anime, I don't like it much either, but when its done well, it is very good (like Akira). Hence "if its done well"
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

PreviousNext

Return to General